Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 09:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Fab Friday, 1/23

Good Morning Chickadees!

I'm grabbing my coffee and starting payroll but will be back soon!

Where was everybody at yesterday??? I sure hope everybody pops in today and leaves a little message! It's lonely in here. But April and I kept the board moving yesterday.

hugs,
cathy
Old 01-23-2004, 10:37 AM   #2  

Default Good morning!

Hi everyone.......I have not been around this week at all! I am working a lot....to make up for all my time off in December! Having fun though....working more days and trying to be home in the evenings with the family. It is going well. I never get time to go on the pc though.

I am happy for all of you that are dropping weight and doing the exercise thing! Way to go! Hubby has been working out at the gym every morning and he likes that a lot more than going after work.......I dont' know if I told you but he is looking pretty good........going have to keep an eye on him! He really only had his stomach to get rid of the rest of him always looked pretty good!

Have a great day everyone. I am off today. I am happy to be home and clean bathrooms, vaccum, laundry etc. I have already done the kitchen and stripped the beds and got started on the laundry....kids are off to school and all is well.....both girls have play dates today so I am making lasagna and garlic toast and salade for supper.....maybe some cupcakes too! There has been no proper hot meals this week so gotta make it up to them!

Bye for now.........I will try to check in later. I haven't read posts for days and days.......I will try to make it up to you!
Liz
Old 01-23-2004, 10:42 AM   #3  
CIN

Good Morning Cathy & gang!
Cathy.Do a check for me when you are doing payroll....ok?

I have a free day and have already got a lot finished ( ironing! YES..I still iron !

I had my grandsons Weds night and all day yesterday..............no time for computer with two little boys around! THEY want the computer at 3 1/2 & 5........!

We have had some activity on the condo.........and am hoping for a buyer soon...gets kinda nervous........sittin there empty while utilities and interest payment continue.....PLUS a maintenance fee! Too bad I cant go swimming there now!Guess many go thru this when moving..................sometimes it takes a while!

I will check back later..........break is over ( apple is eaten )
Bye
Cin
Old 01-23-2004, 12:08 PM   #4  
Divine Gal

Default Good Afternoon ladies

Sorry I haven't been in the last couple of days..But I have been pretty busy since BIL went back to work.Me and DH have been cleaning house and yesterday we were out all day at WALMART!!! Don't ya just love that store.??I bought several things.I bought Walk Away the pounds, a pair of sweat pants because my legs have been freezing, a head band, and some great lotion my mom suggested I purchase.Its By Johnson; its called Bedtime Lotion and it has lavendar and chamomille in it.It smells so great.
But DH and I have been doing really well on our points and drinking lots of water.With the cleaning and being out yesterday and walking around we counted that as our exercise.
I also stopped by a friends house to see how she was doing.She has Australian Shepard Puppy and he has crystal blue eyes...Pets are great and he made me feel great.Me and her went out to lunch at Wendys and get this I only got a spicy chicken sandwich.Low on the mayo and it was great...I didn't get the combo just sandwich and diet coke.
While I was at lunch with her DH was getting some business done about getting back to work.He went to a Work Rehabilitation and found out they will help him go back to school to train him for a different job that won't mess with his sleep apnea.So DH is doing really well as far as his health.He wears his hearing Aides at least twice a day to get use to them.
It was nice to get out yesterday even though the weather was brutal.It was so cold and so snowy.
Well I hope yall have a great day.Talk to ya soon.

*hugs*
lynnie
Old 01-23-2004, 02:03 PM   #5  

Good morning everyone

Good to see you back Liz......Lynnie.....just keep doing 1 day at a time with your WW....hi Cin & Cathy. Cathy.....I guess we kept the board going yesterday.

Having a good day today....up early & went to Tim Horton's for coffee with friends....doing well with my eating plan....am going to go walk on the treadmill when I leave the computer.

Have a great day everyone.

April
Old 01-23-2004, 02:12 PM   #6  
Walking by faith

Angry Hello Ladies

CIN & Liz: Does cleaning house count as a day off?

Cathy: I'm sure Friday is a busy day for you-payday! (for DH at least)
Thanks for keeping things going!

Lynnie: That's a lot of good news! I hope the rehab people can get your DH into a training program soon. I was at Wally World yesterday too-grocery shopping!

Yesterday was a busy day for me too. I went to see my orthopedic Dr., Dr. H (as in HOTTIE!). I told him what was going on, and he changed some of my meds and wrote up a script for a new leg brace. I don't talk much about it, but I've been having a lot of pain-at night particularly. He explained why I've been hurting, and hopefully these new meds will help. I hope so-not only because I'm tired of hurting. If they don't work, the next step will be a Botox injection IN MY BUTT Sure don't want that. Funny how just understanding what's going on helps. Not only is Dr. H handsome, he's SMART too!

Hi April, Leenie, Tippy and everyone out there

P.S. My smilies aren't working ( Only the frown
Old 01-23-2004, 02:34 PM   #7  

Hi all! Here in WI, it's snowing but at least it's above 0! Nothing planned for the weekend..same stuff as every other weekend! Am soooo sleepy right now that my eyes are tearing. Don't cha hate that!
Old 01-23-2004, 03:20 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Well here is some of the gang! How exciting! I was beginning to think ya'll had fallen off the face of the earth or something! I'm so glad to see ya'll! Leenie must be busy at work today???

Liz - I prefer working out in the mornings too! I'm sure your dh is trying to look his best for his beautiful wife! Your lasagna supper sounds sooooooo good! Don't work too hard!

Cin - I wrote you a check but you're gonna have to come see me in Louisiana to get it! That'll be one way to finally get to meet my dear twin! I hope and pray the condo sells quickly! keep us posted! everybody having fun at ww?

Lynnie - it's so good to see ya! I'm glad you were having a good time yesterday! Yep I love Walmart too! going there this evening right after work to pick up the bare necessities of life like wheat bread and salad and milk! Which Walk Away the Pounds tape did you get? Guess what? I bought a new head band yesterday too! oh wait you are saying a head band. What I actually bought was a sweat band. We may not be talking about the same thing. I don't sweat much, hardly at all really, but when I do my workouts I sweat around my hair line and I wear a sweat band around my head to keep the moisture from running into my eyes. Are we talking about the same thing? I'm glad to hear that Rehad will help your dh with schooling! Joanne is right - you have a lot of good news!

April - hey again! Good for you jumping on that treadmill! YOU GO GIRL!

Joanne - I hope the doc and the new meds can help with the problems! If I ever get a botox shot it ain't gonna be on my big behind! It'll be right in the middle of my face where everybody can see it! but honestly, I've never heard of getting that in the behind? wonder if you will look like you've had a butt lift!

Tippy - above 0 huh! I cannot imagine. I hate to tell you but it is 65 here today and beautiful, but it is suppose to rain cats and dogs and elephants and giraffes here tomorrow - if that makes you feel any better! and yes I definitely hate that eye watering thing. It never fails. If I sit down for a minute at night to read my eyes start watering up like crazy and I get sooooooo sleepy! you staying warm up there?

Where is Kemp? busy with school?

I probably won't make it back in here til tomorrow, so I will catch you guys after my morning workout tomorrow.

hugs,
cathy
Closed Thread