Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 01-17-2017, 04:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 268.4/261.8/130

Height: 5'

Default Fatigue/Energy

Hi all, I am in need of advice. I have been extremely tired lately. More so than ever. I had my seen doctor recently and she did some lab work, everything came back normal. While that is great, I am just lost. Maybe the fatigue is just from being a (fairly) new mom, maybe it's just from being morbidly obese, maybe it's a combination of both. Does anyone know of any ways to boost energy? I've been trying to exercise -- that has been going fairly well. I know my eating could be better, but I just suck at that and can't get it under control. I just want to be a better a mom and fiancee, but it's so hard when I feel so dang tired all the time, and then I am so crabby and depressed. Thanks in advance!
hiimawkward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 05:50 PM   #2  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

A good multivitamin can fill in the nutritional gaps in your diet. I have some pretty severe food allergies and sensitivities which really limit what I can eat. I have to have a good multi in order to not have deficiencies.

Try exercising at the time of day when your energy is at its peak- exercise itself will increase your energy over time. I know how hard it is to work out when you're tired though. I hope you have the option of working out when you aren't. I peak in the afternoons but sadly am usually at work. I started making a deal with myself that I would do something every day. Even if it was a 10 minute walk around the block, I had to do something. I gave myself permission to do for however long I felt like it. Sometimes it really was just a 10 minute walk. Sometimes it was an hour. Sometimes I will start an exercise DVD and stop halfway through. Sometimes I do the whole thing. The consistency part is just doing something. Probably keep your workouts to 30 minutes or less to start with until your energy rebounds.

And finally- on your lab work, did they test your hormone levels? As a new mom, it's always possible your body is still adjusting hormones and that can definitely make you tired.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote