Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 10-02-2017, 03:52 PM   #1  

Default October 2017 Ups & Downs Support Group

I can't believe it's time to do this already, but here it is; the October 2017 Ups and Downs Support Group thread!

Please feel to come by, both old and new members, and say hello!
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 04:03 PM   #2  

Hope everyone is well! I'm feeling pretty run down today. I don't know why my energy is so low I'm supposed to be doing housework, but I've run out of steam.

I'm still a bit stressed about the mugging I saw on Friday, a bit edgy about my bag. I'm sure I'll settle down, but it's not fun right now.
Old 10-02-2017, 08:49 PM   #3  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone! I am SO saddened about the tragic events in Las Vegas last night. It hit me close to home, because I am a HUGE country music fan, and that could have just as easily been me and my daughter at that concert last night. We go to tons of country concerts. We are actually scheduled to see Jason Aldean (who was performing when the gunfire rang out) on October 19th, but I have a feeling it will be postponed or cancelled. First and foremost, though, my heart breaks for the families of the victims. They are in my prayers. Such a senseless tragedy!

I am finally, slowly getting moving a little more and getting some exercise in periodically. I am nowhere near consistent again, though, and that is my goal. I took my pups for a walk yesterday and today. Both days were beautiful weather days and perfect for a walk outdoors! Even though I am extremely sad that summer has ended, I like fall weather. It is just that I know that w...w...winter is next. Every year, I literally think I won't survive the freezing cold winter weather!

Coop: I'm so sorry you witnessed a mugging recently. You are so brave to stop in an attempt to scare the mugger away and identify him. So sorry you are in turmoil and anxious about it now, though. I can't blame you. I would feel the same. Let's hope and pray that it all ends well. Was the victim okay?

I'm not clear on what you mean when you said you are "a bit edgy about your bag." I think I am caught up on posts, but I may have missed something.

Keep us updated about your thyroid. I am hypothyroid and take two meds each morning before breakfast for it. Good that you are getting the assistance of a nutritionist. That should only help you in your quest for weight loss and good health.

Lisa: Hooray!!! You made it to Washington!!! You must be exhausted! So, what pets made the trip with you, along with Elvira? You mentioned pets...plural. I'm thinking one or more of your cats, too. I thought one of your friends was driving out there with you, too? Regardless, I am just SO happy and relieved to know that you are THERE!!! Please post when you can with an update. We are all thinking about you and wishing you the best!

Holly: Our temps have been going up and down lately, but mostly toward the warmer side. This week is supposed to be warm again. I am hanging on to every last shred of summery weather!!!!! I am in denial that it is officially fall.

The tension is better in my household at the moment, but I am focusing on one day at a time. I am afraid to say that things are better, because it seems like every time I let down my guard, something bad happens. I hate to think that way, but it's true. I'm just trying to enjoy the good moments as best as I can when they are here.

Monica: Thank you, as always, for your prayers for my family. I so appreciate your support. Yay for you on going down a size!

Aunty Jam: Sorry that you are still having a rough time. Sending hugs!

Last edited by IBelieveInMe2; 10-02-2017 at 09:11 PM.
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 08:01 AM   #4  

kathleen it's so awful about Las Vegas, isn't it? I did think about your family when it happened, hoping you and no one you knew had been there. The singer must feel so shaken right now, I can't imagine how guilty you must feel after something like that.

I'm glad you're getting out walking again, and the weather is holding out for you!

I was on edge as in clutching my bag a bit tighter and worrying someone might take it, that's all.

The lady was unharmed, but really shaken. They struggled for a good few minutes. For some reason she didn't want to talk to police though, I don't know why.

Last edited by Coop27; 10-03-2017 at 01:46 PM.
Old 10-05-2017, 05:17 PM   #5  

I'm here.

I have been so busy. I really like my apartment. I'm getting odds and ends, soap, wash clothes, snacks to eat when I'm hungry. I haven't gone grocery shopping yet.

I did go clothes shopping yesterday. I did not get much, 3 shirts, and 1 pair of black jeans. I love my shirts, they are flowy and cute.

My car still needs cleaned out.

I bought a couch.

The cats seem to really like the apartment.

Ill do personals soon.
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 06:00 PM   #6  

Lisa - so pleased you and the cats like your apartment! And that you have a couch sorted have you recovered from your epic drive yet? Have the cats recovered?

Last edited by Coop27; 10-05-2017 at 06:00 PM.
Old 10-08-2017, 09:12 PM   #7  

Coop, Looking back, it was a nightmare. I hated it. The cats seem to like the apartment. I do too. I am just glad to be here.

I am a little down today. My knee is hurting. I need to get out tomorrow. I watched football all day.
Old 10-08-2017, 09:50 PM   #8  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy

Well, just as I thought... I should have never said that things were better in my household. The $hit hit the fan again tonight. I am SO sick of this crap and all of the stress!!! I am afraid it is going to tear my family apart.
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 11:19 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInMe2 View Post
Well, just as I thought... I should have never said that things were better in my household. The $hit hit the fan again tonight. I am SO sick of this crap and all of the stress!!! I am afraid it is going to tear my family apart.
Kathleen,
You can't control other people. They make their own decisions. I know its hard but you need to let them make them and then just support them the best you can.

