Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 09-18-2005, 10:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Default A Crowd

I have to go. For my husband, for my daughter ... I have to go in about 20 minutes.
If I don't puke, seizure or bawl my eyes out ....
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 09:54 PM   #2  
CIN

Susan???????????????????????????????????????
What are you talking about?
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 07:36 AM   #3  

Being in a crowd. It was awful! I think I would have been OK but several people made a point of coming to tell me thay hadn't seen me in ages ... blah, blah, blah. I bawled my way through several tissue.
Ack! I still felt emotionally drained yesterday.
What do they call that therapy when they slowly expose you to frightening experiences in increasing amounts until you can handle them well? Oh honeys, I don't know about that!
Old 09-20-2005, 09:26 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

There's medication to help you through panic attacks. Have you spoken to your doctor about this.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 09:48 AM   #5  
Ilene the Bean

I agree, Susan, speak to your doctor again if you haven't already...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 12:02 PM   #6  

I do take an antidepressant. I've spoken to him about antianxiolitics but he isn't crazy about the idea. We're just working away finding the right antidepressant and the right dose.
I'm fine as long as I can stay in my usual routine of home and work ... we go on the odd little vacation .... I dunno .... once in a while, all the planets are in some sort of cosmic alignment ....
I'm actually pretty sorry I posted that on Sunday. Y'all don't need to worry about me. I lead a fine and productive life ... with a few rough spots.
Thanks for caring.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:29 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Susan, don't be sorry

Your post is very real and alot of us understand about panic attacks, we just want the best for you.

Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 11:38 AM   #8  

Oh susan, I don't even know you but I would hug you if I could. I know exactly what you are experiencing because my counselor has me doing the same thing. I can't take the usual meds for social phobia and so the plan is that if I'm exposed enough to the situations that cause me so much fear I will eventually become immune to them. So far that hasn't happened for me, and actually too many exposures and I take a step back in my progress.

I'm rootin' for you. You've replied to my posts before and come across with strength and I think that is key in beating it. Awesome that you followed through even though it was hard. I'm still at the stage of running away.
I should probably take my own advice, keep going and you will succeed.
scrunchkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 11:58 AM   #9  

Maybe I could lend you my charming and persuasive children

My advice on the immunity building would be to start in groups of people you don't know. I go shopping and all that stuff. I think the hardest part was being singled out like I was on Sunday. I even wore a dress the same colour as the walls
Old 09-21-2005, 02:27 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB
Maybe I could lend you my charming and persuasive children

My advice on the immunity building would be to start in groups of people you don't know. I go shopping and all that stuff. I think the hardest part was being singled out like I was on Sunday. I even wore a dress the same colour as the walls
You know, girl, you still have your sense of humor and that's a sign that you're getting better!
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote