Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 02-20-2006, 11:46 PM   #16  
One day at a time..

S/C/G: 264/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Cathy - Thanks Yes, that's my lil son in the avatar, his name is Twiggy. He's my lil buddy!

It wasn't too bad walking to the store today, warmer than I had thought. I did 2.3 miles, so I'm feeling pretty good.

MMarie - That baby almost makes me want one, lol. He is the cutest little thing!

Leenie - Aww, I'm glad he makes you smile, he makes me smile every day He does this funny thing when he gets excited. I like to refer to it as the "crab walk". It's like his butt has a mind of it's own because it's moving one way and the front of him is moving another, lol.

I asked a pharmacist what a good fiber supplement would be and he just said to eat a bowl of Kellog's All Bran every morning.. I definitely will look into the other options.

sweet_pea - Congrats on the weight loss. I hate med side effects, yours sound like what I felt like on Tegretol, luckily I'm not on that anymore.

buddly - Thanks! I have to look into something, as I can't take a week of no potty

Have a good night guys!
Candi
MizCandula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 12:54 AM   #17  

flag mama. i have been on effexor 4 weeks and have stopped for 4 days (i think) have sort of lost track. and still feel dizzy and weird. really don't know if it is the pills or unrelated.

ate healthy today on the whole.
had nectarine and yoghurt and nuts for brekkie
lunch= greek salad and greens followed by ice cream and custard square
dinner = chicken stirfry lots of veges.

now i feel full!!! trouble is i also feel a bit sick. surely after 4 weeks it should have stopped

i don't know what to do. doc is not sympathetic. she just says keep taking them. she reckons side effects aren't as bad as others
sweet_pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 12:56 AM   #18  

oops i forgot to refresh hehe

candi i have been on tegretol and actually a huge pile of meds. this is the first time i have felt sick. usually just tired or flat mood or nightmares. not this!

i have been on effexor before and did not have these side effects.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:33 AM   #19  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning

Sweetpea, don't worry about starting a thread, please do !!! new or not, your one of us now LOLOL, so please, you won't upset the apple cart... (I like that saying lol). Congrats on the WL

I can't say long ladies, I've a ton of work to do and I'm being monitored ICK!...
so with that, I leave you

Have a wonderful day... HUGS AND KISSES !!!!!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 09:57 AM   #20  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Good morning everyone. Having a new baby in the house is quite a change. It reminds me why I only had two and did it when I was young. They are quite a bit of work. Then to top it off, my son started violently throwing up at the hospital - had to get him to his dr. for IVs and test while taking care of GF and baby. It was a definite fire drill yesterday. Today, I have to take half the day off from work because of their dr. appointments and such. Oh well, he is quite the cutie. Also he likes to sleep. YEAH!!!

I've stayed on the exercise track but eating has been hit or miss. Actually since it's been miss the last few days I probably had a reduction in calories. That sure would be good!

Well, I must work also. I'll catch up with you all in a bit. Take care of yourself!!!
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 09:59 AM   #21  

Default Good ol' 3fatchicks came through again!

This weekend I caught an infrocommercial about Dave Thurmonds "6-week Makeover". I thought it was interesting and I liked the guy on Extreme makeovers. I noticed that they didn't say anything about the foods that on the plan or the amounts! So, I went to the site www.makeover.com and looked around. Hmmmmm!

I came here and moseyed down to Does I Work. Yup, a two page thread on it! It seems that for six easy payments of $19.95, they'll tell me how to starve myself!

Not much happening here. It's cold-so cold I didn't go shopping or go to church. I sent the R person. Goldie is feeling pretty good-goog enough to wander behind the barn and now his leg is sore. I'd have tied him up but the run is down thanks to our neighbor who plowed us out. That wire must be invisible!

Hey, I had a good breakfast this morning. Been craving hard boiled eggs, so I mashed one up with a teaspoon of mayo and spead it on dry toast. It was great.

Well, that's the news,weather and sports. Back to your regularly scheduled program.
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 11:14 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

well i could just cry I had a big long post going with a message to everyone that posted and the whole thing just vanished.

sorry gang - i was trying to stop what i was doing at work and take the time to respond to each one - but i just can't do it twice.

So just want to say that I have read each of your posts - had something nice to say to each of you - but will just have to say Hope you have a Blessed Day for now.

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 11:20 AM   #23  

Morning everyone!

Ethan is so sweet.......congrats.....new babes are such a gift.

Have a great day everyone. I just worked 8 in a row and my reward is a crown at the dentist on a tooth I had a root canal on in Jan.

Bye for now!

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 05:17 PM   #24  

today i have to spend some time researching both the AD and deciding which one i want to stick with long term. i feel like crap and am not happy about it

on top of that i have to work out which of my goals to pursue in the near future. i have deadliens for some of them. there is a sppech comp i want to enter but it's only 1 week away and right now i am not up to creating the speech. but it's an annual comp i don't want to wait a whole year! last year i got to the national finals but i couldn't go as i wasn't up to travelling (3 flights ea way) and then comin back to sit my final exam.

there are also other things that i want to do. and i really hate letting opportunities go by

leenie thanks for the encouragement

tippy - what you don't like starving yourself?

cathy - i know how frustrating it is when you lose a post. hope the rest of your day is better

ugh. good luck at the dentist liz!
Old 02-21-2006, 10:00 PM   #25  

Hello ladies. It's been a little while since I've been around, just wasn't feeling good. I'm doing much better today and wanted to come and say hello.

Don't have time for personals this evening, but wanted to tell you Sweet Pea to hang in there hon. You are in need of some good sleep, I hope you get it soon. I'm still on the Effexor now (300mgs) and I do find that if I go even 1 hour over my usual time for taking it, I get extremely headachy and nauseous. My p-doc was very adamant about taking it at exactly the same time every day, I couldn't figure out why until the first time I was late with my dose. It does need to be put explicitly on the label. I'm also wondering if the last week or so that I've felt so bad is because of this med? I've read many people saying that they've had it poop out not long after they get going on it. Hhhhmmm, will have to find out. I sincerely hope that you find what you need to help you to feel better. Is there any chance that you could switch dr's? I think it's terrible that your's is not willing to truly listen to what you are feeling.
Dont wait too long if you need to switch, this is your life! Take care of yourself.

Everyone, I'm headed to bed. I plan on being here bright and early tomorrow. So I'll leave you now and wish you all sweet dreams.
desertdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 10:21 PM   #26  

thank you so much danielle. i am so pleased to have your support and others here at 3FC

do you know my doctor didn't even tell me it had to be taken so precisely at the same time each day? in the past with other meds it hasn't mattered if you miss a day or are a few hours late but this one mucks you up big time. i am on a low dose but even that has a big effect!

i had to start it again. i talked with a friend about the pros and cons and decided effexor is better for generalised anxiety. a lot better. it's just the drowsiness and dizziness and headaches

i find some info on the web on how only being a few hours late on effexor makes a big difference so i have set a timer to go every day at midday to remind me. also i found it can make me dizzy if i take it without food. midday means i can have it with a snack and will already have had breakfast

i don't get up at a regular time each day at the mo altho i plan to do that once the meds have settled down in which case i could move the time forward and take it with breakfast.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:54 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang!

It's crazy busy this morning but I wanted to pop in and say HI.

So Sweetpea how did you sleep last night? I sure hope you were able to get some rest. It is so hard to get thru the day when you aren't sleeping.

MMarie - that is the most beautiful little grandbaby boy! I tried clicking on the link to more pictures yesterday but kept getting an error message. I will try again today. How is your ds? is he any better?

Tippy - you are tooooooooo cute "Well, that's the news,weather and sports. Back to your regularly scheduled program."

Liz - how is that new crown this morning? do you have a few days off now?

Leenie - how's work do you still have the "drill sargeant" for a boss - I don't hear you mention him anymore - was just wondering.

Hey Danielle - did you sleep good?

I stayed up way too late watching some of the the Olympics that we had recorded. So I'm kind of draggin - but that could also be from not getting in my walking this morning.

Hope everybody has a blessed day.

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 10:43 AM   #28  
The High-Carb Rebel

S/C/G: 175ish/175ish/145ish

Hey everyone. I got my blood test results back yesterday. Everything is fine except for a low white blood cell count and the fact that I'm borderline anemic. I just need more iron, that's all. So really all of this anxiety and crap is just mental, and most of it is related to school. My psychiatrist is going to talk to my school and work out something for me though. He made me feel so much better!

Afterwards my mom and I went to Applebee's for dinner. Has anyone else tried their Weight Watchers menu? I had some fish with vegetables and not only was it delicious but it was super healthy! I think we'll be going there more often.

I hope everyone has a great week <3
lessthansign3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 11:57 AM   #29  

Crown feels great! Just two days off and then on for two.

Hugs everyone!

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 12:47 PM   #30  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Good morning everyone. I'm kind of dragging too. I think it's a letdown from the excitement of the weekend. I really would like to go home and take a nap but there are too many people at my house so work is more relaxing. Sort of scary, huh?

Liz, good that the crown feels okay. When I got mine, I thought it felt sort of weird. Sometimes my tongue still finds its way over to it since it does feel different than a real tooth.

Cathy, sorry about your lost post. Here's the link to my website - I probably typed it wrong. http://www.mariesdogs.info/grandbaby.html Hope you enjoyed the Olympics last night. I find that whenever I turn on the computer, some of the results pop up and that has ruined it for me. So I haven't watched.

Sweepea, good luck with the Effexor. It is a very touchy AD and taking it like clockwork is a good idea.

Well, I best get back to work.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote