Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-10-2010, 01:15 PM   #31  
50 is the new 40!

S/C/G: 165/165/140

Height: All of 5ft Tall

[QUOTE=Echo;3086498]aww thanks Mercy! you're so right! yep i dont actually care all that much that i'm showing a gain for the first weigh in, i've decided that this time around - i'm gonna be less stressed about the weekly weigh ins, because i think we shouldn't feel apolagetic or anything. at the end of the day as long as overall the scale is going down, that's all that matters.

Your above statement is exactly where I am at chica. I definitely want to lose the weight, but is not going to be my main goal. If I stay the same for 2 weeks so be it, I am still holding myself accountable for weighing in, but It's not going to be the "end" all.

The weight will drop off eventually I'm sure.

My fitness at my age matters the most and if I can exercise and be happy 6 days a week, isn't that all that matters anyways?

I went to the Doctor last month and I am truly on the better side than most at my age. Normal heart rate, blood pressure, hdl, ldl normal, normal blood suger, so that being said, I am on no meds, and I consider myself very fortunate.
Mercy03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 02:31 PM   #32  
Lose the holiday lbs!

S/C/G: 174/163.8/150

Height: 5.7 ft

wow Mercy thats totally awesome ! and i couldnt agree with you more. what matters is your level of fitness. i love the weekly weigh ins, cause it does help me stay on track and i love having a weekly accountability

good on ya for having such a positive outlook!

you're totally awesome!
Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 02:34 PM   #33  
Lose the holiday lbs!

S/C/G: 174/163.8/150

Height: 5.7 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercy03 View Post
I am using what the machine is telling me. Out of the 8 different programs on the machine, I am focusing on the "fat burn" program.According to my age and weight, a 112 heart rate is in the fat burning zone and 128 is cardio.

I am 48 and weigh 143 so this is what the machine tells me according to my figures. I am sure there is probably a 20-30 percent discrepancy in those figures as well.

I also know it can't possibly calibrate that I am running on a 5 min interval for 1 min to increase my endurance.
yeh machines wont accurately tell you what your burning, unless you wear a heart rate monitor. but its good to get a ballpark number
Echo is offline   Reply With Quote