Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 09-26-2011, 10:36 PM   #16  

I bought some of the cinnamon/chromium pills someone mentioned here at WalMart today. Always up for an experiment for anything that might help. Thanks for the posts.
grabec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:45 AM   #17  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Default I ordered some

I just ordered some Ceylon spice from Amazon, will try it and hope and pray that it helps. Thanks for all the post and information. Have a blessed day. Tammy
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 08:38 PM   #18  
Long-term maintainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonlady1978 View Post
Cinnamon definitely helps regulate blood sugar levels, which can help you lose weight and keep the cravings rollercoaster in check. [snip] I have no idea at what smaller dosages benefits can be seen, but I do know that the amount I take in capsule form-there's just no way I could eat that much as a condiment.
What she said.

I take two capsules a day, one about an hour before lunch, and another before leaving work to "tide me over" until my next meal. I have found them to be brilliant for evening out my blood sugar levels, reducing hunger and keeping cravings at bay.

Before I started taking a cinnamon capsule before leaving work, I would be a ravening beast by the time I got home - too tired and hungry to do my evening workout (no doubt due to low blood sugar).

Cinnamon capsules have made a world of difference for me.

Cue the dancing carrot!

Just adding that chromium piccolinate is supposed to be good for stabilising blood sugar levels. When I started taking it, I lost a pound within days.

Last edited by RedPanda; 10-01-2011 at 08:49 PM.
RedPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:21 AM   #19  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello all. Got the Ceylon Cinnamon in and took it for a week and am down 1.9 pounds this morning. BUT I have been watching my portion sizes. My blood sugar levels have been great this past week. I take 1 teaspoon a day. I usually have it in my oatmeal for breakfast and in my afternoon yougurt. Have a blessed day.
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:23 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 290/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8

Make sure if you take it as a supplement you get Ceylon Cinammon. If you take excess amounts of Cassia Cinnoman you can do liver or kidney damage. Normal amounts that you eat on a daily basis are not a problem - its just supplementing with large doses can be dangerous.

As for as ceylon cinnamon - my understanding is that what it really helps with is blood sugar. That said, out of control blood sugar levels make it hard to lose weight. So this is a great supplement for someone who is pre-diabetic or insulin resistant. Anyone who is obese should consider taking it.
mandypandy2246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:21 PM   #21  
Long-term maintainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandypandy2246 View Post
Make sure if you take it as a supplement you get Ceylon Cinammon. If you take excess amounts of Cassia Cinnoman you can do liver or kidney damage. Normal amounts that you eat on a daily basis are not a problem - its just supplementing with large doses can be dangerous.
Taking any kind of supplement in large doses is never a good idea. The recommended dose for my cinnamon capsules is 1-3 a day.

Last edited by RedPanda; 11-05-2011 at 10:22 PM.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:18 PM   #22  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

I take cinnamon. I definitely notice a difference when I forget to take it for a few days. Totally cuts the sugar cravings out for me.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:58 PM   #23  
Long-term maintainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarantha View Post
I do think cinnamon helps in regulating blood sugar but I just add it to food. I'd be leery of what it might do in capsule form.

I remember back in elementary school that (long long long ago lol) there was a huge fad for some reason for the kids to carry little bottles of cinnamon extract that they sucked from toothpicks. It was sold in stores. Lol, why ask why kids do things. Once a boy was taken to the nurse because he turned red and his mouth got swollen from doing that. That is all I remember about it, but it makes me believe that cinnamon is a strong spice and so I just sprinkle it on things, just my personal wee thingie.
Not wanting to get argumentative here, but I guess the cinnamon extract you're referring to was an essential oil, and hence a very concentrated form of cinnamon. The boy's mouth probably turned red due to local inflammation.

Cinnamon capsules are just gelatin capsules of powdered cinnamon. I just took one apart to check - each one holds slightly less than 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon. They are just a convenient way to take cinnamon.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:48 PM   #24  
Empress/Queen

Smile

No worries, RedPanda, yes, it was a concentrated essential oil.

I just meant that is why I personally am leery of cinnamon except in food.

I'm removing my post so there is no confusion.

Have a good week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
Not wanting to get argumentative here, but I guess the cinnamon extract you're referring to was an essential oil, and hence a very concentrated form of cinnamon. The boy's mouth probably turned red due to local inflammation.

Cinnamon capsules are just gelatin capsules of powdered cinnamon. I just took one apart to check - each one holds slightly less than 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon. They are just a convenient way to take cinnamon.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 12:44 PM   #25  

Seems like there are more pros than cons posted here.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote