Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-29-2004, 08:08 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Holiday Weekend Chat - May 29, 30, 31

Good Morning,

Its a beautiful cool sunny morning aaah every window in my house is open, LOVE IT!

So whats your plans for the weekend.

Today is laundry, food shopping and sis is coming over later to watch LOTR #3

Tomorrow I'm having a BBQ and a Surprise b/day party for my sister. It should be good. Lots of food and games for the kids.

Monday we're expecting rain so it will be a lay around day (well we'll see )

The cake for my sister is chocolate whipped cream, yellow cake and strawberries & custard filling
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 10:13 AM   #2  
Divine Gal

Default Hello gang

Where should I start...Hmmm
Last Sunday Dh and I went to Maryland to visit with my family.We drove for about 7 hrs.We took Fufu with us also; so we had to stop occassionally to make sure he was ok.
We stayed until Thursday but the visit was a sad one.The family dog died.Baby grew up with me and my brother.He was 15 years old and very loyal.He was so bad off that we had to carry him in and out of the house to use the bathroom.He lost control of bladder and his bowels.He was staggering all over the place and his legs were giving out on him.He started breathing really hard and not eatting or drinking.It was so sad and I just cried.He kept holding on though because he didn't want to leave.He was so loved and he knew it.His last hour, he started gasping for air and my dad & mom took him to be put to sleep.No sooner did they get him there and they injected him; he passed.Everyone just cried and cried.That was on the 26th.

Our 2nd year Anniversary was the 25th and I went to see my goddaughters.They are getting so big and I miss them terribly.The oldest may be able to come and stay for a long weekend this summer.I would love it.

Got better news about BIL; since we told him last saturday about him not coming home; it must have set a fire under his butt.Occupational Therapy has reopened his case and he is doing much better.I talked to the RN Case Manager yesterday; this is when I got this news.She said it maybe a slow process but he will still have to live in a Nursing home.But he is definately more responsive even though he is in this world one minute and in his own the next.

Mostly my week has been pretty crappy.Dh was supposed to do some work yesterday on a friends lift (she's an older lady)but the guy who was supposed to help him didn't show up until it was to late.Which means we came home early from the trip for nothing.I could of spent an extra day with my mom.

To top it all off TOM is here....OH BOY!!
Hopefully next week will be alot better

*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 10:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

It is hot and sunny and HUMID in Louisiana! but hey at least it's not raining so I'm not complaining.

I got to sleep in til 7 this morning. Leenie how late did you sleep? Me and hubby drank our coffee and snuggled. Then I went outside and walked our 2 mile block. yea me! I'm sweating (oops glistening) like a pig! LOL I've got things to do around here, and then I need to color my hair and paint my toenails and get dressed so that I can be at a wedding at 2:00. I will do my housecleaning on Monday while I'm off.

Leenie - don't ya just love it when you can open up all the windows and let the breeze blow thru. oh yes and thank you thank you thank you for describing that delicious cake! that was just what I needed LOL you tease you!

Lynnie - it is so good to see ya! we've been missing you! so glad you got to spend some time with your family. I am so sorry for the loss of your dog and the other problems ya'll encountered this week. great big hugs!

Hope the rest of our gang pops in! I will check back later.

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 12:35 PM   #4  

Good morning all

Leenie.....I sent the email of DS1's wedding day.....hope you get them this time....we have 3 sons....so maybe that one you can put on the site....just a few...the bride & groom...the one of DH & I....I guess there are too many to put here.

Lynnie.....glad to see you back. DH & I have had 2 dogs die in the past.....it is so sad.

Cathy....have a good time at the wedding today.

Talk about dogs....Charlie....my 45 lb. Border Collie.....last night he was laying on the other end of the couch.....I was sitting there also....well he turned around......put his head up against me....settled down beside me.....for about 45 minutes....it was so nice....like a tender moment.

Am doing better with the eating plan....experimenting....eating higher calories....about 1800 to 2000.....zig zagging the calories....has anyone heard of that?....varying the calories every day....so far....since Wednesday have lost 3.8 lbs......I know it's water....but will keep trying.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 01:40 PM   #5  

Hi gang!

yesterday I literally looked forward to sleeping in all day......I dragged my butt at work for 8 hours.......I also admitted to myself and others that part of my problem is all the extra weight I am carrying.

Anyhow I was none too pleased when dd 6 woke me at 730! Hubby was already up so I sent her down to him and he made her breakfast and started up Cat in the Hat for her. DD 10 got up about 1000......I slept until 1100!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it.

I didn't snack last night before bed........I drank water yesterday.......I thought about walking upstairs at work.........seven flights.....didn't do it but at least I considered it!

Leens sounds like a fun weekend planned!

Cathy congrats on your committment to glistening!

April congrats on the weight lost~

Lynnie I am glad you had a nice get away.....sorry about the dog! Thanks for keeping us posted about BIL....hang in there.

Back later guys!

I have to work an evening today.....not going to do much before hand today.

xoEliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 02:26 AM   #6  
Oooo Silly Me!

All is well Going to be scarce this weekend got a few things i gotta do as well as twooo papers and then a portfolio.

Lynnie - Glad to hear things are looking up.

April99 - About ZigZagging, I posted not to long ago in one the daily chats about it. It's definately something I was interested in and I got a lot of good info. Hmmm I think a week back? It's in one of the daily chats... I also posted about it in April Chicks (Support Forum). RalphMarie mentioned it and I followed up on it.

Hugs to everyone...

Hope everyone has a Great Memorial Day Weekend!