Mental health is a *****. Just do what you can do. Maybe in time, things will work themselves out. My therapist always says, "it is, what it is." I mean she always, always says this.

Kathleen, it is what it is.

Love to you.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:02 PM   #10  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hello!! so much to comment on .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop27 View Post
I was driving through a slightly rougher part of town yesterday and saw a woman getting mugged, so I pulled over in an attempt to scare him off & make sure she was safe. I managed to get a good look at him, and gave details to the police, but I am now super-paranoid and anxious about it all. I really hope he confesses so I don't have to go to court

Oh my gosh Coop, you are an ANGEL and a HERO to try to intervene!!!! really!! so many people would have just driven by!! blessings to you! I am sorry you are feeling anxious about it, of course you would be. I hope also that the jerk confesses so you don't have to be involved in the court process. HUGS and RESPECT to you Coop!!!

Lisa - CONGRATS on being in your new home!! glad you were able to do a little clothes shopping. I hope so much that this place is good to you!

Kathleen, oh gosh honey I am SO sorry that things are not good in your family now, especially right after you were hesitant to say they were OK in fear of things getting bad again that sucks!! you have been through so much and oh gosh I wish you could be happy! I'm glad you said you have been able to get some more movement in, and I am RIGHT WITH YOU in holding onto every second of this and absolutely dreading the inevitable that is coming.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 08:21 PM   #11  
Biker Chick!

and thanks to Coop for starting the October thread

I have been working alot of hours and fighting off getting a cold, it's like almost every night I feel that slight sore throat starting but by the next morning, after coffee and a hot shower, I feel better. The 'good job' ends this Sunday!! so I will try to get as much enjoyment as possible this week

My brother is in the hospital again. He is on State disability, due to lifelong (diagnosed at 10 years old as schizophrenic!! ) mental problems. My sister and I both live about equidistant from him, but I never see him because it is just too uncomfortable to be around him. I don't know how my sister can do it but she does take him out occasionally for lunch or dinner or outings.

He does have a caseworker that checks on him almost daily but my brother has stopped taking his medications and keeps going to the hospital. So a decision has been made that he has to go in a group living situation, it will be a nursing/rehab place. I had to meet wtih the hospital and the caseworker today, I am a selfish person that I did not like giving up 4 hours of my one day off and I am honest to admit that.

We finally got some rain today, after almost 3 weeks of no rain at all. I admit I am glad to not have to water all my plants for one day, it takes over an hour but I still love doing it.

Did my volunteer work Saturday afternoon/evening with the local Fire Department's Harvest supper, I made 8 pies and 40 servings of cake.

I will try to check in more often!!
Old 10-10-2017, 08:04 AM   #12  

kathleen I'm so sorry things have kicked off at home again. I can only pay it's short lived, and the road smoothes out again soon. I understand you feel like you've jinxed it, but I'm sure it had no sway whatsoever.

Holly enjoy your last week in the good job! Fantastic that you prepared all that food for your local fire department! You're a star! I'm really sorry to hear about your brother such a difficult thing to have to deal with. I hope his moving to group living will give you some peace of mind. I don't blame you for not visiting too often, it sounds awful, but it is so hard to spare time for these things, especially when you work as hard as you do!

Lisa have you sorted any more furniture for you new place yet?
Old 10-10-2017, 08:15 AM   #13  

I am feeling a little less anxious following the mugging. I have to say, you might think it was brave to stop, but the mugging was in broad daylight - it was 8.40am (still rush hour) and there were a lot of people walking nearby on their way to school! It didn't feel right NOT to stop. I think the brazen-ness is what shook me, as you tend to feel like you should be safe during daylight, and on such a busy street.

We are getting a new bathroom installed this week - it's quite exciting I've never had a new bathroom before! The floor was completely destroyed by a leaky pipe in April, and we had to rip the old bathroom out to replace the floorboards anyway. It doesn't cost much more to replace the furniture while we're at it.
Old 10-10-2017, 08:35 PM   #14  
Biker Chick!

Coop 8:00 in the morning is extremely brazen and shocking, and even on a busy street!! but you have a sweet soul and that is what made you try to help! I'm glad you are feeling a little less anxious about it Wow a new bathroom IS exciting! I've never had that either so I can share your joy congrats!!

Yes it will be a relief to know my brother will be overseen by people. He is only 63. too young to pass away from stuff that can be controlled!

Hello to everyone else!!

Today was gorgeous sunny, just a little warm (high 70's) Just right for me to mow the lawn as soon as i got home from work but it looks nice again I thank my lucky stars each day my beautiful flowers are still alive

Last edited by VermontMom; 10-10-2017 at 08:37 PM.
Old 10-12-2017, 06:53 PM   #15  

Kathleen,

I hope you are ok. Please don't take my last post to you as being unfeeling. I love you to pieces. I just hate that you are up and down, up and down.

I just wanted to share with you what my therapist shares with me. Acceptance of a situation seems to help me. Right now, I am kinda freaking out. I miss Jennifer. What did I just do???

Then I remember that I never saw her much anyway. I am just remembering that it is, what it is. I'm happy here, yes I miss her so much but I haven't died.

It is, what it is.

Miss you other,ladies, sooo much.