Hi there. I am licensed and Nationally certified. I am a firm believer in massage for optimal health. Massage therapy is a very customizable treatment. I have a few ladies that are regular clients that are "body concious". While massage will not make you lose weight, it will however..
1. Give sense of well being=feel better=move more=burn calories
2. Release toxins which make muscles tight, stiff, sore, inflamed
3. Lymphatic drainage,which is a specialized massage, pushes out more toxins than a regular swedish massage. It does what it says, drains lymph glands and nodes and increase lymphatic flow.
4. Promotes water intake (you need to take in 40-60 oz. after a massage)
5. Is a great reward, treat for losing that 3 pounds this week
6. Smooths out cellulite, another specialized massage, which makes you feel and look skinnier and healthier
I am sure I could go on and on and on, but my hands are tired, (I done quite a few massages today myself
So give it a shot, trust me, its worth it! Feel free to ask me any specific questions you may have!