Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 05-18-2009, 10:43 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 217/179.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Yeah, my hubby won't work out with me but my daughter will. I already bought the little kit at Gamestop that has a resistance band and leg holster thingy for the nunchuck like what comes with the game.

If I didn't have to work tomorrow I'd be at Walmart at midnight to get the game! I am so excited!
melwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:08 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 227/225/147

Height: 5'7"

Only a few more hours!! You all will have to let me know how you like it as well!! I can't wait to start on it I love getting new games especially ones that motovate me in to excersise since I hate excersise!!! lol
Vivify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:46 PM   #63  
~Cupcake

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/130

Height: 5'3''

If you like games that are good for you at the same time try Dance Dance Revolution. I really love it and its similar to step aerobics :3
I have 5 versions of it for the ps2
Plexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:27 PM   #64  
video game junkie

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hit up Game Crazy yesterday, traded in some old games and put EA Sports Active on reserve. Cant wait to pick it up tomorrow.
Lissus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:31 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 208/178/120

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissus View Post
Hit up Game Crazy yesterday, traded in some old games and put EA Sports Active on reserve. Cant wait to pick it up tomorrow.
how many games did you have to trade in? i might look into this. i want this game badly but won't have the funds til friday...
labellaleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:57 PM   #66  

Don't know about game crazy but Game Stop has the same program if you go to their website they have a list of acceptable games. You trade in 3 of the games on the list and you get EA Active instead.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:40 PM   #67  
video game junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by labellaleah View Post
how many games did you have to trade in? i might look into this. i want this game badly but won't have the funds til friday...
Hard to tell, because we traded a bunch in to put the new Tiger Woods on reserve to. I went the other day because Game Crazy was doing an additional 30% trade in values for MVP members. I ended up getting $32 for Animal Crossing and $23 for Mario/Sonic Olympics along. Toss in some little games like Endless Ocean and Bowling Pinbusters and that covered the Sports Active. (we also put the Tiger woods '10 on reserve)

Well I just went and picked it up. Going to go check it out now.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:04 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 180/169/145

Height: 5'5

I thought I'd mention that if you don't have the money to spend on My Fitness Coach [or you don't have a Wii] & you have a Playstation or Xbox, you can also get Yourself!Fitness. It's pretty much the exact same game, with minor differences. Most reviews I've read have even said Yourself!Fitness is for the most part better than My Fitness Coach. It has more features, the one thing My Fitness Coach has over it is the ability to "earn more gold" & "buy more items". You can get it on Amazon for $12-$20. I've seen them it on ebay for $5 as well. Just thought I'd mention that!
vertigoskyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:56 PM   #69  
video game junkie

Well, I just finished my first workout on the EA Active.

Here's my first review

First.. the "extra" equipment that comes with it.
The band feels pretty flimsy, but the handles are removable, so I may use my own exercise bands with it.
The strap that holds the nunchuk seems like a pretty ingenious idea, but with all the moving around (especially the running) I had the stupid thing fall down my leg probably 5-6 times during the work out, finally ended up ripping the thing off and holding the 'chuck in my hand to finish my laps.
When I tightened it enough to keep it in place I almost felt like I was cutting off circulation a bit. Just not very comfortable. I'll have to play around with it a bit and see if maybe I just didn't have it in the right spot.

Now, onto the good stuff.

I did like the workout. It's definitely not as much fun as the WiiFit. There's no cutesy little voice "ohhhh"ing at you, or fun little games that I've found. This is pretty cut and dried try to repilcatate a personal trainer in your house approach.

I like the menu's. Lot's of options for setting your own goals, programming your own personal workouts (for solo or with a partner), changing music styles, and adding additional exercise (including housework).

A few of the exercises didn't seem to mimic my movements as well as others, but as it was my first time trying it I'm not going to blame it entirely on the software until I've given it a few go's.

My favorite again... the boxing. I'm debating between My Fitnesss Coach and the Gold's Gym for my next purchase. I may have to rent them both first though. I'd like more boxing, but also more yoga since I didn't see anything of that variety in the menus for EA sports active.

Oh well, that's a decision for a different day. I'm off to the showers
Old 05-19-2009, 08:06 PM   #70  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I read some online reviews of EA sports and I'm going to wait until winter for it. I've been doing a lot of outdoor exercise lately and I enjoy that a lot. I also have my weight lifting program to follow.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:28 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 227/225/147

Height: 5'7"

Lissus,

Thanks for the mini review! I am picking up the game on friday cause I don't get paid until then! I can not wait to give er a go!! I am totally excited! I will so let you know how I make out with it! Have you tried the 2 player mode yet?
Vivify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:35 PM   #72  

So, I just finished my first workout with EA Active! I really liked it, it's the first one in a while that really made me sweat!

I had to play around with the band a bit to get it comfortable but once I got it in the right place it was good!

I thought it was a great workout and can't wait to "play" some more tomorrow. Got a late start today so didn't really have time for anything except the programmed workout.

Off to bed, have a good one everybody!
Old 05-20-2009, 03:19 AM   #73  
video game junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivify View Post
Lissus,

Thanks for the mini review! I am picking up the game on friday cause I don't get paid until then! I can not wait to give er a go!! I am totally excited! I will so let you know how I make out with it! Have you tried the 2 player mode yet?
I haven't tried two player yet. We just got the WiiFit about a week or so ago and I've been mainly the one "playing" on it, but my other two roommates are starting to get interested too.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:09 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 208/178/120

Height: 5'0

thanks for the info about trading in games. i might wait it out til friday and get it. i think my son would hurt me if i traded some of our games in.

thanks for the reviews, too. i can't wait to try it out.
labellaleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:35 PM   #75  
video game junkie

Quick update to my review.

Had no problem with the leg band yesterday.. call it user error. I guess I didn't have it high enough on my thigh during the first workout.