Old 09-12-2004, 03:23 PM   #1  
WW Moderator

Default Tilapia with Mustard Pecan Topping

Delicious tilapia is enhanced with a tasty Dijon topping, made with mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, and chopped pecans. To cut fat and calories even more, use herbs in place of the pecans or use reduced fat mayonnaise. Tilapia is packed with nutrients and it's absolutely delicious!

INGREDIENTS:

1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup brown mustard, such as French's Bold 'n Spicy
1 pound tilapia fillets, if frozen, thaw
1/4 cup chopped pecans, finely chopped

PREPARATION:

Lightly butter a large, shallow baking pan, such as a jelly roll pan. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, and mustard.
Using paper towels, pat fish lightly to dry. Arrange fish fillets in prepared baking dish.

Spread mayonnaise mixture over each fillet. Sprinkle each fillet with chopped pecans; press down gently.

Bake in a preheated 350° oven for 12 to 15 minutes, until fish flakes easily with a fork.

Use 2 to 3 fillets per person, or 4 to 6 ounces. Serve with broccoli and tomato slices. Tilapia recipe makes 4 servings.

Nutrients (from MasterCook 6.0)
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 355 Calories; 31g Fat; 23g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 65mg Cholesterol; 401mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch), 0 Lean Meat; 3 Fat.

From About.com
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 06:18 PM   #2  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

This was delicious!!!!! But dont do what I did....clever me thought I'll just use the Dijonnaise that hubby puts on his sandwiches everyday...well after I ate it, and brought the bottle to the computer to imput the info into fitday. I was stunned to see that it cost me 7 carbs!!!!!!! So dont do that....do what jennifer tells you to do!

I didnt use pecans, and sprinkled tarragon ontop, and eating the sliced tomatoes with the fish was just divine!

Positively a "Do Again"!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote