Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2001, 07:03 AM   #31  

Default hello!!!!!!

I am sitting at mynew computer desk-WHICH I PUT TOGETHER MYSELF-only 4 hours and I ache today which is reasonable for that job. My sinuses are still bad but I'm going to the chiro this morning.Happy-I'm so glad you are feeling better.And I love those links-so don't quit. You do so much work for everone.Hey Ally-try something like metamusil to replace fiber-but check the brand for the sugar.Complex carbs lower the cravings. I yelled at myself yesterday and did my points. Walking and lunch with my aunt today but we are not going too far.Have a great day everone. Superwoman Mima As you can figure out the delivery came yesterday.
Old 07-20-2001, 10:13 AM   #32  

Default Good Morning

Good Morning Girls-
Happy Canuk ,You sound like such a pleasant person to have around. You should be my neighbor. It has been years since I have had a cup of coffee with a neighbor. They are all too busy or have thier own set of friends. This is why I enjoy thus site so much. You are right about the olive oil. It is the only oil I use.
Ally ,You can use olive oil for all your cooking. I made some sguid sauce yesterday and was going to leave out the oil because of the fat content but my hubby said "you have to put in a little so it will taste good" The recipee called for 3/4 cup,I used 1/4. I think I was over my points but I just didn't take the time to calculate. I cook Greek now and then and you know that is not WW.
I lost 2 lbs of the wt. I gained over my goal Weight. I have 3 lbs.to get to my 2 lbs allowence over goal. In other words I have to get under 150. I want to get to 140. I used to be 212.
Mima Good for you putting your table together. Goes to show we can do a lot of things the men think we can't. My hubby is from the "old school". He thinks women are supposed to not be capable. That is untill he needs help and I supply it. He would never in this lifetime admit that it was anyones ideas but his. HA. He will never learn!
You all have a Great Day......Joanne
Old 07-20-2001, 07:12 PM   #33  

Good for you Joanne. What size are you now that you are close to your goal weight?
I can't believe that my goal weight is what I weighed when I went to WW years ago after I had twins. 150. I think my body wanted that at the time although I started at 130.
Now it seems to be reaching for .......180. And mostly in my stomach and arms.
So, i lost two pounds and while that was nice, it is not like the old days where I would really buckle down, starve a few days and lose 5-10lbs by the weekend when I needed to fit into a pair of jeans.
I still need to find that healthy eating plan. Today some guru was on the radio expounding protein and pretty much saying that you need to get carbs right out of your diet.
How can that be? But I WILL tell you that I am in carb withdrawal. Even those veggies and fruit I have been eating for fiber are carbs....and to take those away and replace with protein has sent my stomach crazy.
Mima...glad you got your table.
Meme and Happy and all....have a nice weekend.
It is hot, hot, hot here.
Does sunshine effect anyone? I have migraines......
Old 07-20-2001, 08:32 PM   #34  

Default Hey

Hey Ally and all you good people
I am a size 12-14 occording to what I am wearing. I like comfortable clothes so I usually wear a larger size. I can't tolerate too tight clothes. They make me nervouse. It is really hot here in the summer so loose clothes are better. I think that WW has the healthest eating plan. I tried all the other ways over a 30+ yr span of trying to lose wt. They didn't work. Your body needs a well balanced diet. High protien will work for a while if you don't get sick from it. Not too good for your colesterol. We need some carbs and fats and fiber.
I hope everyone has a great weekend. See you tomorrow. Bye...Joanne
Old 07-21-2001, 06:12 AM   #35  

Default Good Morning!

