Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2004, 08:17 AM   #1  

Default Wed Chat Jan 21

I made it here first. I had to come into work an hour early today and I am still trying to get myself moving.

Well, I lost 3 lbs in a week so I am feeling pretty good about that right now. I just have to keep it up.

Lynnie I agree with the others your weight has alot of different variables. Don't give up, I know you can do it.

I hope everyone is doing well this morning.
Old 01-21-2004, 09:17 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning,

Hey Kem, 3 lbs,

Lynnie, I'm so sorry the scale didn't move in the direction you wanted it to but its okay, you'll do better this week. Lynnie, I can't stress this enough. If there is one thing I've learned about weight loss during my entire life of being heavy is the fact that SLOW IS GOOD!! If you go into this with a relaxed attitude (Proverbs 14:30 - A relaxed attitude lengthens life) you will do 1000x better. Don't forget I also weighed over 300 lbs when I was in my early 20's and late in high school. And I wasn't that far from it just recently. The more patient I am with myself, the better I do, and the less depressed I become.. Basically I'm not telling you anything that you already don't know, its a darn nasty vicious cycle. This is my honest heart felt advice I can give you sweetie. Persistance not perfection !! Many weeks go by and I do not even shed an ounce, I'm still trying to lose the 3 lbs I gained over christmas lol. It will come off, I can't be worrying myself sick over it. Its so hard to push the past away but you really have to if you want to succeed in the future. If you do look back, just give it the raspberries, and say phooie! Keep your focus ahead of you and don't get side tracked. If you goof one day, so what? we are all human, it happens. Thats why we have tomorrow. Lynnie I can't tell you how many time I just want to say *F* this diet, I'm sick of it, I just want to eat what I want and thats it!! Like yesterday But then I have to realize that this is evil works of the devil just trying to make me miserable by being over weight. God wants me happy and healthy, Satan doesn't so I get lots of negativity trying to break me. He may win a battle or two but Lynnie, he's not going to win the war !!! We need to fight back because we so deserve to be healthy (not skinny) HEALTHY!!!. Can I ask this... are you trying to take on to many changes at once ?? like diet, exercise, etc.... If you feel you are, how about for just one month, just concentrate on the diet....then see how that goes, if you feel your ready, add in the exercise....so on and so on. My one biggest problem is I try to take on to much then if I don't complete it, I get really down on myself, so bad, I wind up not doing good at any of it. Right now for me, I am concentrating on my eating and water........thats enuf for now. Later I will get a grip on exercise but thats down the road when I feel I can handle it. Blah Blah Blah...sorry!!

We love you babe, we will be here for you no matter what.

Okay well I'll be talking to you all tomorrow night when I get back from my business trip.

Have a good one all !!

Cathy....... you exercising today
Old 01-21-2004, 10:06 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just popping out of lurkdom with a . You chicks are doing fine!
Old 01-21-2004, 10:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Chickadees! I can barely see the screen bec my eyes are full of water after reading Leenie's post. I don't know why, maybe I'm just tired, maybe I just needed to hear the things you were saying to Lynnie! But now I need a kleenex!!! Thanks Leenie! BTW, you asked "am I exercising today?" .... who knows girlie, who knows? I'm so frazzled. We were up til 11 last night finding gas for a teenager's vehicle that was on the big Red E! We live in a rural area, and after 7 at night, you have to drive 20 minutes to a gas station. Why in the world a teenager would come out to Tim Buck Two riding on E at 10 at night is beyond me! But anyway, then I was up before 5, dressed and out of the house and at Walmart so I could get the things my grandmother needs at the nursing home, bec I have to go at noon again today. While I was at Walmart I got 2 calls from friends wanting to know if I could do such and such for them today? nope,so sorry, already booked up for the day. After work I need to check on my sick mother. If I don't pass out by the time I get home tonight I will MAKE myself do a 2 mile walk. I think I am more stressed and tired from not being able to exercise the past 2 days then the rest of this junk. But hey! I will let ya know if I get it in. The Good Lord knows I NEED it!

Kemp - so good to see ya in here early this morning! why did you have to be at work early today? AND HEY!!! CONGRATS on the 3 lb weight loss! wooooooooohooooooo! don't ya feel great!

Ruthie! Ruthie! Ruthie! so good to see ya girlie! right back at ya! how r u doing?

To the rest of our gang, hey hey hey! drop in and let us know how ya'll are doing!

Anybody joining me on the daily food journal.

hugs,
cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 01-21-2004 at 10:49 AM.
Old 01-21-2004, 10:58 AM   #5  

Oh I almost forgot, I finally got to watch the video tape with Oprah's Monday show on it with Bob Greene, and several people that signed contracts with themselves last January to get healthy.

One thing they said that got my attention was "the question is not are you ready to lose some weight, but are you ready to DO WHAT IT TAKES to lose some weight?"

hmmmmmmmm there in lies the question.

Old 01-21-2004, 12:46 PM   #6  
Walking by faith

Angry Hello Ladies

First of all, to you Lynnie. Don't let the scale get you down! Discouragement is one of 's best weapons (that, and Reese's Peanut Butter cups! ). Keep tracking your points, exercising, and drinking your water. You'll see not only better numbers on that scale, but you'll feel better physically and emotionally.

Leens: Hurry back!

Cathy: You'll had a hectic few days . Hope your Mom and Grandma are doing better. As for your teen w/an empty gas tank, was it a guy? That "running on empty" is a definete guy thing

Kemp: 3 lbs! You go girl!

Ruth Nice to see you!

Well, my DS called late Monday night to tell us he wanted to come home
I'm cautiously optimistic about things, but he's still without a job, and he's still in bed (at 12:45 pm ). One day at a time!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 01-21-2004, 03:58 PM   #7  

Hey Joanne!

Yep! you know them so well! it was a guy that was running on empty! definitely a guy thing!

I'm still praying for you and your family! I hope things work out girlie!

I see you and I have the same weaknesses - REESES PEANUT BUTTER CUPS! yum!

hugs,
cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 01-21-2004 at 04:02 PM.
Old 01-21-2004, 04:40 PM   #8  

Good afternoon everyone
Didn't get here yesterday....was very sad....now I know what I have been doing wrong....was using the light box in the afternoon as well as the morning...but it is so easy to forget to use it in the afternoon....that is what happened on Sunday, Monday & Tuesday....by yesterday was really sad....I used it in the P.M. yesterday....feel good today....so I will have to remember to use it every afternoon.

I met friends for coffee this morning....did some shopping. It is raining today....looks sort of grey out.

Kem....3 lbs....that is great!!!!!!!

Lynnie....please don't give up.....I have been doing the dieting thing for a very long time....that is 1 thing I have learned....when we quit trying to lose weight....it's called the all or nothing syndrome.
In the last 6 months....in 1 more week it will be 6 months....I have lost 18 lbs.......not much when you think about it....it's only about 3 lbs. a month on the average....there was 4 weeks in a row...that I only lost a 1/2 a lb....each of those 4 weeks...was getting discouraged....but I hung in there....so try to hang in there.

Hi Ruth....how is the light box working?

Cathy....sounds like your day is hectic.

April
Old 01-21-2004, 04:48 PM   #9  

Hey April! glad you're feeling better today!

How cold is it up there today? Did you buy anything while you were shopping?

I just called home to let them know that I'm going walking at the mall here in town before I head home. They will just have to live without me for an extra hour or so. They are all big boys - they can handle it! right?

hugs,
cathy
Old 01-21-2004, 06:52 PM   #10  

Hi again

Cathy.....it is 38F or +8C out today.....it was raining earlier today.....I live 500 miles north of Vancouver.
What did I buy today?.....I ordered 2 Mac lipsticks....is Mac cosmetics from the U.S.....does anyone know? I live in a small city...about 75,000 people....you can't buy Mac cosmetics here....so I have to order it.
I also bought a blanket for our bed....then I went to buy groceries....I bought some pizza dough....ediets has a recipe for pizza....using 2 oz. of pizza dough....so I thought I would try it.

April
Old 01-21-2004, 07:14 PM   #11  
Divine Gal

Thank you all!!!Thanks for the encouraging words.. Me and Dh just got right back on the horse again.Actually doing pretty well.

*hugs*
lynnie
Old 01-21-2004, 09:06 PM   #12  

Hey April! thanks for the reply! I don't guess that is especially cold for yall huh? I don't think I have ever heard of Mac makeup? But I have been using and selling Beauti Control for years, so I don't really keep up with the other makeup brands. Maybe somebody else will recognize the name ???

Lynnie! so good to see ya girlie! What ya been doing all day? you've been getting in her late? you a busy gal? I am so glad to hear that you and hubby are doing well on WW! you go girl!

Well I DID go and walk for 45 minutes after work! woooooohoooooo me! I did get 3 phone calls from home while I was walking, but everybody survived without me! really they were just calling in to let me know what they were doing and where they were going! We've trained them well!

Ok well I've got to get a shower and get some clothes washed.

Hope everybody has a good nite!

hugs,
cathy
Closed Thread