Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 02-08-2008, 05:29 PM   #1  
Rop tú mo baile

S/C/G: 180/151/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Nutrisystem?

has anyone tried this? i see commercials for it often, and wonder what their secret is-- i figure it's probably just small portions and regulated food. This, however, doesn't explain why it is nearly 300$ for one month. i suppose it's just the idea that you can only eat what they give you that makes you lose weight so they are going to capitalize on that.
hepmelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 06:19 PM   #2  
it's always something

Hi We have a lot of members here on Nutrisystem. It's just prepackaged, portion controlled food. Nutrisystem is probably the cheapest of diet meal delivery programs. Some cost 3 times that But they vary greatly in quality. I tried NS and hated it, and felt the food was very poor quality. However, a lot of people like it and find it helps them lose.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 06:28 PM   #3  

Height: 5ft 4in

I have been doing my own Nutrisytem type thing. I have 2 eggs with 2 pieced of whole wheat toast and a bit of butter for breakfast. Then for lunch I have a Lean Cuisine or SmartOnes meal with added veggies and the same for dinner. If I need something between meals I have some raw veggies or fruit. If I need something sweet I have a 100 cal. pack of cookies. This has really worked for me and depending on where you buy them they range from $2 - $4 per meal. This becomes way cheaper and I have a bit more control and variety.
adaem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 06:47 PM   #4  
*~Sara~*

S/C/G: 155/146/127

Height: 5'7"

i did NS this month..it worked great, i lost 10 lbs in 3 1/2 weeks! i went off for 3 days and gained 5 back (even though i ate healthy stuff)...some argue that concept, that it wasn't real weightloss..just water weight bla bla bla. being i only need to lose about 20 pound total 10 pounds could not be water weight for me! my body did the same thing when i did atkins...so i'm going to be smart and not continue with it just to gain it all back when i eat real food again
RoseTears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:14 PM   #5  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

It works for me. You don't just eat the NS foods, you have to add in your own fruits/veggies and dairy/protein.
Some foods are good, some aren't. They just reformulated a lot of their foods (mostly for the better). It's really a matter of taste, and I think your taste buds get used to it as well. NS formulates their foods to be low to moderate GI - which will end up keeping your fuller for longer. It teaches you portion control and what balanced meals are.
I have been changing over to every other day eating my own foods, based on the NS guidelines (kind of like the Zone).
The $300 may seem expensive - but you get food, and a meal plan to follow, free access to nutritionists, dieticians and counselors. So it's up to you whether or not you get your money's worth. And if the program isn't for you - there isn't anything wrong with that either!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:31 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 34% b.f./31.1%/25%

Height: 5'7"

I tried it a couple of years ago. I need real food. I wouldn't stick with it because I felt the food was definitely low quality. You could do the same with frozen meals and have the same or better quality. Just my opinion.
sharonrr1 is offline   Reply With Quote