Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 08-15-2009, 10:50 AM   #1  
liker of giants.

S/C/G: 235/189.8/140

Height: 5' 3"

Default Health Issues and Weight Loss Anxiety

Hello Everyone.

I went to the doctor initially for abdominal pain and my white blood count came back low last week. I just got blood drawn to test for autoimmune stuff, but have yet to be diagnosed. Yesterday I found some small painful lumps in my neck, right around the same spot I had a thyroglossal cyst in high school.

In April I cut out sugar and flour. I started 2009 at 212 and weighed in at 181.3 on Friday. This is with minimal exercise.

I also started OA at the same time, so I know my eating and thinking about food has changed in other ways too.

On one hand I am happy about the weight loss, but on the other hand it is hard for me not to panic that maybe I am not losing weight because of dietary changes, but because of illness.

Could it be that now that I am a lot smaller, my top weight was 235, I feel better and my increased everyday movement- parking further from the store, not laying around all day...is making the weight come off faster than before with less effort?

I didn't think I would freak out so much about losing weight.

Has anyone else experienced panic and anxiety about their loss?

Last edited by Mama K; 08-15-2009 at 10:51 AM.
Mama K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:45 PM   #2  
liker of giants.

Old 08-16-2009, 11:35 AM   #3  
liker of giants.

I just feel really confused and stressed out. I know that I am losing weight because I have made huge changes in my eating and I am more active, but the physical changes make me feel like I am deteriorating. It's confusing.

I hope all my tests come back negative so I can just see the weight loss as the good thing it is, and not as a symptom of illness.

Just talking to myself, thinking this might be a good place to get a hug or something.

Sorry.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:39 AM   #4  

Maybe the lump has been there for quite some time and you are just now discovering it because of the weight loss.It is not unusual to have swollen lymph nodes in this area.I am betting its benign.Hang in there.HUGS woman!!!!
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote