Walk/Run Challenge - May

You're on Page 1 of 6
Go to
  • I thought I'd start the thread this month.

My goal is 125 again. For me that works out as hitting 99 miles before 25 May, resting on the 26th, running a marathon on the 27th and taking the rest of the month off. I'm not sure whether I'll make it as I'll be cutting down my running a bit for the taper, but we'll see.

A decent start this morning, 4.5 miles on the treadmill.

4.5/125
  • I'm gonna aim for 75 miles this month.

Goal - 75
    Done - 4
    Left - 71
  • I'll try and do 45 miles this month.
  • hmmm
    I think I'll have a try at getting 40 this month.. I am probably shooting too high, but it's something to work toward... and I have two 5k's this month.
  • 100 this month
  • Always wanted to join this group so here I am! My goal this month is 50 miles!

Goal - 50 miles
    Done - 15 miles
    Left - 35 miles
  • This is my first time doing a challenge. I exercise, just not a regular as I should. I will set my goal at 50 for this month.

Goal: 50
    Done: 2
    Left: 48
  • I'm not sure where to set my goal, since I have this tendonitis thing going on. I'm just going to say 50 miles and see what happens. But I won't get to run today and I probably won't get to run tomorrow either.
  • I'm aiming for 70 miles this month!
  • 4.2/100
  • My goal for May is 60 miles.
    Miles complete 35.77
    Miles to go 24.31
  • Hmmm, I'll set a May goal of 80 miles. I'm running a 15k on Sunday, so I'm thinking of training for a half marathon distance after that. We'll see how the 15k goes.

May Goal - 80 miles
    Miles complete - 5 miles
    Miles to go - 75
  • 12.7 miles with running club tonight - 17.2/125
  • Hello everyone! I am new to this thread, but lemme just say, I have a whole new respect for all you walkers/runners! I just walked 2 miles up and down hills to get my Avon kit and OMG! I am soooo tired! I seriously didn't think I was going to make it and that's just sad. My legs were burning, I had to stop for lil' mini breaks, LOL! it was horrible. Here I was thinking I was all that because I do the Step aerobics 4 to 5 days a week for an hour or more, but I ain't get chit on y'all! LOL! It has increased my endurance though. I didn't have an asthma attack and that's wonderful! So anywho, I've decided to do this walk at least 5 to 6 day's week until it's easier, and then go from there.

That being said, I am going for 40 + miles this month.
  • Ran 3 miles on treadmill = 29:41

Goal: 70
    Completed: 3
    Remaining: 67