Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 07:14 PM   #1  
Leah71

Question Any opinion on Thyrin-ATC?

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie. Lately I've been seeing a lot regarding Thyrin-ATC on TV commercials. I have thyroid issues, so I was wondering if anyone else has tried this product or knows anything about it?
Thanks!
Leah
Old 03-24-2005, 08:05 PM   #2  
it's always something

There has been some discussion of thyroid problems and over the counter "medications" before, and the general opinion was not to take them. The thyroid is not something you want to fool around with. Have your thyroid tested by your physician and if you need medication, they can prescribe something that is safe and proven effective. The products you purchase OTC, such as Thyrin-ATC, are not reviewed by the FDA. In fact, many of them can actually be harmful to thyroid function instead of helping.

A growing trend among these types of products is to use bottles that mimic prescription drugs, with their own made-up names that sound clinical. It's just marketing hype.

The info on the Thyrin-ATC website actually says that it is not a substitute for prescription thyroid medication, that you must ask your doctor if this will help you, and you must also follow a diet and exercise program.

They don't tell what the product contains, which is a huge red flag. What are they hiding? I'm 99.999% sure that it is a kelp product, because this is what all of the other thyroid supplements contain. Check my reply in this thread for more information on kelp.
Closed Thread