Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-06-2007, 11:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 300Lbs/297Lbs/200Lbs For now..

Height: 5'8

Default When 2 Exercise?

Hey Everybody,

When is the best time to exercise? Should I excercise more than once per day? After every meal?

Looking for excercise info.
Karlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 11:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

I think you should start off slow, if you havn't been on a regular exercise regime, 3 times a week to start would be good. If you havn't exercised in a while, you definately don't want to over do it... you could hurt yourself and that wouldn't be good at all.

Do it whenever it is most convenient for you. Remember, this is a lifestyle change... something that you're willing to stick to for the rest of your life.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 01:33 AM   #3  
Losing it and loving it!!

S/C/G: 181/See Ticker/130

Height: 5'4

I have a very busy schedule, so I just try to fit in time whenever I can. I jumped on a trampoline for 1/2 today while babysitting and I'm happy with that. I try to hop on the treadmill for a 40 minute run about 3-4 days a week, but if it doesn't happen I really don't beat myself up about it, I fit in as much fitness as I can throughout the day.
** I always do crunches, squats and lunges during commercial breaks, that way I don't feel so bad for sitting and watching TV!!!!
bee optimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 01:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 283/see tkr/150

Height: 5'8"

The best time to exercise is when you will actually do it. I used to think I HAD to exercise in the morning. I could never stick with it. This time around, I am exercising in the late afternoon. That is when I have the most energy. If you don't have one big chunk of time, several smaller workout sessions can work well. You could experiment until you find something that works for you. Good luck to you!
MelKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 02:26 AM   #5  
Can't Doesn't Exist

S/C/G: 285/270/175

Height: 5'8"

I exercise in small chunks throughout the day. I used to think I had to get up early in the morning and exercise every single day, and I quickly gave up and quit. I was always tired, sore, and hungry.

Now, I try to incorporate it throughout the day. I have a pedometer I use to track steps and calories burned, and I do 1/2-1mile chunks of my WATP DVDs several times a day. I also use my stretchy bands while I'm sitting at the comp.
Astrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 10:08 AM   #6  
Ilene the Bean

The best time to exercise is when you're going to commit to doing it, and do it!

Walking is a great starter exercise... Start slow and work yourself up to more time and intensity...

Good luck and keep us posted on your success...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 10:16 PM   #7  
the journey begins

S/C/G: 270/257/150

I've just started exercising and feel that walking is the easiest and best way to go (and it's nearly free!). All I had to do was buy a decent pair of sneakers. Walking is, I think, besides swimming the safest way to go, especially if you're out of shape and looking to start a routine. I plan on adding sprints in with my walks and then jog/walk/jog/walk/sprint to the end.
Intervals are great. Once I'm in better shape I plan on breaking out my bike and going to the park for a nice long ride. And then heres hoping, I'll be able to join a pool this time next year (I'll be confident enough to wear a bathing suit). Slow and steady is best so you don't injure yourself. Messing up your knees or pulling a muscle wouldn't do you any good! So take your time, do the exercise when you can fit it in, or if you know you have a good chunk of time each day, every day, set that as your exercising time. Try twice a week for a 30 minutes. Or three times a week, 15 minutes. You'll be amazed how quickly you'll be able to reach 60 minutes, 6 days a week! Act like you have an appointment - even put it on a calendar. Get moving, you can do it!!! It'll not only make you feel great, give you energy but will speed up your weight loss. Good luck!!
Amberoo is offline   Reply With Quote