Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2001, 05:10 PM   #46  

Default Hello

Hope you are all having a great day (you to Meme even if you are in great pain). The weather here is so hot - up in the 90's. I know most of you are used to that, but it rarely happens here. We broke a hundred year record yesterday, so now you have an idea of how often this phenomena occurs

Now the good news is that I have lost 4 pounds so far this week. That must be a BIG plus for me. However, no cause to celebrate, as they are the same 4 pounds I have lost so often. Now if I can just not get that exhausted feeling and if I don't have to take meds for pain, I will be ok. That last time, I started taking tylenol 3 and the codeine does a number on my stomach. I just have to keep eating or else it just plain hurts. Kind of the same as when I take anti-inflammatories.

Was to the Chiro the other day, and am feeling lots better again. The treatment held for almost 2 1/2 weeks, so that is really good for me. The arthritis pain has kicked up it's heels a bit, but the FM pain is way down, and I am still sleeping so well (Candice, how long does Elavil stay in your system - I was only taking 10mg once a day and have had not one effect from stopping cold turkey). I feeeeeel gooood.

Mima, does your son live far from you. That is nice that you can go visit. I also lived in a condo, and want so bad to get back to one. We listed our house, and then the market slowed down, so I will have to be patient. I loved living in the condo, and hardly ever heard any noise at all.

Ally - Tootie changed her e-mail address and she sent me a message to let me know that, but I haven't heard from her since. I have tried to send her messages, but they keep coming back, saying something silly. So Phyllis, if you ARE reading this, please send me a message and let us know you are ok.

Joanne - What is the story on the nuts? I don't see anything, except you hid them. Do you eat to many once you get started or what? I love nuts and eat about 15 of them daily(unsalted and mixed).

To bad about the cateracts. They have to be 'ripe' before they can do anything about them, don't they. I don't know much about them at all, but I know several people that have them.

Candice - your flowers are beautiful. What a lovely garden. It is so nice to share actual photos, but I will never have any, because when I remember to TAKE my camera, I leave it in the car, and forget to take it with me. That is no way to get a picture let me tell you. So, I must rely on graphics.
Old 07-11-2001, 08:49 PM   #47  

Default Hello

Hello Everybody-
Happy Canuk - The story on the nuts is that I don't stop at 1or2 or even 15. I grab a handful and eat and then like a adict head for another handful. They were in the kitchen and every evening when I started dinner there they were waiting for me. So It is up to my husband to police the nuts. I put them in his office.They were his nuts anyhow. I got rid of everything else there was to snack on. I weigh in tomorrow and like you said I will not get excited till I get below goal and then some.
Mima- Those shots in the hand really do hurt. Hope it helps you though. Hello Candice- Meme Too- Ally
We are going with our son to Sarasota tomorrow after WW to see a couple Banks he designed. He is a Design Architect. He designs banks in the daytime and homes on the side at night and weekends. My daughter is a teacher . And get this she doesn't weigh a hundred lbs and never has a wt problem She watches her wt and works out every day. I wish I had her willpower.
Bye for now... Joanne
Old 07-11-2001, 09:27 PM   #48  

Hmmm...tell your hubby to just keep his nuts out of your kitchen!!!
Old 07-11-2001, 09:59 PM   #49  

Joanne....In searching for a healthy eating plan rather than focusing on diet I have found that nuts are very very good for you. And I have a tendency to do what you do....so I changed to raw nuts with no salt. I don't eat as many that way.

Tonight I went to dinner with my sister-in-law. Ordered salmon and got mostly veggies at the salad bar. But after the salad I thought I was gonna die...gas pains and bloating. This has happened everytime I eat at this restaurant. Wonder if there are preservatives in the things in the salad bar. I hads to go to the bathroom mid dinner and prayed no one else was in there (or I would never be able to go back)

Tootie...if you're reading I miss your insights. Was it Mima with the neighbors? Just be glad I and my twins are not over your head. I LOVE peace and quiet so much.
Old 07-12-2001, 07:34 AM   #50  

Default It's a brand new day!

Wow-is it beautiful out!!!!Storms moved through yesterday but they were gone in time to walk with my aunt-we walked for almost an hour and a half. But we had lunch in the middle-hope that walk cancelled the tapioca pudding. Luckily, I can't eat nuts because of diverticulosis but I love peanut butter-make a rice cake sandwich for lunch when I'm in a hurry.
Massage today! What a week for appointments. I spent $200 to get myself in shape. Yes, I'm the one with the people over my head but ever since I sent a note about the stereo and vacuuming after 8pm. it's been much quieter and they are going on vacation tomorrow. It's waonderful in Fl.-the condos are side by side. Happy-with me it was the same 2lbs. but congratulations are in store. Have a great day everyone!!!!Mima
Old 07-12-2001, 07:51 PM   #51  

Default Hello

Hello Everybody-- Well the nuts caught up with me . Although I did everything right this week I still gained 1/2 lb. With the nuts and a few cheezetts (I should have thrown out) I got really disappointed on the scale. The leader also said I should increase my pts. 1-2 pts as I walk 3-4 miles everyday. We ate out in Sarasota and that is not going to help unless I am real careful the rest of the week. I got a lecture from my daughter on going to a proper rest. instead of a greasey KFC. Tomorrow is a new day. I will be good this week.
We went to a house and two banks my son designed. What a house !! What nice people!1 What am I going to do with the 2 boxes of Belgium Chocolate she gave me?? They own a fractory in Belgium.
Hello Happy Canuk
Ally - Some rest. put MSG( I think it is) on veggie to keep them fresh. I ate some salad at KFC today and had cramps before I was out the door today and barely made it to the Bathroom. For a long time I only ate salads at home. I will have to be more carefull now that it is summertime.
Bye all..Joanne
Old 07-13-2001, 07:04 AM   #52  

Default Good morning!

I wanted to start a new thread but wasn't sure how to.So maybe the next person will.I went to get a massage yesterday-she showed me that my feet were not relaxed at all and that causes pain in other places-probably knees. And she showed me some simple movements to help them relax. She teaches feldenkraus-anyone hear of that? It's about incorrect posture being responsible for some pain. Anyhow-I'm going to Tai Chi at the senior center this morning-that should be relaxing.I'll stop now because my typing fingers hurt from too much needlework.Have a great day. Mima
Old 07-13-2001, 09:15 AM   #53  

Starting a new thread. There is a message from Mima above this one.
Closed Thread