Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2002, 12:39 AM   #1  

Question How much should I exercise to lose weight??

I am 163.5 lbs 5'3" female, and I would like to know the best way to lose 20 pounds in about 11 weeks without counting anything. I have tried the calorie counting method and I have failed numerous times, and it is a time consuming hassle! I say I will stop calorie counting, but I get paranoid when I eat something I go right back to counting my calories.

I know I need to eat a lot healthier, but how often should I exercise per day?? Is everyday too much??
Old 07-29-2002, 07:07 AM   #2  

Renee81,
Hi! 2#'s a week is a healthy amount of weight to loose. If you have 11 weeks, you may very well be able to do that, if you really work at it. I've recently joined up with a group called 1st Place and it teachs you many things including a food exchange program that is approved by the AHA, ADA, etc. This program is a moderate/low carbo, low fat, and low sugar diet. It gives you guidelines for your current weight and what calorie level you should be at. For me, I'm at a 1500 calorie level for now.
Exercise is the biggie! I've been told if you want to maintain your weight, exercise 3x a week, if you want to loose, exercise 5x or more a week. I've joined Curves4Women and go there 4-5x a week, plus I walk or swim as much as I physically can. The combination of eating right and exercising has giving me great results.
If you need additional info regarding 1st Place, please send me a pmessage and I'll fill you in.

GL!!!
Closed Thread