Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-28-2007, 11:44 AM   #16  
Ilene the Bean

hrbabe -- You're a weights addict now ... Welcome to the Club ...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:58 AM   #17  
Meg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva0302 View Post
My question is this; once you've lost all your weight and are just trying to maintain, wouldn't a set point be ok? If it's working for you, and you aren't gaining weight(fat), it seems to be that at a certain point in your life, a set point would be perfectly fine. I could be wrong though, the last time I "maintained" I was in my early 20's, LOL!
Diva, I think you're exactly right about maintenance. Once you've reached your weight goal, the next step is to find that perfect balance of calories and exercise that lets you stay there. The sweet spot, so to speak. If that's a set point, awesome! because I'd much rather be 'set' at 135 than 257 pounds!

In reality, I'm pretty sure my set point - as in what my body would like to weigh - is still somewhere in the 200s. It's a lot of hard work to stay where I am and it would be incredibly easy to gain the weight back. But I think that's a different kind of set point than we're talking about here.

Regardless of maintaining/being set in your weight, I think it's important to always be striving for more fitness. Lift a little more weight, do more pushups or pullups, go faster on the elliptical - that sort of thing. I don't think we can ever be too fit!

Fran, there's no doubt in my mind that I would have gained the weight back without weightlifting. It changed my life, seriously, and I know it's changing yours too.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:28 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Yes, ladies, it's true - I confess. My arms ache just thinking about a good ubwo! It's like they can't wait to get started.

And it's all YOUR (as in you-all) FAULT!! Take that!! I'm so glad to have found all you nice women to have welcomed me into your enlightened world!!
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:57 PM   #19  

ok, I've never weightlifted in my life, so need some help here.

My son has some weights, not sure what weight they are but will get back about that.

How long do you lift them for each day please?
EleanorR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 01:05 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Somedays? about 3 minutes

Go and have a big read here
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=80
You'll love it!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 01:27 PM   #21  

Thanks will check it out.

I'm new to all of this so didn't know if it was something that was done everyday, or a couple of times a week etc
EleanorR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 01:29 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Opinions and plans vary greatly. You need to find the perfect plan 'a la Eleanor' which is fun, really!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote