Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 08:17 AM   #1  

Default Question about FitDay PC

Hi all,

I am thinking about downloading the FitDay PC software, but before I blow the $20, I have a question that I'm hoping someone out there can answer --

When you record your fitness activities fo the day, can you customize to include your heart rate? I find that on the online version, my calories burned counts are completely off and I'd like to make them more accurate. How does this work on the software version?

Thanks!
Veerie
Old 01-28-2005, 03:10 PM   #2  

Hello. I have this software at home. I don't think you can enter heart rate, but you can customize a workout. What I did was wear my heart rate monitor during regular workouts and then entered them as a custom workout in Fitday. IE: 60 minutes cardio kickboxing = 400 calories burned; or 30 minutes upper body weights = 150 calories, etc.

So even though you're not entering your heartrate, you get more accurate calories burned info.

Ginger
Old 01-29-2005, 10:07 AM   #3  

Great! That's exactly what I needed to know, thank you. Do you like the FitDay PC?

Veerie
Old 01-30-2005, 12:05 PM   #4  
Indian Princess

Smile FitDay PC

Hello,
I have the software and I like it. I can add my exercise tapes, etc to the activity portion. You can approx cals burned so that when you pull up the pop up window, it will add it to that line. Also I like that I can add my foods that I normally eat to the food section. I really like the program and it has online support too. Have a great day and good luck!
Old 02-02-2005, 10:01 AM   #5  
Pending Email Confirmation

I love my FitDay PC! Definitely worth the $20.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:32 PM   #6  

where did you purchase the software? Also, could someone recommend a heart rate monitor or how I should shop for one? I've been thinking about it for awhile but put it on the back burner awhile ago. Thanks guys.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:41 PM   #7  
it's always something

You can get it from their website at www.fitday.com I bought it last week, but haven't had a chance to play much yet. What I've seen so far looks good, though.

I don't have any advice about heart rate monitors. I have one that straps around my chest, but it isn't really comfortable so I don't wear it. I wish I had bought the wrist type. Maybe that will help, lol.
Old 02-15-2005, 11:22 PM   #8  
Uber-Moderator!!

On heart rate monitors - I own one myself (a Polar that I bought on eBay) but I haven't used it in EONS. Doesn't mean you shouldn't buy one, it just means I don't use mine.

I'd say - do some research on the 'net...there are lots of reviews at sites such as eopinions.com and perhaps Amazon.com - then go check 'em out in person.

Suzanne - I'm not up on the latest HRMs, but I think they all have the contact chest strap, otherwise they couldn't read your heart rate - but I could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time!)

Here's an article I just googled up...

http://www.ultracycling.com/training...acyclists.html
Old 02-15-2005, 11:54 PM   #9  

Location: On the road in our travel trailer! Ask me sometime!

I LOVE Fitday PC. I've been using it for almost a year now. It was well worth the $20. I love that I can do everything in it. Food log, exercise log, mood log, journal... It's all great. I especially like that it summarizes how you are doing. I am trying to get a more balanced diet with less than 25% fat and it's nice to be able to summarize and see. Also love that you can do a reports to see how you are doing on everything. It's great, I reccommend it to everyone!

Wanda
Old 02-16-2005, 02:01 PM   #10  

After reading the great reviews, I just had to download this myself.
Old 02-16-2005, 04:01 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

I've been looking for a good pc diet and fitness tracking software for some time now. About 3 weeks ago I went to Target and they had womens fitness and it only cost me a dollar and it works great! I also got some workout videos for $1 each too they are a bit out dated but its a workout none the less, just thought I would share
Closed Thread