Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-04-2006, 10:16 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Tuesday Daily Log April 4

Good Morning Gang

How is everyone doing today?

Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 10:31 AM   #2  
Dream Big

S/C/G: 233.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Hi Cathy! How are you this morning?

GM Ladies! I hope everyone is having a good day. I went to the gym and did about 5 laps in the pool for a warm up, then went out to do my cardio. I got about 2-3 min into the treadmill and the nursery attendant came and got me because my son (2 yo) threw up so I had to bring him home. DH said that he's leaving work at about 4:30 so I can go back when he gets home. My son has been fine since I got home, so I don't know what's up with that. Maybe he just ate too much at breakfast and when he got to running around and playing his belly got upset. I hope that's all it is. I've had enough sick in the last month to do me for the next year. Last month alone DD (10) had to have an emergency appendectomy, then me DH DD(4) and DS (2) got the stomach flu, then DD (4) got an ear infection. Oh yeah and DD (10) broke her finger at school. I am so tired of doctors and hospitals and follow ups. Anyway enough whining. WHERE IS EVERYONE?????? I'm starting to feel so alone . I'll check back later ladies.
timmyshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 11:24 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hehehe, I was here earlier and forgot to post.. duh.

Hi Goils ttyl
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 12:42 PM   #4  

Hi there everyone! Sorry about being AWOL...been kind of busy lately. What with looking at flooring and paint samples, my head is twirling!

Today I have a handsome young man here again, doing woodworking. (I know...I know, Leens, I'll behave !) He is a friend of my DD's and is very meticulous in his work.

I think that I've lost some weight because my pants are loose. I'd weigh myself, but I haven't the slightest idea where my scale is. What with remodeling, we packed stuff away and I can't find anything now!

I haven't been dieting exactly, just cutting portions and not snacking at night in front of the TV!

See ya later!
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 07:48 PM   #5  

Hey Heather - hope your little boy is better by now! congrats on getting in your workout - even if it was interrupted.

Leenie - hey hey hey

Hey Tippy - that's awesome that you can tell you are losing weight!!! what flooring did you pick? describe it for us?

Hey Gang - I need some help - some suggestions. I have not had a refrigerator at work for 2 weeks now. Doesn't look like my boss will be getting one anytime soon (or he could go out tomorrow and get one). The microwave is also gone right now. Any suggestions or ideas of things I can bring to eat for lunch that don't have to be refrigerated or cooked in the microwave??? I count calories so anything within reason would be ok but I'm just out of ideas. I could buy a salad everyday but that gets expensive and takes a good while to eat. I cannot eat a burger everyday for lunch - I will gain weight like crazy. I don't eat out all that much really.

Soooooooooooo I'm just looking for some things that I can bring for lunch that can stay out until lunchtime and doesn't need warming in the microwave. Any ideas?

thanks,
Cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 04-04-2006 at 07:57 PM.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:50 PM   #6  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

Hey Cathy,

I take salad and put the dressing separate. I add the dressing right before eating. I don't know how hot your office is, but my salad is fine for a few hours out of the fridge and in a plastic container. I take chopped up cheese (cheddar is my fav)... or dry cottage cheese (sounds gross but it really is tasty)... left over meat from supper the night before.

I generally get my lunch ready the night before, stick it in the fridge and then take it as I walk out teh door. I leave at 7:15 AM, tuck it under my desk and it's fine at noon.

Whole wheat bagels and low fat cream cheese.... veggie sticks..

cheese, crackers, veggie sticks and fruit

Hope these ideas help.
JudoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 12:48 AM   #7  

Just a hi.......took much on my plate right now.........miss you all

L
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 10:13 AM   #8  

Thanks Judomom - the ideas definitely help!
Wheat bagles and low fat cream cheese sounds GREAT to me. I guess it would be ok to leave the cream cheese out of the fridge down here? It is kind of hot and humid here in Louisiana so things don't keep too well but I am gonna give it a try.
Today I brought tuna and crackers - doesn't that sound yummy - NOT!
Thanks so much for the ideas.
Judomom - did you see my message to you on Monday? I wanted to be sure that you saw I had read your post about the winter.

Liz - hang on girlie. I know how that is with "too much on my plate right now". I hope it calms down soon.

hugs,
Cathy
Old 04-05-2006, 11:24 PM   #9  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

Cathy Hope the ideas help... I'm working so hard to eliminate bread and pasta from my diet... when I do have it (them) now, they are whole wheat.

Yes, I did see your post *hug.. thank you. Everyone has been so supportive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We had another REALLY wicked day today with DD(nearly 18). She and no-good, manipulative BF broke up again.. this time I hope it's for good. She's crying, she's upset, but she is MAD. Fortunately, her first appt with psychologist (who she has seen before but not for about 18 months) happened to be at 5 today. DD actually wanted me in for entire appt. It went really well. But I am one wiped momma... it all started with a phonecall at 1:30 AM from the BF..... needless to say, he will not be phoning here or contacting her again after I spoke to him on his cell just before lunch today. And if he does, I will be contacting the police.

I am so tired and so worn out. I actually thought about phoning my own Dr today, but I do NOT want to go back on anti-depressants. I gained 14 pounds in 5 months last time and I still haven't got it all off. Why, oh why would I put on even more weight???

Back to the gym for me starting this weekend... if all is ok to leave the house for a few hours. I've been really trying to be here for DD. I don't want her to think that I think the gym is more important than she is.

Anyway.... I'm off to bed to try and get some sleep.
JudoMom is offline   Reply With Quote