Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2004, 08:51 PM   #1  

Default Cardio Cruiser

Hello Everyone

Any hear of this or see the infomercial? It's Body By Jake and you sit in a chair and the legs and arms move kinda like an exercise bike that has to dual action. Let me know what you think or check it out at.........

CARDIOCRUISER.COM

Seeing the infomercial is better though.
Old 12-26-2004, 12:32 AM   #2  
Uber-Moderator!!

I haven't seen that infomercial as yet but just from looking at the website, it just looks a bit...well...cheap to my eyes.

Personally, I wouldn't buy ANY piece of exercise equipment without being able to see and try it out for myself FIRST - even if they're offering a 'free 30 day trial' - remember if you're unsatisfied with it, you most likely have to pay out of pocket to ship it back, which would probably cost a lot of money not to mention be a HUGE hassle...

I did check out the website and the video - honestly, it doesn't look like you'd really get all that much of a workout to me - certainly not anywhere near the level of an elliptical or step mill (which are two of the gym machines that the commercial and website compare the "Cardio Cruiser" to).

And I see that the video on the website uses the usual fitness models, implying that you'll get the same body as they have if you just use the Cardio Cruiser 3 times a week for 20 minutes. I don't think so...
Old 12-26-2004, 04:31 PM   #3  
Indian Princess

Mrs Jim, how did you lose your weight and keep it off? I see your posts on several levers here, but I don't recall your "story". Have a wonderful New Year. Thanks.
Old 12-29-2004, 06:10 AM   #4  

Smile Cardio Cruiser

I have the Cardio Cruiser and the Ab Scissoer- both from Body By Jake.
His equipment is NOT cheaply made. I like the customer service too.
True, if you decide that you do not like it, it probably would be a pain to send it back.

I personally like it. I get a great work out from it. I have had it for a month and have lost weight by using it 5 days per week in conjunction with the Ab Scissor.

If you have any other questions from someone who actually uses this piece of equiment, please ask.......... Happy New Year!!
Old 01-26-2005, 08:30 PM   #5  

I just got mine a week ago. Actually, got it for my husband who hates exercise and has a bad back. I couldn't help but give it a try. It's great! A lot better workout than I expected. It doesn't feel like you're doing much while you're on it, but after you're done...wow! Most surprisingly, is how much you feel it in the stomach. By the way you are positioned in the seat, you really have to use the lower abs. Really feel it in the inner thighs as well. I'm an experienced exerciser, and my husband is very out of shape and it works for both of us. Easy to adjust too and it makes no noise whatsoever. Only negatives for me are that there is no timer, etc. And it doesn't really fold down easily, but otherwise, it is much better than I expected.
Old 04-09-2005, 04:19 PM   #6  
jujenmom

I got it a week ago and I really like it. I like the recumbent position of it and, yes, you must work the abs. I am feeling it. I do it while I'm watching TV and I try to do it during "Roseanne" reruns on Oxygen since working out and laughing heartily at the same time make me feel like I'm burning more calories. The CC IS NOT cheaply made, and if it can exercise and hold my large body up, then I'm a satisfied customer. If I can't make it to the gym on a given day, I know my CC is at home waiting for me. At least I'm exercising in front of the TV and not lounging and eating bon-bons. That alone is worth it!
Old 04-22-2005, 09:52 PM   #7  

Hi I really like cardio cruiser and ab scissors too, and yes I find I get a great workout with both. Has anyon tried the "Rev Up the Results" 30 day plan that comes with it? It looks very interesting.
Closed Thread