Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 02:39 AM   #1  
Reclaiming Me

S/C/G: 198/193/130

Height: 5'5"

Question Third World Diet?

When I belonged to a gym a few years ago, I enrolled into a program called the third world diet. It involved going vegan and then slowly reintroducing other foods.

I lost really well on it. It was only a 6 or 8 week program, that I can remember. It was supposed to kick-start metabolism.

Anyway, I didn't keep any of the literature on how to follow the program. Has anyone heard of it?
Old 02-01-2008, 06:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Sounds interesting, and I'd guess it's pretty healthful (as long as you made sure to get adequate protein too). Did you already try googling it?
Old 02-01-2008, 09:24 AM   #3  
Reclaiming Me

I have, repeatedly, over the past couple of years... I even tried calling the gym and asking about it. No Luck. Probably because I had let my membership expire.

I do remember that protein was stressed.... lots of black beans, soy milk, etc. to get the protein in while on the vegan part. that part only lasted a week or two, I think. There was something about certain foods were a non-no and certain ones you could have as much as you want... I wish I kept the stuff. grr. lol
Old 02-01-2008, 09:36 AM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Something you may be interested is "Eat to Live". It is a vegan diet but has modifications for certain animal products. I've been following it, more or less for the past 4 months and I really enjoy it.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:15 AM   #5  
_________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma77 View Post
Third World Diet...
Dude, when I saw this I thought it was some new program where you move to Africa and live among the poor and starving in order to lose weight.

I'm guessing you will definitely lose weight this way
Old 02-13-2008, 11:38 AM   #6  
Reclaiming Me

I actually figured it out... for some reason the guy at the Gym called it the third world diet, but it seems to almost exactly match the fat smash dieat, from what I have read so far.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:46 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockrz View Post
Dude, when I saw this I thought it was some new program where you move to Africa and live among the poor and starving in order to lose weight.

I'm guessing you will definitely lose weight this way

I thought the same thing!
Old 02-21-2008, 02:26 PM   #8  
_________

Not only will you lose weight, you'll save a bunch of money too so it's like a double diet!
Old 02-21-2008, 03:37 PM   #9  

Yeah really! that is a really bad choice for naming a new diet plan. So, it's a
vegan diet? I tried that and I just can't stick with it for very long. I miss meat and dairy too much to cut them out completely. I could more so see myself going ovo-lacto but not vegan.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:53 PM   #10  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

Calling it "Third World Diet" incredibly offensive. People who live in third-world countries are hardly vegan. Their starving because rich countries like ours have trade agreements, propell the small arms black markets and prolong wars that their economies wouldn't normally sustain, and because we're too busy wasting money on fast food, technology, and warfare.

Then again, there are plenty of people living in third world conditions in North America too.

I really think you should be dubious of this diet if its called that.

Regarding Veganism,protein and iron can be more difficult to maintain. I have a great vegan cookbook called 'Vegan Planet' that explores all that, what to stock your cupboards with, etc. It's not a weight loss book, it's a sustainable living book A place to start.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:01 PM   #11  
Observer of Phenomena

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by souvenirdarling View Post
Calling it "Third World Diet" incredibly offensive.
Yeah, I have to agree with you there, no offense to the OP. What a truly awful and insensitive choice.
Old 02-21-2008, 05:27 PM   #12  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Unfortunately,

I will be closing this thread. There is no "third world diet" as the initial poster of the thread found. It is also not useful to turn this into a political discussion and we try to avoid political discussions here at 3FC.
Closed Thread