Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-04-2014, 03:50 PM   #1  

Height: 5ft

Default Grandpa Passed Away.

My grandpa passed away and i'm depressed. I gained all my weight back and then some and I had BK today in a Large. I'm on med's. Help??
stardozer13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 04:57 PM   #2  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

I'm very sorry to hear that Grandpas and such special people. Yours must have meant so much to you.

I don't know what to offer about diet help, except that we do offer alot of support here, but what counts in the end is up to each individual, you come to a point where you realize you're not happy and you realize you have to make changes. best wishes!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 05:07 PM   #3  
22LBS Lost! I CAN DO THIS

Location: Columbia Basin Job Corps Civilian Conservation Center

S/C/G: 257/ticktickticker!/141

Height: 5'3"

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I know how that is. I lost my grandfather five years ago, and lost my grandmother back in February. The best I can tell you is to remember that he's watching you, and while it's fine to be depressed and greive, you have to think "What would Grandpa say if he saw me right now?" I know that helped me with the loss of my grandmother. I had to get through a full week of school before being able to grieve for her. And what kept me going was waking up every morning and saying "What would Grandma Ellen say if she saw me right now? She'd say 'Keep going sugar. You'll have time to grieve. Get that school work done so you can come visit me.'" And I kept going. Get back to whatever you were doing to lose that weight, focus on your life right now as it is, and never forget: Their lives may have left us here on earth, but their souls are always watching us from the Summerland. They can see us succeed. The only time we can ever fail is if we fail to keep living. Keep their spirit alive, remind ourselves of the impact that they left on our lives.

Blessed be, sister. You can do this.
CrimsonTears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 01:00 PM   #4  

I am very sorry to hear that. My grandparents died when I was very young and I was very sad. Maybe you should try an astrology line, they can really help you with this situation.
Helen357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 01:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 450?/450?/200

Height: 6'0

I am sorry to hear that, it is very hard losing a grandparent especially when you are close to them.
mysticalsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote