Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-24-2006, 10:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Wednesday Chat - May 24

good morning gang
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 10:46 AM   #2  
Angela

S/C/G: 275/260/150?

Hi everyone. I feel MUCH better today. TOM came yesterday and I ended up leaving the office early to go home, eat pudding and sleep. So productive, I know!! I have a whole new, fresh attitude this morning. I'm feeling much better. This depression cr@p is enough to deal with, PMS on top of that is just a booger!

Hope everyone is doing well!
CJsPrincess816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 11:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Hey there y'all

Hey y’all…
I quickly read thru the Monday and Tuesday threads trying to catch up…

Leenie – Your dog Susie is toooooo cute! Is she an inside dog? how's work? hey 2 questions - when do y'all get to start using the new pool and did you get a chance to start on that new 3fc book? if so, how do you like it?

Renee – goodness it is nice to meet ya! You sound like an awesome lady! I love Praise Teams – they hold a special place in my heart! Do y’all do a lot of Praise Music – another thing near and dear to my heart! hehe Can I ask what size church y’all are in? My dh and I teach/lead the 12th grade Sunday School classes. He has the guys and I have the girls. We usually have 10 to 15 active members each so they keep us real busy – along with our own guys that are now almost 18 and 22 and all their friends. BTW – Lola is absolutely beautiful!

PurplePansy – you have a daughter turning 17 on May 26? I have a son turning 18 on May 25 – cool. sounds like you must have a very rewarding and yet very stressful job working at a clinic with all sorts of emergencies – hugs girlie

Amanda – did you get that cleaning done yet? Don’t ya love how it gets messed up 5 minutes after you get it clean? I love a clean house!!!! But I sure haven’t had one in awhile – bec I’m too dang busy Were you able to hold on to your sanity yesterday? Or did you lose it? hope all is well!

Angela – so glad you are feeling better today!!!! What are you taking in nutrition wise in a days time? Just curious – I don’t know all that much about the lapband recovery. Did you ever get to veg and watch some tv yesterday?

Jess – CONGRATS on the 2 more pounds loss! How did you like American Idol last night? I love TAYLOR HICKS – he is my kind of guy! Of course, I really liked Chris Daugherty too – I figured they would be the final two so you see what I know ;-)

Liz – r u working today? How long are you girls out of school? School is out until mid August down here. Ok… I’m trying to figure out how you got a 14 year old to weed the front garden. Does she love/like doing that sort of thing OR are you just a real “persuasive” mom? hehe

Hey Heather – we’ve been missing you around here. How in the world do you keep up with 2 little ones after your surgery? Did you get the permanent markers off your dining room walls??? YIKES If so – I want to know how you got it off? Are you walls WHITE?

Marciet – all I know to do is send you a hug girlie! Hope things get better!

Kierie Kierie Kierie – where have you been girlie??? It’s so good to see ya! So glad this is a new chapter for you and that things are looking up and the future brighter! Hugs!!!!

Buddly – it sounds like you are working HARD! Hope it all goes smoothly!

Joanne – I just said a little prayer for you! Wow girlie you have a lot going on! Try to take some deep deep breathes and hang on tight. I’m so glad you have a helpful and supportive church family. Will y’all be going to the same church once y’all move houses? Hugs girlie!

Hey Lady – I’m glad a change of scenery helped and that you are feeling better! What ya up to today?

Cin – Tip – April – and the rest of our gang – whasssssssuppppp?

Ok well this took me about 30 minutes to get together – I really gotta run just wanted to try to catch up quickly haha

Hope everyone has a BLESSED DAY!
Later gaters,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 02:31 PM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

Good morning
Just a quickie hello to all!
Hoping to get something done in the house today. At least I got my errands done yesterday and the back of my van emptied. I think everyone around here used the weekend to clean up, if the traffic at the dump was any indication!

Hope everyone is feeling better today.

Take care,
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 02:41 PM   #5  

Hello everyone!
Thanks Cathy for your warm welcome. My church is small but I like to call it intimate We do almost all P&W music with the exception of one hymn per service.

Just got home from work. Hot and tired. Got warm all of a sudden around here. Turned up the A/C!

