What Scale Do You Use?

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • I used to have 2 homes so, I bought a 2nd scale at Target for $19.99 and it is accurate. I've tested it against my other scale which is a Tanita purchased for around $50-60. Tanita is a good brand of scales. I noticed there is a bath scale at Target online which will weigh 500 lbs or more.
  • The $19.99 bath scale from Target is a Taylor. Here's part of a link
    Taylor-Electronic-Scale/-/A-11580480
  • Digital scale from walmart. Weighed today at the gym without shoes and came right home...same exact weight. So, I concider this reliable! Health-O-Meter brand.
  • i got a dial scale from ikea, and i'd say it's rather accurate. i put 6 lb on the scale and it gave me 6 lb. it's also consistent, so i use that.
  • I just bought a second one (a Salter digital) because my usual one (a Tanita digital) was acting out a bit. The old one is working fine now and though they both show different numbers (within 2lbs of each other) they both trend in the same direction at the same time, as in if I gain on one I gain on the other and the same with losing.

I weigh in officially once a week at my local pharmacy because it gives me a printout of my weight and I stick those in my diary. The weight I get there is smack in the middle of the two scales I have at home so I guess they're all broadly accurate
  • I have a scale but I can barely see the little black notches to determine the weight, so I guess I should buy a digital scale.
  • I have a Taylor scale that I purchased online for $15 years ago. (5 years ago maybe)
    Everyone in the family uses it and it's pretty consistent. You can not move or even take a deep breath when you're on it, b/c it shows up as error right away.
    I'm looking for a different one and that's why I clicked on this thread
  • EatSmart Precision scale I got from Amazon for $30. I read tons of scale reviews and it was highly rated. You don't have to tap it on first you just get on it. It is very close to the scale at my Weight Watchers meetings. Extremely accurate and nice looking (glass).
  • I believe I either have the same scale as you or one very similar. I find that you must take your socks off, as well as have it in the same spot each time you weigh. Ever since doing this, my numbers have been very accurate.
  • I use the wii fit, it's all I have but I find it to be with in a pound of doctors scales
  • I have the EatSmart precision scale also. Just bought it so I'm not sure how accurate it is. It is supposedly a very good scale.
  • I have a WW Scale and I learned that the best thing for me is to weigh in the morning when I wake up on the same day each week. So far the numbers are going down so I am happy.
  • Quote: I have a digital scale from Wal-Mart it's called a health o meter. I find I like weighing myself frequently ....few times. week..... I like the accountability.
    I just purchased the health-o-meter from Walmart. I stepped on and off the scale 3 times and I got the exact same reading EVERY time (200.8). I love this scale!
  • I got a scale at my local store and it is great for measuring weight loss .
  • I have a digital salter scale which I've had for a year now and seems to be really consistent and I'm really pleased with it. It has carpet feet too which also work perfectly and when I use those get the same readings on carpet as on hard floors without them. It doesn't do anything fancy like measure body fat but they are SO unreliable and inaccurate I really would not recommend paying extra to buy one with it or paying any attention to one you have that does show it. They're just so inaccurate.