1 bag (6 oz) baby spinach
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
1/4 lb lean ham, diced small
1/4 lb low-fat mozzarella, shredded
1 egg, slightly beaten
4 thick cut (1 1/4 to 1 1/2" thick) lean pork chops for stuffing
Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a large saucepan over med heat. Add garlic, cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute. Add spinach, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp pepper and the Italian seasoning, cook, stirring, just until spinach is wilted, about 2 min. Remove the spinach mixture to a med sized bowl and let cool completely.When cool, add the ham, cheese, and egg;gently stir to combine completely.

Cut a slit in the pork chops so that they can be opened like a book, and stuff each chop with a 1/4 of the spinach mix and secure with toothpicks. (You can freeze these be sure to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap, no toothpicks please! They will freeze fine for up to 1 month)

If chops are frozen, thaw in fridge overnight. Preheat oven to 375F. Heat remaining 1 Tbsp oil in skillet. Add chops, cook 2 min each side or until browned. Place chops in a single layer in a baking dish just large enough to hold them. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper. Bake the chops for 15 min or until internal temp is 155F. Remove chops to a platter, cover with foil, and allow to stand for 5-10 min in a warm place before serving.
By the way I have created a word doc called recipes and no matter what site I am on if I like a recipe I copy and paste it into that doc that way I never have to go searching for it again. If you haven't done this yet I would suggest doing so because it will make your life alot easier! If you use say a comp at the library you can store it on a floppy.

Last edited by Jennie527; 03-09-2004 at 09:15 PM.
Jennie527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 09:16 PM   #2  
Professional dieter

S/C/G: 250/232/130

Height: 5'3"

I fixed it! I left out one line, but now it is back in!
Old 03-11-2004, 07:36 AM   #3  

This recipe inspired me and I made a version using a pork loin roast. I cut the roast part way (so you can open it like a book). Put some sauteed spinach, mushrooms, and garlic (cooled) on the cut part along with salt and pepper. Rolled it up, tied it with butcher string. Bit of salt and pepper on the outside. Seared in hot OO in a skillet on all sides. Spread some dijon mustard all over then sprinkled herb de provence. Roasted in a 375 oven for about an hour and 10 min until the meat registered about 150 degrees (make sure your thermometer is in the meat not the stuffing). It was pretty to look at and delicious to eat with some sauteed cabbage and caraway seeds (flavored with a bit of moooove over butter).
Bluegrass Gyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 12:19 AM   #4  

I made this a few weeks ago and loved it. I froze a "set" of chops and we had them last night and they were just as good! Thank you for the recipe.
Linky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 09:45 AM   #5  

This ALWAYS gets very salty for me, even tho I don't add even a grain of salt to it. Is it from the ham? I use lean ham slices, and not much of it at that.
wendyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 01:17 PM   #6  
Professional dieter

S/C/G: 250/232/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Nat~
My husband hates spinach. What would you reccomend substituting?

Thanks

Nat
Sorry it took me so long to respond. You could try mushrooms in it or maybe cabbage... or both!