Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2002, 10:56 AM   #31  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 241/237/160

happy2bme-ouch! Hope you're feeling better soon.

Jacksonmom-last week was a bit of a fluke I'm afraid. I got alot of walking in because my daughter spent a couple days at her grandma's and then spent an evening at a friends house too. So I was able to take walks before and after work several days.

So far this week is 11 miles. Could really use a break from the heat and humidity!!
Old 08-01-2002, 12:55 PM   #32  

Hey Happy2bme-it worked - the time zone change I mean! I thought I had already changed the zone to eastern - but I guess not.

Looks right now
Old 08-02-2002, 09:24 AM   #33  

Good Morning All, just a quick hello as I have a busy day today. DH has a travel meeting next week and I have decided to join him so I'll be out from Monday noon thru Wednesday. I'll report my mileage on Sunday, which by the way is looking good. I may even meet my halfway mark by then!!!!
Hope you all have a great weekend.
Old 08-02-2002, 10:04 AM   #34  

Hi everyone. Looks like y'all are doing good.

Happy2bme--ouch! I hope you feel better soon. I know I went to the dentist recently and had a few to many cavitities and now I'm a flossing machine. Don't want to have anymore work done. Can't imagine having oral surgery! TTYL
Old 08-03-2002, 09:36 PM   #35  

Hi to all:

We are sure having a great summer up here in Canada eh!!!!!!!!!

It has been hot,hot,hot.... its great for getting out and bike riding. I live in the country so I have country roads to ride my bike on. The one route I do is paved and stoned and tared so it is easy riding. I ride on the opposite side of the road and when a car comes I move to the other side. Sometimes I have to juggle a couple of cars but its easy riding. LOL I can't imagine riding in the city on the busy roads. It would be too dangerous.

Everyone is doing great with this exercising, it really gets you toned up. So far this week I have done 25 miles. I will go on Sunday but will put that one in on next weeks.

Have a good one

Suzanne
Old 08-04-2002, 08:38 PM   #36  

Hi Girls, hope everyone is having a good weekend. I'm reporting a total of 21 miles this week plus some additional floor exercise. This puts me over the half way mark for my first two weeks. WooHoo!

Thanks everyone, I would have still been setting on the sofa had it not been for this challenge!

Gotta run and get stuff packed for tomorrows trip. Bye for now.
Old 08-04-2002, 10:39 PM   #37  

Hi all-hope everyone's week went well. Is it hot everywhere? I'm in central PA and its about unbearable. I'm almost thankful to go to work every day, since we have central air there. Thank God for a/c in the bedroom and the community swimming pool!

Total for this week is 24 miles.
Old 08-05-2002, 12:26 AM   #38  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi Ladies,

Put me down for 10 miles for the week. It's been just downright nasty hot here (in Chicago) - if I had been walking outdoors, might have got a mile in for the entire week - you're zapped of all energy before you get to the end of the driveway! I think most of the country except for Seattle and San Diego are burning up Karena. Nice going on your mileage this week Semo and Suzanne. Suzanne, hope you have some nice shaded roads to ride on since you said it's hot up your way too. Jacksonmom loved the flossing machine thing! A couple of hours in the dentist chair sure will convince you to do everything he tells you! I'm feeling better but the stamina was a bit lower this week than usual. Going to have to pump it up the rest of the week as I am leaving on vacation Saturday for a few days.

Hope everyone has a great week - is supposed to cool off a bit they tell us, but the weatherman lies sometimes...
Old 08-05-2002, 01:52 PM   #39  

This weeks total. Everyone is doing awesome!

Jacksonmom...goal 50...25

Semo...goal 50...26

Karena...goal 80...54

Happy2bme...goal 25...20

madtypist...goal 100...59

Kina...goal 40...20

Everyone keep it up. TTYL

Last edited by jacksonmom; 08-08-2002 at 03:32 PM.
Old 08-05-2002, 03:03 PM   #40  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Hello to everyone. I am just making a quick peek onto the thread. The kids will be home and I will be off to work soon. I haven't quite finished all the chores. But I wanted to report 10 for the week. Talk again another time.

kina
Old 08-07-2002, 12:31 PM   #41  

Hey, the thread was working its way down so I thought I'd pull us back up!

Great to see everyone out there walking! Just about everyone's over 1/2 way there and happy2bme you'll definitely blow away your goal! Good to here from you Kina - glad to see you're getting some walking in - even with your busy schedule.

It was a lovely 45-50 degrees in PA this morning during my 7am walk. It was wonderful!!!

Getting lots of walking and other exercise in this week as my daughter is at bible school every evening and has stayed at her grandma's the last two nights and maybe tonight. I miss her, but I'm getting alot done - exercise and cleaning and getting ready to go on vacation next week.

TTYL
Old 08-07-2002, 11:01 PM   #42  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

well folks looks like I'm going to chalk in a measly 5 miles for this week. I'm going on vacation Saturday and the next 2 nights will be spent in a furious rush of trying to get everything done and ready to leave the house at 4:30am on Saturday morning. This gets me to my challenge goal but since I'm coming back next Wednesday and have 5 more days left to the challenge, I'm intending to beat my original goal. Especially since I pushed the first 2 weeks to do more than I had to. And... I know I will be no little angel in the eating department the next few days tho I do intend to do some walking and exercising while I'm away and will have massive guilt to motivate me upon my return.

Congrats Kina on hitting your weight goal this week!

Everyone is doing great, I'm sure the cooler weather will help us all get a little more oommph into our program. Check back with you next week.
Old 08-07-2002, 11:11 PM   #43  

I am so bummed

I splurged on myself and paid $70 for a pair of walking shoes at a specialty store an hour away. The outside of my right foot is killing me! I've walked in them for 4 days now thinking I just need to get used to them - but it ain't happenin! The store guarantees their shoes and I can exchange them. But that means a two hour drive round trip!

I am so frustrated. I was really looking forward to a new bounce in my step from good shoes. Guess its back to the old $15 pair until I have time to spare.

What does everyone else wear for walking? specialty walking shoes or Kmart specials!

P.S. Happy2bme - enjoy yourself!!
Old 08-08-2002, 03:34 PM   #44  

Hi! Sorry I haven't checked in in awhile. Been a weird week. Kina I updated your total. Congrats on hitting the 200 mark!!! I think everyone is going to succeed at the challenge.
Happy2bme have fun

Karena hope you get the new shoes soon. Nothing worse than your feet hurting when your walking. TTYL
Old 08-08-2002, 04:56 PM   #45  

Hi All, I'm back home (work at the moment) and DOG tried. While Hubby was in his meetings I met with his only sister and we shopped as hard as we could go for two days. Lordy, my feet and shins still hurt today. Anyway the motel had a exercise room and I did get in a couple of miles one of the two mornings that we were there. We got home around 11pm last night so I'll have to make some tracks over the weekend to stay on schedule. So then I get to work this morning and have had computer problems all day. (still waiting on the help desk to fix it.....ugh...I'ld been better off just to have stayed home today)

Karena: Don't know about the shoes, no matter what brand I wear they do not feel good. Guess my feet just aren't made to wear tennis shoes.

We are having wonderful weather here, a cool front came in on Tuesday and it is just great. At 3:45 pm it's 88 degrees today. What a switch from the very hot and humid weather we have been having. Hope you guys get some of this great stuff too.

Happy2bme: Hope you enjoy yourself while your gone. I always seem to over do the food when I'm away from home.

Better run..........

Last edited by SEMO; 08-08-2002 at 05:01 PM.
Closed Thread