Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-25-2012, 08:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230 lbs/ 227.4 lbs/ 135 lbs

Height: 5'7"

Default Working Out at Home

Wondering how many people work out at home and what do you do?

My husband has some weights in the basement so I am able to do those, but I also run up and down our stairs for a crazy cardio workout and I try and do some yoga here and there. looking for some other stuff to do at home.
kellrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:03 PM   #2  

I workout mostly to dvd's or listen to podcast, cardio coach or music on cardio equipment. I have a couple of subscriptions where I get workouts from such as netflix and kinectflix. I also have a roku internet box which has youtube and I'm able to use lots of free workouts on there. If having internet connection is an option for you while you workout, I posted a list on an old thread of lots of youtube options.
PhillyGirl2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:13 PM   #3  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

I have a lot of home equipment: an ancient home gym (weight stack with bench, bars, a pulley), a recumbent bike, a mini stepper and a rowing machine. I love them all. I don't have a lot of floor space, so I haven't tried any workout videos, though I'd like to.
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I'm at a point where I weigh enough that I burn 300 calories for 30 minutes of walking- more if it's not on a flat surface. So I walk around the complex, climbing stairs, etc.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:14 PM   #5  
Maintaining since 2013

S/C/G: Sz 20/Sz 8/Maintain

Height: 5'11

When I workout at home I use various Lesile Sansone's Walk Away The Pounds videos, I have a few of my fav ExerciseTV clips that I saved and burned to DVD's and lastly I have a Pilates machine and I use that 2 - 3 times per week just for about 15 mins.

Next month I'm doing the 30 Day Shred and will incorporate my mini-stepper which has been collecting dust (I was too out of shape to use it when I first bought it).
SunnySide99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:34 PM   #6  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

I mainly workout at home with DVDs, jump rope, going for a walk or run around the neighborhood or local park, calisthenics, etc. I'm a huge fan of workout DVDs, right now I am doing P90X. I have been a member of gyms before and while I enjoy using gym equipment that I don't have at home, it's usually more convenient for me to exercise at home with the crazy schedule I have.
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:58 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

I do home and gym (if I don't have time for gym in the morning because of kids stuff). At home, I have a treadmill, bike, rebounder and db and bench, bar and plates. On you tube there are quite a few circuit exercise involving weights, too. Look up Upper body circuit and Lower body circuit. Some of them are killer! Squats into walking lunges into deadlifts into step ups......ouch! LOL
kmac1196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:49 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 350/296/125

Height: 177cm

I live in a teeny tiny little basement suite with 2 little doggies and my husband. Needless to say, we're a bit cramped. We run outside because there's no way we'd get a treadmill in that little space. We LOVE exercise videos though so we shove our coffee table into the hallway so we can do them. It's been 5 months and we haven't moved it back yet! We do Leslie Sansone DVDs because they are easy to do in minimal space (really easy!) and a resistance band workout called Got Bands? that is also easy to do in limited space (except glute presses...sometimes my puppies get kicked in the face with those...kicked lightly though. Poor little things...they aren't bright).
Skellig19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:36 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 240/225/160

Height: 5 foot 3 inches

I bought a treadmill to use because I refuse to go to a gym, not to mention I suffer from anxiety when I am in public. When the weather is nice out I try to make an effort to get outside and walk but I have the treadmill as a back up for the not so nice days.
angelsandfairies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:14 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/155

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyGirl2012 View Post
I workout mostly to dvd's or listen to podcast, cardio coach or music on cardio equipment. I have a couple of subscriptions where I get workouts from such as netflix....
I never thought to check Netflix for workout videos. I'm gonna check when I get home now; thanks!! I've tried DVDs (I've got all sorts of pilates, yoga, MTV, Jillian Michaels) stuff, most collecting dust 'cause I never even bothered to unwrap them. I have a stationary bike and a Bowflex Treadclimber and I've been using my Treadclimber every evening after work. I try to go to my gym at least twice a week for aqua classes (aqua-fit and aqua-Zumba) since I don't have a pool. I'm not comfortable using the other equipment there---I'm very self conscious of my appearance. My Treadclimber is giving me enough a workout, and maybe once I lose a couple (dozen) more pounds I'll feel better about jiggling in public.
Lakilaulea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:01 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I workout a bit here and there while at home. Like if I'm watching television I'll get up during commercial breaks and do lunges, squats, push ups etc. I also have free weights I use. I wish I could go to a gym but I can't afford it.

A while back there was an On Demand channel that had tons and tons and tons of free exercise videos but they have gotten rid of it. I miss that alot.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:04 AM   #12  

I look on Pinterest for a lot of workout motivation. Just type in workouts, and there are a ton of ideas. Different routines for different body parts. Also some videos if you search workout videos. I go to DoYogaWithMe online for free yoga vids.
happyfoodholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:21 AM   #13  
diamondgeog

I have been using a recumbent bike at my house for 30 to 40 minutes a day for the last 2 weeks with fantastic results. It has a pulse meter and it says I am at around 120-125 beats.

47 year old male so this is good. I have more energy, just feel so much better. The thing that is great is my workout is basically the time I am on the bike. Even a very close gym would probably double that when you take into account getting there, parking, getting settled, locking gym bag, finding the piece of equipment, going home.

It is just awesome to have the bike right there. It cost around $150 works great, and takes a lot less room than our elliptical did. No upper body I understand but still a very good aerobic workout.