Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-29-2009, 02:21 AM   #16  

my mom would say just tie your shoes. its the hardest thing.
cdcrro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:24 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 297/ticker/176

Height: 180cm/6ft

I was the same when I started (only a few weeks ago now), I was so unfit just walking from my car to the office was making me puffed!

I started by walking around the block. I was embarrassed at first, my legs hurt, my back ached, and I had to stop every few minutes.

Now, only a couple of weeks later, I've built up to 40min walks and even a couple of hills. I was SHOCKED at how fast I built up my endurance. I'm hoping to even start jogging soon!

Baby steps - you'll get there!!! Don't be disheartened by how hard it is at first. I look at the amazing women on here who started in the same place and are now running marathons! Keep that in mind and BELIEVE that you can do it!
Aussie Nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:08 PM   #18  
Future Former Fat Girl

Default I know how ya feel . . . I'm out of shape BUT

I'm tired, overweight, stressed . . . yadda yadda yadda

BUT - in just the last ten days since I've been on my "move every day" kick I have felt SO much better. Both physically and emotionally.

I'm very very out of shape. I would love to just throw myself into a new routine of hard exercise but I would end up hurting my back or knees and just sitting on the sidelines while I heal. I've done that before and I won't make that mistake again.

I totally agree with all who said "take baby steps." I posted earlier this week about the workouts I've been trying on. As a beginner I think it's good to share what is working for us right now! We can always step up to more challenging workouts as our fitness and health improves. Knowing that I can do a simple, shorter workout gives me hope that I can actually finish it and feel better about exercising. My goal is to listen to my body and see my fitness get better and better. I'd like to take a beginner's step class at the gym. This week, I feel that I get too winded. Maybe next week - I'm sure gonna try! If I get to the class and it's too hard? I'll just do the moves behind my step. I realized that The Biggest Loser is a contest, but my fitness and my health are not! If the gals in the front row are using the highest step and hopping and saying WOOOO! that's wonderful. I am happy that I can just show up, ready to do what I can do this week!

I think we get overwhelmed by thinking we have to do everything right now - go to the gym two hours a day - buy eqiupment for home. It isn't true! I can get my body moving every single day - even if it's just a ten minute walk. I will gladly do that rather than do nothing at all and feel defeated.

That being said, I also concur with everyone who has said positive things about Leslie Sansone's walking workout. It's wonderful because there are segments - you can do one and maybe work up to two next time. Leslie has a great attitude without being overbearing. I can do these DVD's in front of my family and not be embarrassed! No dancing around or tricky moves. (Even tho' I do love dancing around!)

Hope my opinion is of some help. DO NOT GIVE UP! That's on order.
mllek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:11 PM   #19  
Future Former Fat Girl

Default Cdcrro, your mom is quite right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcrro View Post
my mom would say just tie your shoes. its the hardest thing.
Amen to that!
mllek is offline   Reply With Quote