Have a great day all.

Renee
reneed70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 03:35 PM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Girlies

CJ, you ain't kidding TOM suckaroonies... hang in there

Cathy, Susie is an indoor doggy, she's such a sweetie, never chews, poops, or destroys anything in the house. I have not had a chance to read the book yet but I think this weekend I'm gonna sit outside and while dd plays I'm gonna read. Nope no pooling yet... prob in a few weeks. The water is about 68 degrees now and thats way to cold. July for sure we'll be swimming.

Buddly, *guilty* of cleaning on the weekend... can't find the time during the week with work and family. Hope your day is wonderful

Renee, where do you live (state?). Our church is a little methodist one and the music is OLD!!! right from the books with an organ... put ya to sleep old LOL. We're getting a new minister in July so maybe, just maybe things will pep up... I pray it will.

Well kiddo's gotta run, almost time to hit the road and pick up dd for her swim lessons.

Have a wonderful evening
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 03:56 PM   #7  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hi Ladies.

I'm chillin' at home Can't go anywhere since I have PINK Eye. Yippeeeeeeee. lol.

Hub had to go to the in-laws for a bit so I have time alone for once. lol. Although it would be better under different circumstances. lollllllllll. But you take what you can get, right?

Take Care Ladies and Enjoy the rest of your day!

*Flady*
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 04:09 PM   #8  

Wow I've only been mia for a month and there's soo much I've missed!

I'll have to catch up.

Leenie, I don't plan on switching medication...because Wellbutrin still curbs my sugar cravings. I'm afraid to take the risk of switching >.<

I did my WTP 4 mile walk just a few minutes ago and now I'm eating my JC pizza.

I'm going to take these supplements:

• L-Carnitine capsules
  • Phaseolamin (White Kidney bean capsule)
  • and if I find some, 7-Keto

I've read that they've done some clinical studies on these for helping with losing weight. I've tried the L-carnitine and Phaseolamin in the last two years with great success (or it could just be the placebo effect *shrugs) but I also saw some articles saying 7-Keto can help with boosting thebody's natural T-3 levels and thus speeding up the ol' metabolism.
It could be a scam...
But they're all natural, and affordable so I figure I'd have nothing to lose.

I was THIS close to taking anabolic steroids...but that was in my severe drunken tear-filled nights...which I haven't had since yesterday!
Peanut_butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 04:22 PM   #9  

Hey everybody!
Two days off in a row......don't know what to do with myself.
Cathy my 14 year old weeded......cause I said so pretty much.......she knows that it takes a family to make a household run....and I was busy doing other things.........believe me it is an ongoing decision each and everyday to keep the communication open between us.
PNB glad to see you on the daily!
Flady....pink eye......no rubbing! Hang in there
Leens have fun at swimming.....I am sure you will enjoy your pool this summer
Renee what kind of work do you do? Did you say? Lucky you.....AC....our hot season is short but AC would be nice.
Buddly you are working hard........how are things in BC, man I wish I lived there.....love it.
Hi Angela.......hope you are feeling better today.
Hi to everyone else..........
I am about to make meatballs for supper and go surprise my 14 year old by finishing cleaning her room for her, she has been working away at it for a while and I can tell it is a bit overwhelming and bringing her down.
Back to work tomorrow.........nights out friday and Saturday and about to work a 6 day stretch........

Hugs everyone!

L
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 10:27 PM   #10  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Hey Everyone!

What a crazy day! I have not caught up on sleep....I'm now surviving on like 7 hours in the last 48 hours! Can't be good! Cleaning has been put on hold, I figured it was a good idea after I put the phone in the fridge today...oops! I'm so out of it!

Today hubby and I had another appointment with the dietician, and we're doing better with his diet, although mine has been lacking. My energy level is stupidly low...Haha! I need some decent sleep!!!! I wasn't in a great mood all day, overtired, and just blah...
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 07:59 AM   #11  

Leenie-
I am from Ohio. I love our intimate little church. I adore P&W music so I hope your new pastor incorporates some. Our church has a lot of younger families who really appreciate that type of music.

Renee
reneed70 is offline   Reply With Quote