Old 02-06-2010, 06:52 PM   #1  
Woman on mission!

Height: 5'9

Default I am VERY upset!

This Afternoon,I took a Shower,got dressed and began feeling "funky".Checked my BS,and it was elevated.I called the Hospital and asked which Doctor is on call this Weekend.My Doctor is..when he called,I apologized for disturbing.He was EXTREMELY RUDE and made me feel stupid!He upset me so much,I cried!I MUST find another Doctor,but he/she must be willing to Prescribe Xanax and refer me to an Endocrinologist..

If my Physician only knew how cool,calm,collected and composed I've tried being since learning I have Diabetes,he wouldn't talk down to me.He is supposed to help me NOT treat me like I'm a Dog!
Butter_Butt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:25 PM   #2  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

oh butter, what are your choices where you are? I hope you have some options for another doctor. My husband recently found a new doc in our area. Its hard to find someone you like sometimes, but you must have someone you can respect and who treats you with the respect you deserve.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:39 PM   #3  
Never ending story

S/C/G: 213/160/150

Height: 5'7.5"

I'm sure he was so rude because EVERYONE knows HIS time is much more valuable than YOUR time...

Sorry to hear it. He's a professional and needs to be held accountable for his lack of professionalism. Keep in mind that it had nothing to do with you--he may have been having a bad day, so don't take it personally. But do get out your insurance list of doctors and your get on the phone and start calling and asking for referrals. You may ask your other doctor, (ob/gyn perhaps?) for a referral, and talk to people you know and ask them how happy they are with their doctors. Find someone you like who respects you and doesn't make you feel like an idiot while you are figuring this all out.
LouisaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 10:52 PM   #4  
Woman on mission!

Fatmad,
Limited choices.We have more OB/GYN's than Family Medicine or Internists.I have NEVER been treated so poorly by a Doctor.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:59 PM   #5  
Woman on mission!

LouisaH,
My time is just as valuable as his.I 100% realize he is overworked,exhausted and might be having a bad Day,but these are not excuses to cop attitude with a Patient whose trying to remain calm with a Disease that damages major Organs!I'm considering writing a Letter and telling him that he made me feel like a stupid idiot and that's a place not to go with me.If I don't stand up for myself no one else will.I would give ANYTHING if my previous Physician still worked in his Practice (Works Emergency now).I wouldn't mind Driving 1-1-1/2 hours to see him every 3 Month's or PRN!
Old 04-10-2010, 11:42 AM   #6  

I hope you find someone. I love my endocrinologist and use him for everything. He does my blood pressure meds and diabetes meds. I only see my general for a flu shot once a year. My endocrinologist is supportive and up on the latest research which is so important when dealing with a progressive disease like diabetes.
Diana
DianaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 04:09 PM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

butter butt hasn't been online since the end of February. I hope she comes back soon. For now, I'll close this thread.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote