Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-03-2004, 08:07 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Weekend Chat - April 3rd and 4th

Good morning everyone

First I'm hoping Noodles is okay, gee guys did you read her post from yesterday, ICK!!! Noodles girl, feel better. Hugs.

Nothing much going on here today, its raining out

I'm sipping coffee and doing laundry but the bulk of it is done

Whatcha all doing this weekend ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 08:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Leenie and all of our gang!

Noodles? how ya feeling today? what is going on with your "liver"? Please let us know how you are doing.

Leenie? do we ever get done with the laundry??? it's never ending isn't it!

I've had my 2 cups of coffee and my youngest ds just left with a friend to go take the ACT test. Oldest ds is getting his beauty sleep so he can be gorgeous for his gf's prom tonight. Dh is in the shower getting ready to go with a friend to the Gun and Knife Show at our Civic Center today.

Last night I made a bazillion tortilla pinwheels for the shower. I'm fixing to get all dolled up and go pick up the cake and then go get everything set up for the shower this afternoon. I really needed some exercise this morning, but my knees and feet are already bothering me (I think from hauling heavy glass dishes in and out - I packed one box way too heavy and my knees are reminding me of it today), so I will skip the exercise today so that I can do everything I need to do for the shower. I think I'm gonna be on my feet all day. Leenie, you were so right about reminding me to wear good shoes.

Ok well I'm gonna wrap things up around here, and I'll check back tonight to see how our gang is doing.

Hope everyone has a blessed day!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 09:04 AM   #3  
Rattie Lover

I am home. I got home about 1 ish? 2 ish? I can't rememberish...

I got a freaking ROCK in my kidney...and I brusied my kidney too...I dunno how one can bruise a kidney but...somehow I did. I was dehydrated and feeling yecky...they gave me an IV and some lovely morophine and a nice anti-nausea drug. Ahhhhhhhhhh....

Thanks for worrying about me... I'll be ok!! I am actually going to try and go judge here in a couple hours. If I can't handle it then I can always come home. It's not that far away.
Noodles913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 10:43 AM   #4  

Hey everybody!

I am home from the mountains......I haven't read the old posts but will when I get a chance.

Noodles sorry to hear about your health issues....many people have loved me on the spot of the IV push Morphine......lol.....it really works when it works.

We skied 4 days....it was so beautiful up in the mountains......it was mild and not too busy.....which surprised me as it was spring break......we sat in the hot tub every day......it was so great to get away.......we are definatly going to do it more often. My 6 year old learned to ski and so now we can all ski together.....it was awesome!

Gonna catch up on the boards and get some more of the laundry done etc. Always nice to get away but always feels good to get home as well.

Glad to be back!

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 12:07 AM   #5  

Hi everyone

I have had a hectic day today....went to lunch with a friend....then I had an appointment with a dietician...it was at our local grocery store...& it was free with my client card....she said we should eat healthy 80% of the time....then the other 20% of the time....eat whatever you want....the 20% of the time....for me would be when we go out for dinner....like Chinese food....or when I want potato chips....or I am tired of being on my eating plan.

Did some shopping...mostly looking....then when I got home.....DS3, his GF were in the back yard with their 2 dogs....visiting.

Noodles....sounds like you have a kidney stone.....I had one of those in 1988....had to go to Vancouver to have it blasted.....they are really painful.....it was the worst pain I ever had.

So it is 9 P.M. now....am going to relax now with my book.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 12:29 AM   #6  

Oh wow - I was just perusing the new posts - new to site - and Noodles - my sympathies. I've never had a kidney stone, but my DH has and it's not fun at all.

This weekend is a "homebody" weekend - we have been puttering, and of course have to watch the NCAA Final Four games since we are from Connecticut!

Lots of cooking too - have a new Foodsaver so trying to feed the freezer!

April, the dietician's advice sounds like a good plan.

Nite all!
cherylquiltnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 07:17 AM   #7  
Rattie Lover

Well...I was a bad Noodles... But don't crack that whip just yet!!

I got 3 hours sleep and got up at 6:30 AM and went and judged the competition. I wound up being there for 11 hours. No kidding. But it was a good thing cause I was on my feet almost the whole time, walking, walking...and more walking and I flushed out my stone or did something cause it doesn't seem to be bothering me anymore. I'll take it easy today though just to play it safe.
Old 04-04-2004, 08:17 AM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Cheryl WELCOME !!!! your a stone throw away from where I work and live, how close are you to the Tapan Zee ?

Noodles good to see your home. Do you now have to watch what your eatin b/c of the stones? stone? Just rest will yah and thats an order !!

April you've seen a dietitian ohhh how exciting, 80 / 20 huh, gee I think I could do alot of damage in that 20% of time What book are you reading ?

Oh Lizzy !! skying well listen, you certainly deserve a vacation the way you work. Glad you had a nice time and welcome home.

Cathy, nope laundry never ends, I'm doing more so like curtains, rugs so next sunday my home will be nice and clean for my guests plus it really needed a spring cleaning. My two sisters came over friday and cleaned my house for me, they did my bathrooms, vaccumed cleaned my ceiling fans (I paid them). Boy was it wonderful to walk thru that door friday night and to get up saturday and not have to clean. It was a nice break from the stress b/4 Easter. So now I have to just get the stuff for the dinner and enjoy my time a little bit more (this week anyway lol dirt comes bak quick).

Cathy you have fun at the shower you worked so very hard on, try to enjoy and not run around to much (but your like me, its hard to sit still).

I'm going food shopping in a bit and then I'll put away the laundry when I get back, its all done and folded

Hugs !!!!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 11:17 AM   #9  

Good morning everyone. Remember to Spring Ahead the clocks?
Leenie and Cheryl, your close to the Tappan Zee? I am 15 minutes from the bridge. Let me know. Maybe we are just a "stones" throw away. (no pun intended Noodles) seriously, I've heard a stone is no laughing matter. I am glad to hear your feeling better. Get the rest you need and deserve.

April, I would have to say 20% pizza of course that would mean 80% salad

Cathy, I taught the boys how to do laundry when they hit 12. So usually they sleep on it, spray it with deodorant and then iron it. Actually, since they've gotten older, and girlfriends, they do wash it But it's still a challenge because more often than not my laundry room looks like a clothes bomb went off. Then there is the wonderful sounds of loving bros wanting to kill each other for taking someone elses clean socks. aaahhh! life. aaahhh kids! in the words of Bugeous Meredith in Grumpy Old Men "kids, can't live with em', can't shoot em' "
DonnaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 02:59 PM   #10  

Happy Sunday everyone!

Glad to hear you are feeling better Noodles - hope it continues - finger crossed for you!

Leenie and Donna - I live in North Central CT - within 5 miles of the Massachussets border. Tappan Zee is about 2 hours from here! Not far in the whole scheme of things though.

Today is an overcast Sunday with a tease of sunshine periodically through the day. This is before the snow we are supposed to have - which is really annoying. I really need to get outside and work in my yard!

I'll be working tomorrow from 6am to 2pm so preparing food today for tomorrow. Don't ask me why I agreed to work that shift on the Monday after the time change - not to mention the late hour I will HAVE to stay up to watch my beloved UCONN Lady Huskies play their semifinal game (yes there is a vcr but it's just not the same). I'll be in a coma by Monday evening. I find that if I don't plan food for the days I work (not often) I'm screwed up for days. In addition, I'm playing with my new toy - a Foodsaver.

So...have a great rest of the weekend - will be checking in later.

Last edited by cherylquiltnut; 04-04-2004 at 03:01 PM.
cherylquiltnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 04:38 PM   #11  
Rattie Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaD
Good morning everyone. Remember to Spring Ahead the clocks?

Maybe we are just a "stones" throw away. (no pun intended Noodles) seriously, I've heard a stone is no laughing matter. I am glad to hear your feeling better. Get the rest you need and deserve.
Ahhhh...I'm so glad we don't do time change here... I'd hate to be a clock store owner when time change happens! hahaha

Stones just plain suck. This one isn't as bad as the one I had in 1992. I wound up in the hospital. Even the morophine didn't work for that one!! They are WORSE than childbirth pain...worse than...about any pain I felt. I'd have to say the pain was = with my tube blowing up inside of me. That hurt like a too.

I'm feeling better now. Got friends coming over for cards and food so...I better get off of here and go make myself semi-available. I don't like anything messy when I have company. Type at ya later!!
Old 04-04-2004, 05:05 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good afternoon gang.

I am sooooooooo pooped! and draggin around like an old lady!

The shower was great and everything went so nice. I thought we did it up well, if I say so myself, and everyone was some complimentary of the food and fixings. My niece got everything she could possibly need so I'm really glad about that.

We are going back to church tonight for an Easter performance by our choir. I know it will be good. My body wants to just veg out on the sofa, but it's not gonna get its way tonight.

Hope everybody has a good weekend. see ya'll tomorrow!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote