Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 02-28-2008, 03:11 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default Anyone tried the "Pink Patch"?

I clicked on an interesting link off Yahoo's site today for the "pink patch". It is supposed to be some revolutionary new patch that you stick on your skin, specifically for women, and it curbs your appetite. I know it is probably just wishful thinking...but has anyone tried it? Does it work/help?
michelinwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 05:06 PM   #2  
Changing for me!

S/C/G: 171/171/125

i have no idea about the pink patch but i just wanted to tell you i love your signature it made me smile
Happy Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 08:02 PM   #3  
Jonatán j'te aime

S/C/G: 210/206/150

Height: 62"

I am so scared of any and all patches!

One of my best friend's son died a few months back during the holidays because he had a minor back surgery and instead of giving him pain killers, the doctors gave him some pain patches. Well, just before the holidays, he was having extra pain and he put an extra patch before going to sleep.

He never woke up the extra pain patch was too much and his heart gave out.

Patches for me, only on my clothes, but never on my skin

Just my 5 cents worth
mariquita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 08:29 PM   #4  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Mariquita - I'm sorry to hear this - what a sad reminder of why prescription meds should only be taken as directed.

As for this patch, none of the ingredients in it have been proven to be able to cross the skin barrier. Skin isn't just some big sieve things can go in and out of. Generally, things come OUT of your skin via pores, but things going IN is pretty difficult. Otherwise, everything you got on your skin, from dirt to germs to lotion, would get in, and you'd gain weight from the fat in the lotion and be sick all the time from the germs in your bloodstream.

Medication patches work because the molecules of whatever the drug is are manufactured to be very small, small enough to pass transdermally. Most herbal molecules are not small enough to pass transdermally, and the pink patch supposedly has all natural/herbal ingredients.

Even if the ingredients did pass transdermally, there is nothing in their "proprietary blend" of ingredients proven to help you lose weight. And they don't tell you how much of each ingredient they use, either, so even if they WERE effective for weight loss, you might not be getting enough to make a difference.

As with most products of this kind, there are no clinical trials to back up the claims...only testimonials with no other information. The placebo effect is also very strong with "appetite control" supplements...you believe you'll eat less, so you do, even if nothing is causing it, so you'd really need a double-blind controlled study to have any kind of idea whether this worked, and those have not been conducted.

The patch might work if you stick it over your mouth. Otherwise, I'd save your money.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 10:48 PM   #5  
Heather

S/C/G: 230/215/160

Height: 5' 2"

Hi michelinwoman,

I LOVE the idea of something that would curb/stop my hunger! I do think that it sounds too good to be true.

Love your sign-off

chunkomommy
(Heather)
chunkomommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:26 PM   #6  

mariquita: so sorry to hear about your friend's son. That's terrible.

I may try the patch over the mouth advice...that was pretty good! I have been on a pop-tart kick today....just can't stop! Good ole TOM is on his way next week and always makes me crave sweets!

I knew it was too good to be true, but I thought I'd try to double ck just in case Wishful thinking!

Happy Penguin: I'm glad my fat rolls made you happy today . I gain every extra lb on my sides and get "rolls" even with just a few extra pounds...it is really annoying. Kind of makes you think of the michelinman sometimes (especially in a swimsuit!!!)
Old 03-06-2008, 09:56 AM   #7  

Default I tried it

I tried it last month. I got that free trial (hey, it's free, my kind of price! LOL) adn was surprised that it worked. It took a few days but then I woke up and wasn't interested in food. Like, I just felt like I had just finished eating. Anyway, I did lose weight with its help. About 3 pounds with the free 7 days worth, so I've ordered more. I had to of course sstick to my diet, but this just kind of helped me focus and not obsess. And I'm the queen of obsessing. You knwo when all you think about is your next meal? That's the part of this whole weight loss process I hate so much!Does anyone know if that goes away eventually?

Mavis
happeningal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 10:26 AM   #8  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Michelin has made Bibendum (that's his real name, BTW) a lot thinner over the past few years -- he's starting to look quite 'buff' in some of the more recent commercials. Maybe he's been getting more exercise since he got that cute little puppy.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 02:11 PM   #9  

happeningal....I have kept my weight off...give or take a couple lbs here and there....but I still obsess. I would like to lose the rest of it, but I think I will always obsess about food. I never used to think about it when I was really thin, because it just didn't matter what I ate...I never gained. Now, I have a horrible relationship with food. I am either thinking about everything I put in my mouth, or enjoying it for a short period of time and then have to feel remorseful for having a food I loved. It just isn't fair and I think I will always have resentment and obsessive thoughts. Just keeping it honest...it is an ongoing battle.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:14 PM   #10  

meowee: I didn't know his real name...thanks. Maybe his "buffness" is just a reflexion of our society. Who wants to buy tires with a "fat" mascot? Of course, we all know there is a double standard for fat men vs. fat women huh?
Old 04-02-2008, 09:45 PM   #11  

Height: 5'4"

I decided to reserrect this thread, lol :P
I recieved a free sample of this pink patch and I'm kind of scared to take it after reading this thread. What do you guys think I should do? Should I try it?
poppyseedbeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 03:33 PM   #12  

poppyseedbeagle: idk...I'm kind of leaning toward it just being wishful thinking now.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:12 PM   #13  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

OKay, I wish I had seen this before posting my own thread about it, lol.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote