Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 02:27 PM   #16  
prepare for the BEST time

PM is private message (look in the box on the top of screen to your right)...Tina, its commonly known as "white-coat-syndrome" ie fear of the doctor....actually Cigna is considered a very good plan, its one of the better HMOs in NJ...but I guess it depends on what type of degree of coverage they provide you with....

I'm the same way with the OB-GYN....oh I can't find one I LIKE (as if we are supposed to have a relationship?) so i haven't been for 2 years....stupid, but true......I finally decided on one, now I just have to actually CALL.

ask others what doc. they use, that is usually a good referral from people who have the same type insurance.

good luck!
Old 03-21-2005, 08:30 PM   #17  
Indian Princess

Have your doctors check you for thyroid problems. Your thyroid has alot to do with your metabolism...good luck.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:49 AM   #18  
Feeling hopeless.

Default Update - Prevention Book & Suprasvelte Tablets

Update on that book, you can actually find it now thru Amazon & Walmart under $15, which of course, teed me off cause this happened after the fact and I paid $25. Oh well.

As for the Suprasvelte, didn't those darn buggers still mail it to me. My check has been cancelled, BBB has been notified by several ppl in the past few weeks, including myself. The can't cash my check yet they still sent it. Upon looking at the bottle here is what the side says:

SupraSvelte is a herbal supplement of thermogenic Garcinia Cambogia extract and Orthosphon, pleasantly sweetened with low calorie sweetener. Thermogenic agents stimulate the burning of fat to energy. Each drop is sweetening power.

Phenyketonurics: Contains Phenylalanine (18mg) per tablet.

Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 1 tablet
Servings per container: 80

Proprietary Blend 15 mg
Garcinia Cambogia Extract
Orthosiphon powder

Other Ingredients: Dextrose, Aspartame, Microystalline cellulose, Stearic acid, Sodium Starch Glycolate, Magnesium Sterate.

So yes it does have the lovely apsartame in it. I don't know what Phenylalanine is which isn't on the main side of the ingredients but instead on the side of the directions? Something in it does suppress appetite, though I'm not sure what. The few forum ppl I've spoken to all say the same thing, they fell the suppression, but no weight or at least dramatic weight as they claim has fallen off.

Last edited by ta_evans; 04-12-2005 at 10:57 AM. Reason: wasn't finished, accidentally hit the wrong button.
Old 04-18-2005, 11:07 PM   #19  

Default I'm trying SupraSvelte.

Hi I can tell you what the ingredients are in SupraSvelte Drops.
Proptietary Blend 15mg
Garcinia Cambogia Extract
Orthosiphon Powder
Other Ingredients: Dextrose, Aspartame, Microcrystalline cellulose, Stearic acid, Sodium Starch Glycolate, Magnesium Stearate.
It dosen't give me energy that I have noticed. I've lost 5 pounds & started 4 days ago. I still get hungry. it stimulates the burning of fat cells to energy. according to the bottle. I can let you know more in a week. The lady I ordered it from had not tried them either.
Old 04-18-2005, 11:21 PM   #20  
it's always something

Hi foxtrax, welcome to 3FC

Before you take too many, you might want to read my reply above in this post:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...21&postcount=9

It contains a diuretic, which explains the weight loss (water weight) and may not even be safe.

Good luck
Old 05-05-2005, 03:59 PM   #21  
valkera

hi, i am new to this forum..I ended up here looking for info on the suprasvelte...I got the mailer after I ordered an exercise item...so, anyway, local herbalist told me that the garcinia is effective in weight loss and sell a similar product with great results from their customers..their product comes from olympian labs...Now, I feel bad that so many people have been disappointed by the paris slimming inst..I called them yesterday and was told it takes at least 3 wks to get the product, and tho they hold your check for 30 days after you receive your bottle, they verify that the money is in your account before they ship...flag..the picture in the advertisement of a woman named Ninon Bernard is the same picture, same girl that is shown in a site for thermalean RX by BODeSTORE...bad advertising...and yes, I emailed them...
I have the fibromyalgia and fatigue and "ta evans", you may have this...go to a doctor...it makes weight loss harder for us...I appreciate mels input...encouraging...let me know if any of you have had success with a metabolism booster or an enzyme that breaks down fat. I am going to try the product from the herb store. I will let you know about the garcenia in time...I am just starting out and need to lose about 70 pounds...God help me.....and you guys too.....
Old 05-05-2005, 04:46 PM   #22  
it's always something

Herbalists, health food store clerks, etc, will tell you products like garcinia work, because they are trained to make sales. I know that sounds cynical, but in many cases, it's true. These are the worst places you can go for advice.

Here is our report on Garcinia, based on information JAMA (Journal of the American Medical Association) and Berkeley Wellness, University of California

Quote:
Garcinia, or Hydroxycitric Acid (HCA), is commonly sold as a weight loss supplement. It is available alone, but is usually sold in a combination pill that includes other supplements such as ephedra or chromium. It is often sold as CitriMax or CitraLean. It is claimed to reduce appetite, burn fat, or prevent the formation of fat.

Studies on animals suggested that HCA might affect the way the body burns carbohydrates and stores fat. However, no studies have shown similar effects on humans. An extensive study by JAMA concluded: Garcinia cambogia failed to produce significant weight loss and fat mass loss beyond that observed with placebo.

Is HCA safe? According to Berkeley Wellness: no one knows if HCA has any long-term adverse effects; some animal research found that it's toxic. It may be combined with other diet compounds, and the safety of such products�witch's brews of herbs and chemicals�is certainly questionable. The PDR for Nutritional Supplements states that pregnant or nursing mothers, and those with dementia syndromes such as Alzheimer's disease should avoid HCA. They also state that those with diabetes should be cautious with it.

Conclusion:
There is no evidence to show that HCA is beneficial for weight loss, and it can be harmful in some cases. It is better to wait and see what future research shows before taking it.
Any results would be the result of the placebo effect, or any other diet/exercise plan you are following. I personally would not risk my health taking this or similar products. They make it all sound so appealing, they know what we want to hear.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:39 PM   #23  
Uber-Moderator!!

So basically...just as I thought - there is nothing new here.

Garcinia is in a TON of faux diet pills...has been for years. If it's *so* darned effective, then why don't we see anyone getting any thinner from taking it?

I second Suzanne's statement regarding what health food stores/herbalists/etc will tell you.

And I would be very - VERY - leery about any anonymous company offering to 'hold your check for 30 days'. Because of nasty things like ID theft and fraud, I do not even use paper checks very often anymore (generally only to my manicurist, as she only accepts cash and checks, not plastic).

"Paris Slimming Institute"? "Olympian Labs"? All BS companies IMO.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:30 PM   #24  

Default glad I happened onto this site

I just received ad for the supra svelte and was going to order them and
found a site that it was fraud----mailbox drop

then after reading your responces I am glad I did not waste my money
Closed Thread