Another adventure!My 5 day old tv wasn't working right and they said to bring it back.There are some things I cannot even try and carrying a 27 inch tv. is one of them. My son Bob-the one who gave me a hard time as a teenager-came over-put it in my car-followed me to the store where I got another one-and brought my new one home.Now I have to figure out the connections because I told him to put the cable in the wall-not through the box and that doesn't get all my channels.I CAN DO THAT!!!!!! I really think the WW diet is the best because of the variety of foods you eat. Do you think some of the carb cravings are related to sugar withdrawal? That sends me in to a depression. Temporarily.I have put a little sugar back in my I can feel myself getting the cravings.I eat less carbs now but I have cereal for breakfast-complex carbs-i slice of bread at lunch-a granola bar-and rice or potato for dinner.I don't think that is a lot of carbs.I walked 90 minutes with my aunt yesterday.I only lose a lb. a week when I'm good but that's ok. I am 62 so it takes longer.Remember the turtle and the hare. There is nothing that tastes as good as feeling thin feels. Have a great day everyone.I hope you are having fun,Happy.Mima
Old 07-21-2001, 10:39 AM   #36  

Hi Mima and joanne.
Yeah, I like loose clothes and at 150 I can wear the size 14 I have chosen as my goal weight.
I did pack up the 12s in my closet. I may not see them again.
But this carb stuff IS different for us fibro people.
I did eat so nice and healthy the last few months. No cookies, cakes, candy or white sugar at all and I hit the good carbs big time. Lots of fresh veggies and more fruit than I have ever eaten in my life.
I would eat 3 meals and 2 snacks. I found that I needed that snack and that may have been that carbo reactive hypoglycemia.
Now that I do carb, protein and fat together, I don't get those gnawing hunger pangs an hour later.
But I am having carbo withdrawal. I just don;t feel good.
But it IS 90 degrees.
Old 07-22-2001, 03:24 AM   #37  

Default I'm still here!

For two days...fatigue! Arrgh........
But today I did get on the Treadmill...but I have to make sure I don't hold on with my bad arm cause it is really hurting again. It is so bad it is keeping me form cleaning and gardening.(sleeping too!) Just light work with one hand is all I can do! Did get Dh some good meals this week and the laundry all done too.

I eat only olive oil and try to get the rest in my foods, I love fish and salmon and Tuna and all are so good for you! My son did research on oils and told me not to eat anything but
olive oil So that is what I do. I just got my blood work back and my cholesterol is down to 165 from 205 so I must be doing something right. My HDL is usually high too. Just a tsp is like 1 point so I don't go overboard with adding extra to my eating plan. Dh is taking flaxseed and olive oil his mother gave him to help his highblood pressure(hasn't worked) and he takes a tsp of both a day at least and has gained weight! You have to remember a calorie is a calorie and cutting back on your total calories is the only way to lose weight or increase exercise to burn more! There is no easy way gals! Just try to eat healthier over all.

Happy I like the info you post..then I don't have to go searching for it! Hope you are feeling better.

Ally and Joanne I can't stand tight clothes either, so everything is baggy on me but I'm comfy and that's all I care about!

Meme, Love the big butt picture looks like my MIL!

Hi Mima, I say all things in moderaton and then you don't feel deprived of anything! WW is a great program you just have to follow it and stick with it for life! It is a weigh of life they say!

Another one of my kittiesBy the weigh I am down another 1.5 new total is 48.5!

Last edited by Candicej; 07-22-2001 at 03:35 AM.
Old 07-22-2001, 07:38 AM   #38  

Default Hello

Hey-Candice-congrats on your weight loss-I am the head dork-the tv I brought back may not have been defective-My neighbor told me the cable had gone out!!!!THEY told me to bring it back so I did.I am suffering the usual pretrip anxiety.Tomorrow at 11 I'll be going to muggy,hot,rainy Ft. Myers.Much different from Feb. and March. But my family will be there so that's all that counts. And I'm bringing my step-grandaughter on her first airplane ride. She is so excited. I never flew til I was 50-too scared. Now I fly everywhere. My sister-in-law and I are planning a trip to Italy next year.Been prett good with the points-walked last night for insurance-Candice-I get it about your arm-fibro just shows up everwhere. Check to see if your holding it tensely. That's half of my problem-My hips stopped hurting when I relaxed my legs. Well-have a great day everyone!!!!Mima
Old 07-22-2001, 11:01 AM   #39  

Congratulations Candice!!!

