Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-16-2014, 06:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW242/CW207/GW150

Height: 5'3

Default Do you take a preworkout?

I have tried the advocare spark drink and c4 preworkout drinks. I have only tried them once because my sister offered it to me. It is a energizing powder you put in your drink. Has anyone tried them or recommend them?
tinamariefitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:07 PM   #2  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

Waste of money. These sorts of things are just commerce. You really don't need them. I think they are often high in caffeine. Check out what's really in them at the very least before getting sucked in.

http://www.brown.edu/Student_Service...rgy_drinks.php

Even if your drink isn't exactly like one of these, i think you can bet its somewhat along the same lines. i.e. even if it is safe for use when exercising, if you need energy, you are better off getting it from real food. And the drink will no doubt likely have some other dubious substance in it.

It says there are 43 calories in advocate. You could get those from a peppermint sweet if you needed the extra glucose i.e. quick energy boost.

Last edited by Pattience; 04-16-2014 at 07:12 PM.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:25 PM   #3  

Height: 5'9"

I like to drink black iced coffee before workouts. Jazzes me all up and gets me through. Caffeine is a performance enhancer, and it doesn't make me all weirded out like some pre-workout things. I have a friend who's really fit and she gave me some of her pre-workout stuff one time. It made me feel like a billion shards of glass were working their way out from inside my skin. It was some sort of vasodilator with stimulants in it. It made me think of what people talk about when they talk about the "bath salts" drug. I couldn't even work out because I was so freaked out. Never again. I just stick to coffee. Pretty safe, and way cheaper, too!
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote