Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-13-2006, 07:23 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Mothers Day Weekend Chat - May 13th and 14th

Good Morning,

Boy am I tired, I stood.......YES stood for 5 hours last night at that concert. I didn't know it was standing room only and that the Marshall Tucker band wouldn't come out until 4 hours later OY VEY!!!! Does that count as exercise? if the answer is no, my legs and feet will differ with you LOL

I'm just going to do what I can today as far as cleaning because I am so tired. I got home at 2:30 am, went to bed at 3 am and got up today at 6 am..... I'm draggin I tell yah. LOL. My peepers feel like sand bags.

Tomorrow is running to MIL's and my Mom's and thats about it. Thank God I have my laundry almost done LOL.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!

Watcha all doing today?

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 09:25 AM   #2  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Wow Leenie! Sounds like you had quite the day yesterday! I hear ya on lack of sleep though....I got maybe 3 hours...if that!

Yesterday hubby, who is a diabetic, and I went to see the dietican. They got his blood work back, and the news really scared me. Apparently his kidney's aren't working properly, which can be a dangerous complication of diabetes, his blood pressure is through the roof, and it's my job to change his diet...even though he works at a fast food place, and eats that all the time... I'm pretty overwhelmed by it all. So he has to cut back on Protien, and eat more carbs, and I'm supposed to eat less carbs and more protien, so I'm not sure how this will work... I was awake all night long trying to wrap my brain around it all. I don't have a clue where to start!

Tomorrow, not doing too much I don't think. It's been a busy week already. We'll see.

Happy Mothers Day to All of you Moms out there!
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 09:37 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi Amanda,

Woweee girl, gee that sucks !! Well, I guess if I were you, I'd kinda cook and eat around DH, meaning if he needs healthy carbs than cook that but add some protein (chicken, steak) in for you. You'll both benefit from good carbs. I think once you get the hang of it your gonna see that it might not be as hard as you think. What sort of diet plan did the doc say he should follow, like a sugar busters type?.

Why do you feel its your job to watch what He eats? He's a grown man and just like you taking responsibility for your eating, he has to too. How does he feel about changing his diet? Where he works, do they make salads? I would imagine thats the only thing at a fast food place he could eat being he can't have to much protein. Sorry for the heavy load on your shoulders hang in there.

Hugs !!!!
Old 05-13-2006, 09:50 AM   #4  
Dream Big

S/C/G: 233.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Mornin' Leenie, Mornin' Amanda. Not much planned for this weekend. I'm cleaning the house up and I have to go grocery shopping. DH is working today and tomorrow so it's just me and the kids. Nothin' special planned for Mother's Day. SOSDD basically.

Leenie- I'm sorry to hear you're so tired honey. But was the concert worth it? Did you have a good time? The housework will still be there, get some rest before you drop, lol.

Amanda- So sorry to haer about DH. I know that has to be rough. I don't know what to tell you about meals. Maybe you could up your protein with the protein shakes and then cook hubby friendly meals when he eats at home. But I agree with Leenie, as usual ,DH is a grown man and has to take responsibility for his own eating. You can't do it for him. Hang in there honey. It'll get easier after awhile.

Well all I'm off to feed the youngins. TTYL
timmyshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 10:24 AM   #5  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Thanks Leenie and Heather!

DH has NEVER in his life taken care of his own health, or his diabetes at all. He's eaten what he wants, and you can't change his mind, believe me I've tried! My grandma, my mom, his mom, all make me feel guilty if his blood sugar levels are high (both my grandfather and my Dad have diabetes as well, but aren't on insulin based like Brian) thinking I did something wrong, like I'm a bad wife for feeding him all that sugar...and I hate feeling like that! Even though I know it really isn't anything to do with me. It's really been frustrating, and honestly I don't know why he even bothers going to see the dietician because he never puts into practice what he's told...even though it could improve his way of life! Is life not that important to him or what??? I just don't understand! You're right, it is his decision...I can't do it for him...but I'll help...it's his choice ultimately!
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 11:59 AM   #6  

Hi everyone!

I am dragging today as well but lets just say it is self induced.

Amanda ask your doctor about a support/teaching group. I think that for the most part when one person in the family is diabetic it affects the whole family. Eating together is a good way to go. Hopefully your husband starts packing a healthy lunch and eating that instead of fast food. Diabetics can have serious side effects if it is not kept under control. All the best to you both.

Morning Leens and Heather and Amanda and all to come.Lying low today.

L
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 08:13 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning and HAPPY MOTHERS DAY !!

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

I'm going to buy myself this mirror... you can get them at Walmart...check it out.
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h9...atWal-Mart.jpg

I am off today to visit the "moms" and then back home to clean the fish tank (yeah I know lol) and get ready for the week ahead.

I'm hoping we can find a garden center open that has tomatoes b/c my mom keeps hounding me for some LOL.

Other than that..... nodda
Old 05-14-2006, 11:59 AM   #8  

Ha Ha Leens!

Hugs!

L
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 12:25 PM   #9  

Height: 5'6"

heehee!! Thanks for the chuckle leenie!

Happy Mothers day all!

Have a great day,
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 02:56 PM   #10  
Dream Big

S/C/G: 233.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Very cute Leenie! I like that one!

Happy Mother's Day to All!

Not much here. DH is at work and I have laundry and cleaning and cooking to do. Ya know SOSDD. It's just another day around here. I hope everyone else has something wonderful and fun to do. Have a great day ya'll.
timmyshawn is offline   Reply With Quote