Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-22-2008, 12:04 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

devil's swimming pool looks pretty awesome! i'd be all in. =)

happy birthday hope! enjoy the cake!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 12:29 PM   #17  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

WOOt! There's a party goin on here!

Happy b-day Hopey! May all your wishes come true!

I just wanted to let you know that you inspired me to join the BL challenge! I hope we all end up on the same team!

Last edited by Amarie2pt0; 04-22-2008 at 12:34 PM.
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 02:09 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

hApPy BiRtHdAy HOPE!!!!

hope you have an AWESOME birthday!

hugs & blessings,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 03:05 PM   #19  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Happy Birthday Hope!!!
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 03:16 PM   #20  
I was born this way hey!

Thanks for the advice and support.

I have a doc appt in 2 hours (thank God they had an opening!!). So we'll see what she says.

I dont think I could ever be a cutter. I watched my best friend go through that in high school, and it was just terrible. It kinda freaks me and dh out that I like to get off on the tattoo pain. I got my first tattoo about 2 months after my mom passed away..and my 2nd one a few months after that. Both are on my wrists..and both were painful. Fonzo thinks its really weird that I want all my tattoos in the most painful areas..but I dunno..If I bring this up with my doc, she'll think I'm crazy for sure, lol.

To make matters worse, Fonzo will be leaving very soon for 2 months. I really dont want him to go. I know I've made it through a 7 month deployment, so 2 months will be a breeze. But I'm just gonna miss him so much. I dont really see my friends anymore. They all had babies and have nothing in commen with me anymore. So I'll probably just sit at home for 2 months becoming a shut in. Except for when I go visit Fonzo in SD for a week.

I'm seriously hoping that when May is over, I'll stop being so negative. I was doing really well too. I felt like I had accept what happened and was slowly moving on. But now I'm back to square one. Maybe I was just in denial. I dunno...

Anyways..I'm rambling now. I'm gonna go get ready. BBL
Old 04-22-2008, 03:30 PM   #21  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Girlies,

Just a quick note: I will be gone until Saturday morning so if you have any problems, issues, please contact the BIG CHICKS, either Suzanne or Jennifer.

See you Saturday

love yah
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 05:32 PM   #22  

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone!!

Hope,Hope you have a great day and get really spoiled!!

shop thats great that you are able to get in to see your doc, hope you can get some answers and you feel better.

leenie, we'll miss you.

Cathy, you go girl!!! Wow you are a walking machine!

Oh sassy, I followed the link and just killed a couple of hours looking through the site. That pool sure looks neat and the photos from the edge are spectacular, but I'm a little afraid of heights.

Hi everyone else!!

Busy weekend here. A lot of running around on Saturday. B looked so pretty all gussied up. I have to upload all the pictures she took. It looks like she had a blast. On Sunday hubby and I went a bought a new washer and dryer. Unfortunatly they don't arrive until May 2. I'm oddly excited about recieving new appliances?!? Yesterday I went in to my mom's and did a couple loads of laundry and ran around town with her. She bought a second hand fridge for her rental house. Boy is it huge (22 cubic foot) It was a good price and they delivered. And I picked up a new printer/scanner for us. Good thing I did as B needed to print off an essay for school. I don't know if winter is ever going to end around here. We got blowing snow yesterday, thankfully nothing stuck. And we are staying below freezing. We've heard speculation that it is suppose to be a really hot summer, so looking foreward to that possibility.

Well I should go and get this floor washed I don't think I can put it off another day.

Take care everyone,
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 08:18 PM   #23  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me_Amarie View Post
I just wanted to let you know that you inspired me to join the BL challenge! I hope we all end up on the same team!
where is the challenge??
jerzygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 08:21 PM   #24  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOPE!

you can eat a WHOLE virtual cake...especially when it's smiling

Last edited by jerzygal; 04-22-2008 at 08:21 PM. Reason: to make it funnier :)
Old 04-22-2008, 10:50 PM   #25  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Wink Hey Ya'All

Hey Ya'All,

What a day or night or whatever......I woke up late, DH just sat out in the living room and let me be late. GRRRR! I know I am an adult and all of that, but like I told him, I wouldn't just sit in the other room knowing full well that my spouse was still sleeping and would be late for work. Anywho.....lol

Lets see.........I got my shift I wanted. Sun - Wed - Week 1 and Sun - Tues Week 2 -- 9 pm - 9:30 AM Starts May 10th. My boss has been by my cube every evening this week so far and he's been unusually nice! Freaking me out!

Here is the Devil's Swimming Pool to those who haven't viewed it yet.

To All -- No way I'd do the Devil's Swimming Pool!!! lol. I'm a big lol.

Happy Birthday, Hope!

Hope everybody is doing great.

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 12:17 AM   #26  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

AWWW.... Thanks so much everybody!

I had a good day today. I had Cracker Barrel for lunch and Mexican for dinner! I ran around and did some shopping inbetween and bought a couple new tops that I could wear to work (if I had a job) or for casual. I wanted to get a mani and pedi but I didn't have time b/c of pool tonight. The team had a cake for me which was german chocolate. It was a treat b/c many of my friends don't like coconut. I also weighed in at WW and was down 3 lbs.

Jerzy: I should have just stuck with the lower calorie virtual cake you sent me! TBL challenge is in the Exercise forum under TBL challenges. Unfortunately the deadline to sign up was April 19. I think it starts this sunday and runs through most of the summer. If you want you can just do it with me and Amarie, and maybe Shop? I can't remember is she signed up. Just report here how much you lost/ gained for the week and your exercise and I'll do the same. It helped me to start my weight loss again. Let us know if you want to.

Sassy: Glad you finally had something positive happen at work!

Buddly: As an adult I've found that new appliances are exciting! I can't believe you still have snow.

Cathy: That's awesome and the food journaling really makes such a difference. Why don't I do it? I don't know but I am inspired by your commitment.

Shop: Missing a parent is so hard. It will take a lot of time and never go away completely. Time alone doesn't make it any easier. I hope the dr.'s visit helps. Come here often and keep us posted.

Iris: How are you doing today? Thanks for the cake too!

Heather: Miss you girl!

Last edited by hope4me; 04-23-2008 at 12:19 AM.
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 12:21 AM   #27  

Francie, Once you start feeling better maybe there are some projects you can start to get your mind off of things...like learn to knit or paint the bathroom or build a dollhouse. That way you'd have a goal in mind that will take a certain amount of time...like just enough before Fonzo gets home!

Although these suggestions are not possible, I realize, until you feel better.

Let us know what the doc says! (And I'm sure if no one here thought you were crazy for wanting a tattoo, then the psychiatrist DEFINITELY won't!)

Good luck, chickadee.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:31 AM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope4me View Post
Jerzy: I should have just stuck with the lower calorie virtual cake you sent me! TBL challenge is in the Exercise forum under TBL challenges. Unfortunately the deadline to sign up was April 19. I think it starts this sunday and runs through most of the summer. If you want you can just do it with me and Amarie, and maybe Shop? I can't remember is she signed up. Just report here how much you lost/ gained for the week and your exercise and I'll do the same. It helped me to start my weight loss again. Let us know if you want to.
Sad I missed the deadline. But thanks for thinking of starting one here. I'll be fine, though. I'm sure there will be another TBL Challenge in the future to get in on.

THANKS
Old 04-23-2008, 10:28 AM   #29  
I was born this way hey!

Hey all..heres a little update.

My doc didnt really want to give me a higer dosage, but I will be going to a therapist next week. They wanted to give me an appt for next tuesday, but thats my birthday, lol. So we just made it for Wed. So ya..we'll see how that all goes.

Jerzy~I've been thinking of taking up scrapbooking again. But I have no idea where my scrapbook went, lol. I did find a bunch of books that I never finished reading, or want to read again. So I added them to my summer reading list.

I'm also gonna get back on track w/exercising. I pretty much stopped when Fonzo went on leave. I would walk every now & then..but it didnt make a huge difference. I'm gonna put together all my dvds and do a diff one for each day of the week. I want to look somewhat hot when I see Fonzo this summer, lol.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:33 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang

Hope - sounds like you had a great birthday! and WOW congrats on 3 lbs down!!!

Leenie - we miss you already! hope all is well!

Hey Buddly - I don't know anyone who wouldn't be excited about new appliances!!! It's hard to believe that y'all are still below zero! wow! It's 70 here right now - with the humidity if feels warmer than that.

Hey Sassy - I hate waking up late and then running around like a chicken with my head cut off. It makes for a crazy day!

Hey Jerzy & Shopaholic - what y'all up to?

I've got to get to work. Hope everybody has a blessed day!
hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote