Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 09:24 PM   #16  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heva2015
I know that this might not be your chosen weight loss method but many thousands do choose this method and I for one would appreciate support in it rather than being told what to do like a naughty school girl.
This is a forum for public discussion... I don't think it is treating someone "like a naughty school girl" to express honest concerns. Speaking personally, I do try to be an encourager here, and I think most others do as well; however, I personally will not give support in someone's doing something which I feel is dangerous to their health. As I said in my first post, I don't intend to "debate" someone -- but at the same time people posting here for input can't expect automatic "yes votes" for what they are doing when it is obviously unhealthy.

MrsJim, thanks for the great links! I did note on one of them that a VLCD is considered around 800 calories.

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 05-07-2006 at 09:31 PM.
Old 05-08-2006, 12:31 PM   #17  

Like many here, I keep an eye on calories and exercise. It's slow going, but for the first time in my life it's working. If I can do it, anyone can.

I have a good friend who was doing Lighter Life. She had great success with it, for a time, then found that the low calorie regime was too hard to take, she got ill, and had to return to food. 18 months on I have lost twice as much as she did, whilst taking in twice as many calories

I think if you are realistic about what you are getting in to, then a very low calorie plan can work fine. But you will need to return to food at some point, and unless you are very disciplined, may find it hard to maintain your loss without the rigidity of the program.

I'd find out just how much you are committed to up front, and whether you can get a refund if you drop out.

Have you spoken to your gp about your weight? Are you obese? In the UK now your gp is obligated to help you if you fall into the obese category.

I would urge you to do this before you give any serious pounds to anyone who stands to make a lot of money out of you!
Closed Thread