Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-12-2013, 09:47 PM   #16  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Unhappy

Hey there,

I am sad. I got into an argument with a family member about some sensitive topics and I got off the phone in hysterics. Fortunately, a different family member calmed me down and encouraged me to email a note to that person, and they will talk to them tomorrow. That is huge of them, I can breathe a little sigh of relief. I think it is unfortunate between this one family member and I, they seem to think that I just want their money but I really do love them. I feel very sad tonight after talking with this family member even though I know that they love me. I was feeling incredibly scared and actually unsafe but I managed to calm myself down, or well my other family member did. We'll see how the conversation goes tomorrow between them both.

I am going to go take a bath and then go to sleep. I have an appointment in the morning, and that is over an hour away via train.

I hope everyone here is doing better than I am tonight, sigh.
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:57 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

Seabiscuit-I should so take swimming lessons I know the basics and thats about it! It would be fun if I did it with the kids and we all learned to!! It is great excercise!!! That is awesome you got to meet Ron!!!

Ohio- I remember college move days I went to college in Ohio and lived in Pa so it was a trip too!!! I am sure you were exhausted!!

Vermont- And this is about the time we dont hear from you much cause you are always out riding or working the fun job!! LOL

Been a good day...kids spoiled me!!

We had to put my 10 year old on an antidepressant for some massive mood swings and the dr thinks its some depression. They gave him Prozac first and he went crazy...LIKE almost wasn't aware of his surroundings...school called that he was sitting in the office singing and just not himself. He said he felt so weird and it made him just feel silly. So yeah I dont like Prozac at all anyways so now we are trying Celexa but it seemed to make him angry throughout the day the first day so we will see. We are working on moving back to Pa as soon as a church opens up. The kids are struggling not being close to family and the culture in the west is really different than the east so we have had a difficult adjusting!! I think that will help him plus we will be going back to homeschool and he should do much better again!!

We have a field trip to Mt. St. Helens tomorrow so I gotta get to bed!!! Night all!!
momof4under5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:42 PM   #18  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

Wink

Hi Mom of 4-

How are you today? I am glad that your kids spoiled you! I am sorry though that your son was put on an antidepressant. I am on an antidepressant and it was trial and error for me too. I hope your family finds what works best for him.

I am really looking forward to my swimming lesson tomorrow and to volunteering before that. I missed out on volunteering last week due to allergies and a bad nosebleed but I am feeling better now,

Emotionally, I feel happier too. I was depressed last night but I am feeling better. I am looking forward to seeing my therapist on Wednesday. I hope that will be helpful for me.

Have a great day everyone!

Old 05-14-2013, 05:57 AM   #19  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hey everyone

Seabiscuit, first that is so kewl that you met Secretariat's jockey! What a magnificent horse he was, I remember the fever pitch when he won the Triple Crown. And I'm sorry about the phone call that got you so upset a couple nights ago. Have a great swimming session today!

momof4, hi!! oh gosh I'm sorry about your son and trying to find something to help him, poor kid. Glad he's got parents that aren't saying 'its all in your head, get over it' And sorry the move was not the best, hope something better comes up soon for you.

Ohio, I am glad your dear daughter is home with you now!

and Hi to everyone else.

Yes back at the job I love, YAY. And the time of year I love, double yay!! (well anything besides winter I love!) Been too cold for me to ride the motorcycle but hope that changes soon.

A co-worker is trying to quit smoking and said her doctor gave her a timed release Wellbutrin which she had an allergic reaction to...I WANT her bottle of pills, lol, i take Wellbutrin and would love a free month's supply, but don't want her to know I take anti's, I know I shouldn't be ashamed but she does divulge secrets to other people and I don't care for that...My price for 3 months of Wellbutrin is like $90, that's my co-pay.

well it's nice to see this thread so active!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:35 AM   #20  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

Wink

Hi Holly-

Thanks, yes, it was wonderful to meet Secretariat's jockey. It was a once in a lifetime experience! Now I want to get the black and white, autographed photo framed and a family member said that they would get that for me as a gift!

Thank you for your kind words about my argument with the other family member. This person means a lot to me but we don't see eye to eye a lot and it is frustrating and upsetting. I think this individual can have good but unrealistic intentions and is controlling and he said some unkind things. Oh well, we all say some things that we probably shouldn't say when we get upset, I think.

Have a great day everyone. I am off to volunteer soon!

Old 05-16-2013, 09:36 AM   #21  
on a journey

Hello friends.

Not much going on here except for work, work, work.

Does anyone watch Joel Osteen on Sunday mornings? He is a preacher who has a 1/2 hour show. I just love him. He really is wonderful. I follow him on Facebook too, so inspirational.

I need to get back to the gym. I've been remiss in going.

Hope you all are well.
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:26 PM   #22  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Hey everyone..... sorry I keep going AWOL I've realized something though. And I know this is one of my crazy things but it's the truth. Trying to keep up to this form causes me anxiety. I don't want to just pop in, tell you what's new with me and not contribute to the conversations happening. But I can't get here regularly enough to contribute positively.

