Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-18-2010, 10:16 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 230/225/170

Height: 5'9"

Wellbutrin has really helped me get thru some hard times; though I don't really like taking medication, so use it until I'm back on track and then go off again. I definitely feel like W has helped me lose weight... not sure if it's the drug or just that I no longer feel like crap and eat all day long. Being depressed and gaining weight are a vicious cycle for me. Hope that helps!
AnneL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:50 AM   #62  

Hi,
My understanding is that Wellbutrin is the one anti depressant that does NOT cause weight gain. As always I would encourage you to ask your doctor. Good luck.
Sheridan
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 03:55 PM   #63  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneL View Post
12 pounds so far & still losing!

Another pro for Wellbutrin... increased sex drive. It's actually been studied, so it's not just me. Looks like a win-win for my husband. Happier, thinner, hornier wife. Sorry if that's TMI!

Which Wellbutrin are you taking?
Beiby Nessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 03:55 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 275/See Ticker/170

Height: 5'4"

I have almost completed my first month on Wellbutrin and it's helped me in about a million different ways. I rarely have cravings and when I do they're little more than passing thoughts. Wellbutrin can contribute to insomnia and exacerbate anxiety, both of which are problems that I've had pretty much my whole life. But with the Wellbutrin helping me control my obsessive thoughts, I'm calmer and am able to sleep better. As a result I've been able to exercise better and I don't eat to stay awake/because I'm stressed. I've lost 14 pounds this month and I still have 4 days until my next weigh in!
KsLittleSparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 02:48 PM   #65  

Hi, I'm on both Celexa and Wellbutrin. They both work differently and can work well together. Celexa is somewhat sedating and should ideally be taken in the evening. I take my Wellbutrin in the morning.

Celexa works on the serotonin levels in the brain, whereas Wellbutrin works on the norepinephrine and dopamine levels.

I'm not a physician, so please don't take this as medical advice, but I've been on antidepressants for a couple of years with good results.

Take good care of yourself!
Catya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 08:31 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 242/185/155

Height: 5'8

Arrow Weight loss plateau is the worst

Wellbutrin was a miracle for me too.

I work FT now, 2 jobs, so for me its lack of time to exercise that is my Roadblock to losing weight any faster.

Its like Molasses in January currently for my weight loss speed.

I work 2 jobs because my 1st job which is a FT job doesnt quite pay me enough to survive here in CA, USA.

I am also agoraphobic so cant move to a cheaper state ever....

When I do have the time i do love to take walks at night following dinner. I really miss lap swimming though.

I dont like commuting to at he pool and they changed the class from Free Lap Swim to some weird class like Accelerated Swimming which i have Not a clue as to what that entails and dont wish to reg and then have to drop the class if I cant swim my heart out.

So Wellbutrin for me is working well. I have energy to work 2 jobs. I eat less. Sometimes I even forget to eat a meal until i feel dizzy and almost pass out, oopsy...

But still need to drop 40 Lbs.....

Last edited by 1Bluerose68; 08-23-2017 at 08:37 PM.
1Bluerose68 is offline   Reply With Quote