Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 10-30-2012, 04:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: HW:280 CW:? GW:150

Height: 5 foot 5

Default Lab results and chocolate donuts....

I got results from my doctor today. Beginning stages of kidney disease are still there. I was hoping it somehow would fix itself and the results would be normal. I am not sure what I thought was going to fix it suddenly, a genie , magic perhaps or maybe just because I am trying to get healthier it was just going to be gone. It isn't. My mother is on dialysis so I understand what this could lead to. I am worried and scared. I start medication tomorrow to try to protect my kidneys and keep the damage from worsening.
There are 6 chocolate mini donuts waiting right on my desk in front of me right now. They keep saying they will make me feel better if i eat them. I want to believe them, but I know they are lying to me. I am all alone right now with no one to comfort me, so anyone, please, I just need a hug (not a donut).
tubolard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: HW:280 CW:? GW:150

Height: 5 foot 5

Oops I think this might be in the wrong category.
tubolard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:07 PM   #3  
FatBurningQueen

S/C/G: 230/224/160

Height: 5'11

Default You don't need to touch them

Hi there!

It's great that you have the self awareness to identify the situation and whats at stake here. Stay strong in your commitment and be mindful of your brain's attempts to rationalise your behaviour (eating those donuts!)

The longer you can resist the easier it will get, but don't think the urges will away!

Geraldine
xx
GeraldineHearne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:23 AM   #4  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

tubolard you don't say how old you are....are these kidney changes prgressive or have you maintained them by eating well?
Either way it is NOT inevitable that you will follow your Mum and STEP AWAY FROM THE DOUGHNUTS!
mountain walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:54 AM   #5  

S/C/G: H:220/SO:183/C:177.1/G:128

Height: 5'3.5"

Step away from those donuts! Things are not hopeless, and you are not going to use your situation as an excuse to eat something you know you shouldn't. You are so much stronger than that! Getting yourself healthy is your first priority, and those donuts are definitely a step in the opposite direction.
2Dy2MrwAlwys is offline   Reply With Quote