Sue...
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 07:43 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Talking

Good Morning,

Hi Lynnie !! nice to see you back with us. We had to put our 125 lb golden retriever to sleep not long ago, she was only 10 years old but she was on prednazone (sp?) for probably 9 of those 10 years and it really took havic w/her system, very very sad to lose a family member (which pets are). Good for BIL, you never know Lynnie, a miricle could happen. Hope your weekend is better

Cathy, anything for a friend (reg: cake ) Hey that musta been fun hubby going w/you for a walk, I used to walk w/hubby but it seems these days we just can't find the time, especially with a 2 year old. How was the wedding?

April, as soon as your DH can break down the picts I'll post them for you, no problem. If worse comes to worse I'll give you another address you can send them to and it will definitly go thru there. Watcha doing today ? HEY congrats on the 3+ lbs lost, you go lady.

Liz, no snacking at night is the hardest thing for me to do. There's just something about stuffing your face b/4 bed, I dunno loloolololol. But you know that is the time of day where I totally blow my diet. You working today?

Sue, SNAGGED!!! what are you doing here missy, don't you have 2 papers to write??? now hit those books now young lady or I'll ................ just joshin baby cakes, hope you get them done soon so you can come out to play. Enjoy your Sunday

I need to get dressed, put on my makeup and get to the store.......see y'all later.
Old 05-30-2004, 05:45 PM   #8  

Good afternoon everyone

It started out sunny here....but the clouds rolled in before noon....not too much going on here today. Last night DH & I watched the movie....Babe in the City...about the pig....we wished it had more border collies in it like the last movie.

DS3, his GF & her DS are coming over for dinner today.

Leenie....I sent the pictures to you...this time DH put 3 in the email....hopefully you get it this time.

Sue Marie....I will look in the April Chicks forum to see about the zig zagging....thanks.

April
Old 05-31-2004, 08:54 AM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Happy Memorial Day !!

April Yes I got your pictures, and I have to tell everyone here just how pretty you REALLY are and your sons are soooooo good looking, very very good looking. The dress you were wearing was very classy, I liked it much better than your son's MIL's dress. I'm so happy I can place the pretty face now. Id you'd like I'll post them here tomorrow if not, we understand.

Its sunny now but we are expecting rain so who know's maybe it will blow out to sea?

I ate so much this weekend it isn't funny and I was gonna be good, yeah right.
My tummy can't wait for tomorrow to get back on track lol. To many left overs today

How's your weekend ?
Old 05-31-2004, 01:23 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Afternoon Gang!

I just finished cleaning the house. I hope nobody messes it up for about 30 minutes! I love a clean house!!!!!! I'm fixin to hit the showers and take it easy the rest of the day. DH is gonna grill some pork steaks and shiskabobs for supper tonight, so I'm just having an apple with some peanut butter for lunch.

Our yougnest ds started a job working for a painter today, and we told him we would wait and grill for supper rather than lunch, so it will be ready when he gets home. I have to tell you this - he blessed his poor ole mom's heart today - he is not an affectionate kind of guy, very independent, not to talkative - you know the strong, silent type (and cute as the day is long) - well he called me on his first break and he just called me on his lunch break too - just to tell me how things were going. I don't know - it just really meant a lot to me that he did that - that he wanted to share with me what he was doing and took the time to call.

Leenie - ya'll must have had some good bbq yesterday! yum! and I would love to see the pics of April if she says it's ok to post them. I love putting a face with a name!

Ok, well I'm off to the showers. Hope everyone is having a good day!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 01:48 PM   #11  

Hey everyone!

I was going to start a new thread this am as it is not a long weekend here but then I saw the long weekend thread that was started on Saturday.

I worked friday and saturday and was off sunday. I helped dd 12 with a major school assignment and ran dd 6 to a birthday party....it was a good weekend.

Did some light housework this am and then had to go to school to pick up dd6 as she had a sore throat......so she is on the couch watching Brother Bear and having a little ice cream to sooth her throat.

I am dragging a bit today but mentally feeling ok........hope you all have a great day.

Eliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 02:14 PM   #12  

Good morning everyone

Leenie....I sent you an email about the pictures.....you can post them....it's okay.

Hi Cathy & Liz.

I got up early today....just after 7.....it's the 1st time in weeks....had to have DH help wake me up......although 2 days last week I was awake before him.......we went to coffee at the mall for 8 with friends.....they were all amazed that I was up.
Then I took some clothes to the dressmaker to be shortened.

I am going to go & walk on the treadmill after.....do laundry....some cleaning also.

April
Old 05-31-2004, 10:04 PM   #13  

Unhappy Ready to scream

I am so mad at my husband I could He really pissed me off. I have done a good job the last 10 days not overeating. I have had so many chances to just pig out But did I? NO!!!!!!!!!!

I went to the groc store. Picked up some thing for dinner. A roasted chicken. I picked up a couple of things for DH. He loves licorice. I saw some lime corn chips. I like them. I bought them. I had about 6 chips. Honest! Dh picked the bag up and asked if I had eaten half the bag. I was floored, hurt and basically crushed. He didn't even say "sorry." There I was with big tears, hurt feelings. and he just walks off.............

A little later I told him how I felt. I did get "sorry" out of him but I dont feel he meant it.

I just can't get him to understand that I need him and his support.
So I am off to have some alone time because I really dont want to say something I will regret later. I know he loves me but I really need him to show me.
Arenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 01:16 PM   #14  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Oh Arenee, do realize that men show their "sorry" feelings differently than women, they are for sure a different kind of animal. He's probably to embarassed to really admit he was wrong and is hoping the whole thing blows over. If you feel you need to talk to him some more than do so, and I agree with you for walking away b/4 something really negative is said. When I'm mad, I go and clean the kitchen and in doing so, I'm slaming doors and pots around, then he knows for sure I'm PO'd. I then cool down and talk

I'm proud of you for eating right !!!!!

You go girlie and your really an inspiration for all of us.