So, how long in total did that take you? And how many clothes sizes have you lost? Did you have to buy all new clothese????

Yes, it looks like there is a consensus....olive oil.
And yesterday I have fried chicken wings and wine.

Oh well, gotta break lose or I will get bored.
Old 07-23-2001, 04:12 AM   #40  

Default started last June

and I bought some clothes in the spring and then at my mom's in June of this year and they are too big now! But I wear them anyway cause I like stuff comfy and loose. Chicken wings..Ouch!

Mima..I have had a problem with this elbow since last spring when I had my first injection in it. Holding on the treadmill with it vibrations agravates it the doc told me

My stomach is acting up again and so is my computer!

Meme..what do you do to make your computer run smoother.I defragmented but it is not helping much. Should I clear disk space???? It says I still have about 3/4 of it left.. Help me please! It is taking for ever to do anything, makes a noise like the computer is thinking for a long time! It used to say cache clean up all the time and now it does not ..could that be the problem?

Hi Anne and Joanne
Old 07-23-2001, 06:51 AM   #41  

Default Hello

Sorry about your arm Candice-its so weird-you can have a pain for so long and then it goes away and goes somewhere else-I have been good for a while-except when I over do.No pain in my ribs right now?Hmmmm????? My grandaughter is here and we are leaving this am. She is 13 but only her grandmother appreciates her 13 year old behavior, This will give her a break-her mother has started drinking again-it remains to be seen what will happen. She lost custody of her kids before and I had Jessica for a while-Well-I am attached to her-I had a hard childhood but my grandparents were so good to me. At least she is 13 and not 6. When she came to my house when she was 6-she couldn't get enough to eat .But she knows how to cook now. Enough of that-she is a smart girl.I'm taking my laptop with me so I can stay in touch.It's going to be in the 90's today so I think it's cooler in FL.I'll wave when I fly over Tarpon Springs.Have a great day everyone!!!Mima
Old 07-23-2001, 08:18 PM   #42  

Mima....I used to work in foster care and wanted to take every kid home. Only when my kids hit the teen years, I had a hard time taking care of other kids problems and then come home to my own. I took a different job....stress reduced greatly. But I applaud you for being there. Foster care is not a great thing. Family is better.

Candice.... I like loose things too. I suspect that if I lost 20-30 pounds I would still wear some of the same things.
96 degrees here in NY.... Yuck.
Old 07-24-2001, 05:19 AM   #43  

Default I never get rid of my big clothes

Cause the ones I wear al the time are so comfy it would be hard to repalce them if I should gain again and with the Fibro and all the meds a gain is possible!

My tummy hurts still! Kept me up all night too! I'm not sure if it is acid reflux or gas this time..no burning just bloating and pain above my belly button! Makes it hard to eat when it causes more pain!

Mima...have fun

Hi Joanne, Meme and Anne

Begonias under the Blue Spruce!
Old 07-24-2001, 07:19 AM   #44  

Default Good Morning

We're here-almost got 1,000 in airline miles by giving up our seats but they didn't need them. Since my flight was already free-I guess that was ok.Condo is good-I stay near here in the winter -the weather is going to improve today. This area had 15 inches of rain since Sat. but the sun is out right now. I ate 3 pieces of pizza yesterday-I need to be good today. Bad food at the airport and we went to an Italian place last night. I need to walk this morning. My grandaughter had a great first plane ride-no fear. Gotta buy some fruit today. Have a great day everyone. Mima
Old 07-24-2001, 01:46 PM   #45  

Default Hello

Hello-
Welcome to Florida Mima-- Hope you enjoy your stay.
Candice ,I gave away 2 garbage bags of clothes. I kept them 2 years and then my sister took them to her Tops meeting. I had made most of them and I always said I rather make new ones than take out and remake over. They were all nice material. I kept my tee shirts and jeans. I just cut the jeans off and wear them to walk in. Cooler and comfy.
How are you Happy Canuk and Memetoo?
Hello Ally. ....Bye for now ...Joanne
Closed Thread