Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2003, 08:57 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Tuesday, March 4th - Daily

Good Morning All,

I'm a work today I feel like poo poo.

I'll be back later to chat.

Love, Leenie
Old 03-04-2003, 10:03 AM   #2  

HAPPY MARDI GRAS!!!!

I am back and thankful for that. You guys didn't see me on tv did you? I didn't do anything crazy don't worry. We didn have a good time but I am glad that it is only once a year.

How is everyone today?

Leens I hope you are able to wipe the poo poo away.
Old 03-04-2003, 11:13 AM   #3  

Red face I am going to bed

Morning everyone! I worked nights and so am heading to bed...it was -25 when I got to my car this morning! Yuck!

Hope you are better soon Leens...

GLad you had fun kemp!

Hi to all to come.........

Where is everyone?

Eliz
Old 03-04-2003, 12:12 PM   #4  

Hi Leens, Liz and Kem and those to come...

Liz...get some rest!!

Leens...hope Gracie is better and sorry you feel so "pooie"!!

Kem...I'd love to go to Mardi Gras some day; my parents have been and loved it.

It's trying to get up to 20 degrees right now, so much warmer than yesterdays -12. I don't know how you guys do it there Liz. I usually don't mind the cold but this is brutal. Can't wait for those little green buds on the trees this year (except for the sneezing and weezing lol )

Can't seem to stay on program these days...one day on, two days off. That's another reason for the good weather, it always motivates me. Don't know why I have to wait for the weather...but whatever works!!

We had yet another tradgedy in our part of the country. A plane with a family of 7 went down in the forest killing mom, dad and two of the five children. The other 3 children are in critical condition, they were lost overnight in 15 below weather. So they are in rough shape. They actually found the two year old thrown from the plane buried partially in snow, alive!!!... it's all so sad.

Well, hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Meg
Old 03-04-2003, 02:30 PM   #5  

Good morning everyone

It is snowing here now...but it's not cold.....just -4 C....not much happening here today....just the usual....some cleaning ...laundry.
I am reading a book by Diana Gaboldon....Voyager....has anyone read any of her books? The one I am reading is the 3rd one in the series.

This is the 3rd day that I have been OP....yippee!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Leenie.....Kemp............glad to see that you are back from your trip. Liz.....it sure is cold where you are....are you sending the cold to me....I am only 460 miles from where you are....DH says.

Meg..... I also have the problem of sometimes not being able to staying OP....sometimes I do it for 2 or 3 days or longer....then I blow it.

April
Old 03-04-2003, 10:01 PM   #6  

Angry Sorry so late

Went back to work today and over did it. I'm so tired and my arm hurts tonight.

Kem- I'm glad you had a good time at Mardi Gras. It seems like it would be a lot of craziness and too many people! But I'd like to go at least once, just to say I'd been!

Leenie- It must have been in the air today! I've felt like poo poo today as well.

I have to whine a moment if you don't mind! I'm feeling really crappy lately! I'm not able to exercise. (of course I wasn't even before I was injured) Now I'm feeling really crummy though! I feel so fat! I am fat! Hate looking in the mirror! Don't want my husband to touch me! Haven't for a while! I'm bigger than I've ever been "250+" Not being able to do anything about it right now is not helping! I just want to eat and sleep or watch TV. My doc asked me the other day if I found joy in anything! I honestly couldn't find anything! I hate it! I'm not being fair to myself or my family. I have withdrawn from everything and everybody. I put on a good face, but inside I'm dying! My doc added the Wellbutrin to my drug regimen. It just doesn't seem to help! He's threatened me with hospitalization but I just don't feel I'm there! That seems so drastic at this point! The past several months have just been really rough and I'm stuck in a rut!!!

Thanks for listening!!! I need to find something positive and I'm not finding it! Can't get out of this hole! any suggestions? AAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!

Janie
Old 03-04-2003, 11:09 PM   #7  

Janie......I feel so bad for you....what is the 1st med you are on? Are your meds working....between the 2 of them?.....maybe they aren't working.

About the sex part.....could it be a side effect of the meds. With my being on the Effexor.....sex never came into my mind. The counsellor said....even though I didn't feel like it....to just do it....you could try that...sex is supposed to be good for you....they say. It does make you feel better....take it from someone who has been married for almost 38 years.

April
Old 03-04-2003, 11:20 PM   #8  

Thanks April! WOW 38 yrs! We've been married 13 yrs. My DH is the most wonderful man in the world. I'm not feeling very worthy of him right now.

I know....I've heard the same thing about sex. I'm almost embarrased now that it's been so long. I'm so self-consious about my body. I hate it! Sometimes, I've thought he'd be better without me but I know that's not a realistic thought! He loves me! He'd have to 'cause I've put him thru so much in the last 13+yrs and he's still hanging around.

As far as my depression, I am at the point that I can't tell if it's working or not. I'm not in tears all the time but I just can't feel any joy right now. Everything is on my nerves. I am feeling guilt for nothing. Feeling distant from my family, like I don't belong. I suppose it's that perfectionism that keeps creeping up! It's too big a job to do on my own but I don't have any desire to do anything about it!

Well anyway! It's just a day! "I'm missing my mom too!" That's not helping either!

"Tomorrow is another day!"

Janie ("Scarlett")
Old 03-05-2003, 12:14 AM   #9  

Default Hang in there Janie

Just read your posts now as I have been snoozing off and on today....we are here for you...sounds like you are doing all the right things...hang in there and keep in touch!

See ya tomorrow,,,things may look better in the light of day!

Hang in there.

Eliz
Closed Thread