I'm not sure what the solution is, I do miss our conversations but I'm not sure I can be here.
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:42 PM   #23  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

Hi everyone,

Aunty Jam, I just want you to know that I hear where you are coming from and I empathize with you. I feel like I probably shouldn't be coming here as often as I do, even though when I do, it is to give and get support. I feel like there are other things for me to do with my time and keeping up with all of these threads gets time consuming and overwhelming too. I just had to say that and that I feel a bit depressed still.

Take care everyone.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:08 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 315/210/160

Height: 5'8"

I got out of the hospital yesterday after a 5 day stay in the psych ward. I didn't sleep for 2 days, and I was already doing bad, so I had a mental break down. I feel somewhat better. I only slept 4 hrs last night though, so hopefully I sleep tonight. I have to do a partial hospitalization program next week, I go in for my intake tomorrow. I hope it's just going to last 2 weeks, I can't be missing a bunch of work.

The psych at the hospital asked me why I wasn't on disability, so now I'm doubting everything in my life. I hadn't been in the hospital in 2 years, so I thought I was doing better. I've been 4 times since 2009. Maybe I should go on disability, idk. I like working though, sometimes I just can't handle it though. I've lost most of my jobs b/c of the bipolar. I'm not sure what to do. I went back to work today and didn't accomplish much cause I was so tired.

Hope everyone is well.
Moreta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:41 PM   #25  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

Moreta-

I hope that you continue to feel better. I know that hospital stays can be upsetting. I have been in psychiatric hospitals and psychiatric wards of hospitals a number of times and I usually find it upsetting to be there. I hope that your partial hospitalization program helps you out and that you can transition to work smoothly.

I am on psychiatric disability and it does help out with my finances a lot. It may be something to consider.

Take care.

Old 05-16-2013, 09:56 PM   #26  

It's nice reading these messages guys.

It makes my life seem a little less crazy knowing other have real problems. Sorry to read about your son, Momof4

Some days, when I'm really down about my weight, reading these types of posts make me feel connected to the world

Thankyou
DietHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:22 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 266/238.1/130

Height: 5'1

Hi everyone,
It's the 1-year anniversary of my abortion. So I've been feeling a little sad. I don't regret the decision. I think I actually saved a life by not bringing it into this world. I am not ready to pass on my genes or to take care of another being.
But I'm still feeling a bit sad and vulnerable. So it's been harder to stay on my food plan. I've binged more than I wanted to.

Thank you for being here. I've read what people are struggling in their lives and it helps me.
ladykahlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:58 AM   #28  
on a journey

awwwwwwwww Everyone sounds like they are struggling so much. That makes me so sad. I wish I could help you all out somehow.

Moreta, I have put myself in the hospital before for help too so I have an idea what you are going through. i've actually been in twice. I truly wanted to die. I was in such pain. I am lucky though. I went and got a Dr and a therapist and got help for my pain. i learned that i was strong and not weak. I was not broken, it was an illness. I hope you get better, friend.

I'm still struggling with anxiety but my meds are still helping me get through. I wish it would go away. i hate feeling shaky.

I will check back in later today to see if anyone has posted. Perhaps I can give some support.

Welcome to all the newcomers, it is lovely to have you all. You are always welcome here.
Old 05-18-2013, 02:06 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 185/183/145

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone,

Sounds like we've all been through some troubling times lately. My heart goes out to all who've been struggling as of late . It's good to see your posts and that you're continuing to reach out for support.

I admit that I've been experiencing some down time as well. The move has taken a lot out of me, and other stressors have come up recently too. I'm working more and more, and I'm running myself down. With that, I know I've gone up in pounds, or at least I've become flabby. I'm thankful that my pants are still fitting! While it makes sense that I've been eating poorly and not exercising as we've been unpacking and cleaning on the weekends, it doesn't excuse the fact that I've been a zombie for about a month now. As I write this out, it makes sense that I've been down in the dumps.

So, there's my whining - now what to do about it? Well, first things first - I'm cleaning my house (not unpacking anymore - cleaning). I sent the husband out with some friends and I'm taking it one room at a time. I've already gotten through the living room and bathroom, and the next beast to tackle is the bedroom. Luckily, with my food prep method, the kitchen stays relatively clean during the week. Next on my agenda is stepping onto the treadmill OR going for a bike ride - either way, I'm getting in 30 minutes of cardio every day this week.

My third goal for the weekend is to start reading again. Now that my books are unpacked, it's time to read myself to sleep again, rather than mentally checking out to the point of sleep like I've been doing. And I wonder why I haven't had much to talk about lately? Because I haven't been filling my mind with anything other than work and cleaning/unpacking. Granted, I know it needs to be done, but it's time to give myself some attention too.

Been missing posting on this thread - you ladies are a big emotional support for me. I hope we are all coming out of our down times and things are beginning to look up for us all.

Happy Weekend!

coffeeshopgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:22 PM   #30  
on a journey

Hello again, I want to make a confession. I have not been going to the gym like I should be. I just can't seem to make myself go.. Tomorrow, I will go. They open at noon and I will go and walk, plus lift some weights. Once you stop going, it really is hard to get yourself to start going again.

I know I can confess these things to you here and you will not judge me. It's probably been a week since I have walked. I have been a very bad girl. I will start going tomorrow. Maybe if I make a schedule to go and work it into my week, I will go more???

What do you all think? Make a schedule of when to go to the gym?