Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2002, 08:41 AM   #1  

Default Friday May 10

Good morning all! It is 0640 here and I am off for my walk...weigh in today and my rings are tight...not a good sign..have to do the 10 second tidy today as big brother coming over for supper and also want to squeeze a nap in later as I start the night shifts tonight...the party is over! Have a great day all and get your hineys out of bed.....TGIF Linda and the rest of you that fridays mean so very much to! Liz
Old 05-10-2002, 09:02 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Kids,

I can't talk much today, very busy but I'm hoping to sneak some time in later when the boss leaves for a meeting

Things are going good, can't complain. So far the Zoloft has made the world of difference in how I've been feeling lately. I'm so relieved and happy that I finally got the balls enough to go see my doctor......

I'll check back in later,

EVERYONE !! if I can't check in, have a wonderful day and weekend and I'll talk to you all on Monday.

HUGGS, Love Leens
Old 05-10-2002, 01:50 PM   #3  

Default Mornin' .. errr almost afternoon

Hi Ladies and Lurkers,

Yesyesyes Lizzy, its friiiidaaay. Takes its darned time getting here, doesn't it? Glad you got up from your walk.. keep pushing and soon it will be a habit.

Leens, I am glad Zoloft has kicked in for you and you see a positive change. Hope you manage to sneak back in soon.

Just same old work stuff today. Later going to grocery store and drug store to do weekly chores... then HOME. I am going to try not to budge from home this weekend, but I may have to cave in and go to Costco <I can hear my checkbook crying already> Has anyone ever gotten out of one of those warehouse clubs spending less than $100.00?

Things went well with Pastor last nite and the new website is moving full speed ahead. I hated the old one but was never given any help with content.. until now.

Hope you have a nice weekend, if you can't post here during it.
Old 05-10-2002, 02:35 PM   #4  

Good Afternoon everyone,
I'm still in my down mood, i'm just trying to take things as they come and keep this smile plastered on my face. i've got a busy weekend ahead of me. Hubby and i are having My parents and my 2 brothers family's and my MIL in for dinner on sunday for Mothers day. Am i nuts or what, Never mind don't answer that
I still have to clean my entire house and grocery shop so i know what i'll be doing tomorrow.

I can't remember who asked yesterday but yes i'm still on anti-depressants. I take 300 mg. of Effexor daily. I've been on it for a couple of months. It leaves me feeling dazed, but it's better than never knowing what my mood is going to be like but man i hope that part of it passes soon. One of the Dr.'s a saw told me that i will probable never be able to be off of medication because when i hit bottom i have a very explosive temper that i am unable to control. Oh well life goes on. One thing that i have found that helps me stay feeling good about myself is Yoga. The first of the year i started taking yoga classes and they really help. I think part of the reason i've been down the last couple of days is because i've missed my last 4 classes. My next class is tuesday night so i'm planning on attending it no matter what.

Ok i'll stop rambling.... Everyone have a GREAT Mothers Day Weekend.
MrsM
Old 05-10-2002, 02:51 PM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi again,

I got only but a minute. Andrea nuts ?? you ?? hehehehe you shouldn't leave us with such a loaded question
Enjoy your dinner, it sound like you'll be busy but fun. We are going to visit my MIL and my M on Sunday but if its raining to hard I'm not going anywhere. I refuse to drag that baby out in bad weather Sorry your still feeling blue. HEY how come we can't have alcohol on these meds........boy if I knew that ROFLMFAO...actually I don't drink but on ocassion like maybe 2x a year I like a cold beer and it says we can't have it on zoloft

Linnny, I've only walked out of those places maybe 1 x under $100.00. Its sick, each item you pick up is $7 - $10. So just a few things and bam....$100+

Liz, chicken little, I hope you had a real nice walk. I used to enjoy walking in the AM, the world is just so peaceful then - scary too because you don't know what animals are still out haaaaa. Mostly I'm afraid of bears....we get them here, YES even in the suburbs cause we're kinda in the mountains.

Well gotta run.

TTYL, Love Leens
Closed Thread