Exercise Equipment Does it work? Share your experiences with exercise equipment here.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 224/202/175

Default FitBit One vs. Jawbone Up

Does anybody use either of these? I am in the market to buy a activity monitor that you wear 24/7. These are just two that i have seen. Does anybody use either and have you seen results with them?
1brwneyebeauti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:11 AM   #2  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

I'm a fan of the Nike FuelBand... I love it... I wear it all the time and it definitely has made me more "active" in general... I really have become addicted to earning Nike "fuel"... and even though running is my main thing when it comes to exercise.... I'm walking everywhere a lot more just to earn more points for the day, which is a good thing...

From the online reviews that I've seen the Jawbone didn't do so well... but I know a lot of people really like FitBit and I actually would really like to try one out which I probably will do at some point since I'm sort of gadget type of person when it comes to personal fitness... But to be honest I don't see myself giving up my FuelBand anytime soon...
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:27 AM   #3  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

I LOVE my fitbit. It's the only pedometer that I continually use. And because of my body portions, I can't really use most pedometers on my hip. So I love having it clipped to my bra. I work nights and I like knowing how well I sleep. I've had some "smart" pedometers but at my job, I do a lot of one two three stop sort of steps. It wouldn't count have those steps. It would frustrate me. I went from 10-12k to 6 k because of those small increment steps. The fitbit seems accurate to me...unless I'm doing chest shimmies (i'm learning bellydance). I've noticed that chest shimmies will pump up my steo count.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:11 PM   #4  

I have a Fitbit One and I love it! I'll spare the echo as Daimere pretty much hit the nail on the head for me, so I'll throw in the only downside I know of to consider - depending on your car (how bumpy the ride is), for me it often counts all sorts of steps while I'm riding. To fix this all you have to do is go log driving as an activity for the time you were in the car and the steps go away, so it's an easy fix, but it can get annoying. Not a deal breaker, though!
thinkfit is offline   Reply With Quote