Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 03-27-2009, 10:33 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 217/179.6/140

Height: 5'4"

I have the fit and love it, but I only do it approx every 3rd day, I add my treadmill and home gym one day and My Fitness Coach in between the two. I haven't tried the Jillian Michaels game because of the bad reviews but I have pre-ordered the Gold's gym and will let you know my thoughts after it arrives and I've tried it out.

My Fitness Coach is excellent, it really works you and in many different areas and the "routine" is different each time.....I really really like this one.

I still like my Wii Fit but find myself doing the boxing and stepping more than anything else. I use the balance games for approx "10 mins" and then do 30 mins of boxing and stepping.

The Wii Sports Boxing is an excellent workout if you do that for 30 - 40 mins. it is a really good workout and it's fun, pretend it's your boss or whoever has ticked you off that day while you workout

Last edited by melwolfe; 03-29-2009 at 11:25 AM.
melwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:59 AM   #17  

We got a wii ski game. It's really fun with the balance board. It's not the best workout, but I like that it doesn't start and stop so much. That gets on my nerves with wii fit.
wendyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 12:33 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 254/249/135

Height: 5'4

Does it actually help with weightloss/inches or is it more of a get you moving kind of thing? Just curious, I just bought my son a wii and I was looking into buying the wii fit brd but I'm still undecided
Sweetums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 01:18 PM   #19  

Both IMO. I mean the first month I was working out I used the Wii Fit exclusively to get started. The stepping, jogging, boxing and hula hoop are great. I don't do the yoga and strength so much now because I use my actual weight machine/home gym for strength training and just not into the Yoga.

If you have trouble finding the Wii Fit look into My Fitness Coach for Wii it's sort of an interactive workout DVD for Wii. You can start out at just 15 mins. per workout but it really gets you moving.

There are several more games coming out for Wii Fit soon also, Golds Gym in a few days and sometime in May is EA Active Sports both of these look really good so far.

You can also do the boxing in the Wii Sports that comes with the console and that's a pretty good workout all by itself.

Old 03-27-2009, 01:29 PM   #20  
Takin it 1 day at a time

S/C/G: 200/165/130

Height: 5' 6"

I bought the wii for the fitness games. Right now I only have the wii fit - and I love it. The balance games are fun - keeps the kids entertained. I have been using the strength training and yoga portion - very cool. My arms and abs are really feeling it. I like how it doesn't unlock everything all at once - you have to earn games and levels. I also like the suggested workout for each option you choose. I try to follow its suggestions.

As for the aerobics - running in place pretty much sucks. Try a mini trampoline, or do as I do - strap the remote to your ankle and ride a stationary bike - I also have a little floor stepper - I think changing things up makes it easier to stay motivated.

I have put a fitness wish list email out to all my family - they do say they never know what to get me.

I am hoping for the dance dance revolution and Golds Gym games next (finger crossed: )

Last edited by debbies; 03-27-2009 at 01:30 PM.
debbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 01:52 PM   #21  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Quote:
Originally Posted by melwolfe View Post
You can also do the boxing in the Wii Sports that comes with the console and that's a pretty good workout all by itself.

Boy I'll say! I started beating the living daylights out of one of those guys. Then a bell rang and someone yelled "FIGHT"! My knuckles were dragging the ground before round 1 began! LOL!

I didn't tell boobalah that it did that. He came in huffin and puffin. We both sat down and had a good laugh over that.

Have you done the rhythmic boxing?
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 01:56 PM   #22  
Takin it 1 day at a time

^^ I feel so uncoordinated with the boxing. When I play with the training section - I can't seem to hit the trainers gloves - all I ever do it hit him in the face and then I lose. What gives? Do you have any hints?
Old 03-27-2009, 02:08 PM   #23  

Oh, I suck at the training boxing thingy. I beat the snot out of the trainer instead of hitting the gloves.

I really like the rhythmic boxing and I had my hubby build me a riser for the board so that when I'm doing the stepping or the rhythmic boxing it's a little more of a workout. The riser makes it the same height as a regular step. They sell something that does the same thing but it's like $50 and this was the cost of a 2 x 4 and 30 mins of my hubby's time.

I did the yoga and strength a lot in the beginning but as my endurance built up I started using my weight machine more for that.

I do like the balance games but can't seem to get past the advanced stage of the bubble game those stupid bees get me right before the finish!!!

Old 03-27-2009, 02:18 PM   #24  
Takin it 1 day at a time

Freakin bees - lol - I know what you mean. I can't get past the last one. I make it right to the edge - and buzzzzzz - pop!

Me and my son have had a battle going on in the balance games. He keeps me motivated to stay in first. We were obsessed with the ski jump - I was first for the longest time with a score of 362m - now he has 391m and I can't even come close. At least I am still first in the skiing.

A riser for the board is a great idea. I was gonna do that too - for the stepping game.

Last edited by debbies; 03-27-2009 at 02:19 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:39 PM   #25  

I'll try to find the link to the site with the directions and post it tomorrow. It was pretty easy. The only thing is you also want to buy two cheap handles or knobs for the ends. I have broken 3 nails trying to pick the thing up when I'm through playing. My honey is going to add handles once we get around to Home Depot or Lowes to buy them...........Even with the handles it's much cheaper than the riser they sell online.

The riser really does make it a little more challenging.

Last edited by melwolfe; 03-29-2009 at 11:26 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:00 PM   #26  

I have Jillian Michael's game and am not real impressed...I can't wait for the Gold's gym...I might even try Fitness coach. Wii Fit is really fun and even though my husband makes fun of me calling it a workout, it's better than sitting around watching tv...
julier70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 06:23 AM   #27  

I got the Gold's Gym game, it's pretty much all boxing, but I think it's pretty good. I think the more you advance the tougher it'll be.

I like it pretty well so far. I definitely feel it in my thighs and arms the next day. Toys R Us has/had it on sale for 19.99, not sure when that price ends, but it's cheapest I've found it so far.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:27 AM   #28  

Height: 5ft6

I love my wii fit! Its a visual representation of the progress I make and it keeps me motivated!
MrsM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:18 AM   #29  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by melwolfe View Post
I got the Gold's Gym game, it's pretty much all boxing, but I think it's pretty good. I think the more you advance the tougher it'll be.

I like it pretty well so far. I definitely feel it in my thighs and arms the next day. Toys R Us has/had it on sale for 19.99, not sure when that price ends, but it's cheapest I've found it so far.
I love boxing!! I'm going to have to read the reviews on amazon.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:47 PM   #30  
Aiming to be a better me

S/C/G: 310/310/130

Height: 5'6.5

The golds gym is ok if you want to box. The only real great thing about it is it says on average u can lose up to like 200 calories in 6 min (depenging on the workout) but otherwise Personal trainer is the way to go. Its fantastic

BUT!!! If you want to try both I suggest going to best buy and picking them up. There is a sale this week only. You can get both games (Gold Gym and PErsonal Trainer) for 40 dollars without tax. Thats howcome I purchased them. Its worth it. Trust me.

Take care
shatteredfallendove is offline   Reply With Quote