Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 06:38 PM   #1  

Default apex lean

I met with a personal trainer at the gym over the weekend (I get 4 freebie sessions), and he set up a nutrition plan and exercise program for me. He was pushing the supplements a bit, and he said I wouldn't have full results unless I used the apex lean fat reducing something or other supplement.

Is this stuff a total scam, or does it actually work? I googled a bit, but didn't find much info on the subject.

Has anyone actually used this product?
Old 11-29-2004, 09:01 PM   #2  
Uber-Moderator!!

I've never used it, but I've seen PLENTY of ads and posters promoting it at my gym - do you by chance go to a 24 Hour Fitness? Since I hadn't seen it elsewhere (on the other hand, I haven't really been LOOKING for it) I assumed it was an exclusive 24 Hr. Fitness product - or at least their private labeling.

But my God - for trainers to say that you wouldn't have 'full results' without them...I'm sure the trainers make a nice commission if they sell you a bunch of supps. If you feel you NEED a supp (other than a multivitamin) then get the ingredients list and find a similar LESS EXPENSIVE product (generally done online).

Okay - I'm looking at the products on the website now. Apparently it's one of those 'programs' where you buy not just *one* supp but up to four. Kind of reminds me of buying a skin care regimen like, say, Clinique (which I used back when I was a teen) - you'd 'have' to get the soap AND the astringent/clarifying lotion AND the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Cream (I swear, this stuff totally gave me zits, but at least it didn't BURN my face off like Ten-O-Six...remember that stuff?? Oops...digression...back on topic...).

Of course, I'm SURE they could get all this stuff in one pill just fine but noooo they have to sell you THREE products! And they ain't cheap - although they are on sale quite often at my gym (however it's usually buy three get one free so you still have to spend a lot to save).

I can't say anything about the quality of the products since I've never tried them but I'm sure that, if you really feel these products will even help at all, I'd bet you could certainly get a better deal for the same thing...
Old 11-30-2004, 04:05 PM   #3  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

Height: 5'5"

is this the apex fat burner that costs $80? or somewhere around there? ive heard (okay it was from a trainer at the gym, but he wasn't trying to get me to buy it - i don't think) that it works really well. i don't think it's necessary to take it to get "full results" or whatever. the only advice i really took seriously from my trainer is to take a multivitamin.
Old 11-30-2004, 06:49 PM   #4  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

$80 OMG i only pay £30 for my Xenadrine for a months supply and they work. but again i know that i can get a very similar mix of chemicals from another manufacturer for about 20%less
Old 11-30-2004, 07:52 PM   #5  

They told me it was $20 a bottle, but I'm guessing that it was the 30 pill dose. And they suggest taking 3 pills a day. The trainer said that since I take a mulitvitamin, I'm already taking supplements, so I should take their stuff as well.

I do go to 24hr fitness. It's the one on Camden Avenue. I like the facility, but it's so loud.

Since I haven't done much exercise recently, I think the 4 days of cardio and weight lifting will be all I need to do to lose weight. Well, that, and actually eating healthy.
Old 11-30-2004, 08:02 PM   #6  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixiepup
The trainer said that since I take a mulitvitamin, I'm already taking supplements, so I should take their stuff as well.
an interesting sales pitch i take supplements ranging from stand alone vit c to multivitamins pluse thermos (occasionally) and protein shakes. but if someone said i should take there stuff aswell cos i'm already using things i'd laugh my head off
Old 11-30-2004, 08:17 PM   #7  

Yeah, he backed down when I told him I hate taking a multivitamin as it is, and there was no way I'd take 3 more horse pills a day. I also told him I wouldn't drink shakes because that's all I lived on when my wisdom teeth came out. I think he saw his commissions evaporating.
Closed Thread