Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 10-17-2010, 06:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 214.5/see ticker/132

Height: 5'2''

Default 5 Tibetan Exercises - Anyone Doing it?

I started 2 months ago with the five Tibetan exercises and do them now regularly, every morning. It is the very first time I stick to regular exercise at home and one reason is that it takes me about 10 minutes to do them.

I realized since I started, that I got more strength and energy during my day and long forgotten movements in every-day life are possible again.

I would like to ask, if anyone is doing them too, because I am not sure about the fourth exercise, the crab lifts, at all: if I look at instructional videos I am absolutely not able to repeat them exactly as they do it. Is it possible that I am still too big and that I will be able to do them correctly once I lost more weight?

Has anyone made a similar experience?
beni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 08:10 PM   #2  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

I have done the Tibetans, but not on a regular basis.
Number 4 is also referred to as a 'table maker'.
This website has an alternative exercise halfway down the page if you're having trouble.
http://www.mkprojects.com/pf_TibetanRites.htm

Keep up the good work !!
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 214.5/see ticker/132

Height: 5'2''

Hi ddc!
Thanks very much for the tip!
I was trying to do the table-maker as good as I can, but I think I need to lose another 10 - 15 kg to be able to"lift" up my bum from the floor.
At present, I can already place my hands flat beside my bottom, but there is still no room to lift it up and/or I am still too heavy for this... (sigh)...
beni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 01:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 172/172/152

Height: 5'3"

I have done them too but not regularly... I like the idea of waking up like that though! I have found through regular yoga practice in general that any poses/moves can be modified to what you can do. Just keep trying. It's been really exciting for me to be able to do more as I've been losing weight!
wickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote