Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 07:16 PM   #1  

Question 6 week body makeover. opinions??

I'm intrigued by the infomercial. Has anyone tried this? Please let me know if there is any reason to give it a chance.
Old 05-02-2005, 10:32 AM   #2  
prepare for the BEST time

I borrowed this complete kit from a friend....it is VERY involved and it's like taking a full college course. It will work, but you most devote a lot of time and energy to the program....
Old 05-02-2005, 01:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 168/152.2/128?

Height: 5'-5"

Default 6wbmo

I have done it, too. It is VERY involved, and the eat and exercise for your type is extremely questionable. The "workout only 18 minutes twice a week" is also incredibly misleading. For one it's AS LITTLE as 18 minutes (took me about 1/2 hour) and then there's the cardio which is another 4-5 hours weekly.

A lot of it is gimmicky, but it will work if you follow it. It's a healthy, balanced eating plan.

HTH,

Robin
Old 05-02-2005, 03:55 PM   #4  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

I have purchased it too and I lost 20 pounds in 6 weeks and I was feeling good but I felt like I was missing something I was it was dairy products and I didnt like the fact that you had to use a cord stuck in a door to do strengh traning and I didnt like that cause where I would exercise I didnt have no doors. Over all it is a good program but It takes alot of work and it is very strick. But do you really want to spen 130 $$ that is what I paid for mine Now it sets under the bed.
Old 05-02-2005, 06:07 PM   #5  

Default thank you

thank you for your honest opinions. you may have saved me from another disappointment! I know myself well enough to know that I don;t do well with too much detail! Well back to the drawing board!
Old 05-02-2005, 07:53 PM   #6  

If you are looking for a good 6 week makeover, do slim in six from Beach Body. It's not going to turn you into a super model in those six weeks, but it really gets you started on a path to better health and a better body. And the results are noticeable. You will work out from 30 minutes to an hour six times a week. There is a food chart, but not a hard diet to follow. And after six weeks, you feel so much better!
Old 05-04-2005, 09:10 AM   #7  

The Six week body makeover is the biggest scam every created!! Save your money, and just go to Walmart, and look at the Denise Austin video's and DVD's they are only 10.00 - 20.00 bucks and do work..it's why she is still in business!!
Old 05-04-2005, 09:49 AM   #8  

Default 6 wk body makeover is great

I guess diets have to work for the person. For me, and some of my co-workers, the 6WBM has been great. It has taught me exactly what and how I should eat to burn fat and boost my metabolism. In that, the $100something I spent on it three years ago has well been worth it. (I just have to stick with it!)

I don't do the toning exercises, but do walk. Yes, the toning does take about half and hour, and for someone with NO coordination, I needed help to even visualize, even with the info cards, poster, and video (what does that tell you about me!)

I remember how I used to diet--crackers, yogurt, fruit, etc. and could not figure out what I was doing wrong since I'd never loose. I wasn't until, through this, I realized that my body type was sensistive to those very foods. And I don't feel hungry since I eat six times a day and drink tons of water (about 100 oz.)
The hardest for me is giving up on the sugar--takes about 5 days to get it out of my system.

Anyway, it can work, if you want to put forth the effort and educate yourself.

My two cents, hope that helps.

MamaEli.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:58 AM   #9  
prepare for the BEST time

For me the bottom line is to shut my mouth and put on my sneakers...... calories in, calories out....

I seem to take principles from many programs and apply them (or try to)

6WBM has some good ideas, but I would need a personal assistant to instruct me through it every day.....
Old 05-04-2005, 09:52 PM   #10  

I have no doubt this would work, I was simply unable to rearrange my entire life to follow this diet.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:20 PM   #11  
Uber-Moderator!!

Ebay...

If you feel you MUST try this, rather than coughing up the megabucks for it, go on ebay or craigslist and find one of the numerous kits that are being sold for a fraction of the price...

I've been hearing about this for about, oh, 3 years now and from what I've read/seen/etc about it, doesn't sound like there's anything new there - you know that old saying "there is nothing new under the sun"?

It all comes down to 'eat less, move more'...buying this kit is not going to be 'just like having Michael Thurmond himself' training you...I've seen various infomercials - including this one - and they ARE very persuasive. One needs to keep in mind that the companies behind these infomercials are EXPERT marketers who have researched and KNOW their target audience...and know what to say to get you to pick up the phone (or log on to the sales website) and buy their product. They also know that most buyers will not utilize the guarantee (you know "30 days or return it for a full refund - guaranteed!") so it's a win-win situation for them...

Like I said...there's really nothing NEW here...
Old 05-06-2005, 09:55 PM   #12  

Thumbs down

I sent mines BACK! I also called HSN and told them they should have been ashamed of thereselves for selling that CRAP !

Go to http://provida.com and look at the problem and challenges section of the message board and see what people are having problems with!

I was on it for 1 week and that was enough! I had headaches, nervousness and also irritability. I didn't suffer from leg cramps due to having NO potassium in your diet. I used my calcium suppliments because you couldn't have any dairy NOT even SOY! Drinking 100oz of water was TOO much for me.

This diet was the biggest scam ever and you will NEVER see Micheal on the message boards and don't dare talk bad about the 6wbmo. They have a HORRIBLE support system and will bash you if you talk bad about the program. Take it from me they bashed me for asking questions about why I shouldn't do step aerobics like The Firm.

So save your money and find a program that is safe for you and won't cause MAJOR health problems.

IMHO
Old 05-07-2005, 12:16 PM   #13  

Very interesting, Carol. He has a new book out, something like "6 day diet". I wonder if it's all the same.
Old 05-07-2005, 04:01 PM   #14  

Red face

Yes it's very similiar to the mini 6 day diet, it's very restrictive as well and is NOT recomended for those starting out on the 6wbmo.
Old 05-09-2005, 08:12 AM   #15  

When I ordered the diet,I was told about the 30 day money back guarantee. However, when I sent it back it took them weeks, and weeks to credit my account. They claimed that they never received the package, and that they were not going to pay for something they never received. Little did they know, that I had sent the package back to them, and required a signature from them in order to receive it. Sure enough, they had signed for it, and received it in just 2 days. The third day I called them they still said that they had not received it, and then they went ahead and charged my credit card yet again. This has me more than mad...I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, Attorney Generals office, as well as The Company Directly, within one week I had a check back in the mail for all of their antics!!
Closed Thread